Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #541
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

BTW, who's being refered to as Tee-Tee? I still don't quite know who he's talking about hehe

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
PopArtGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #542
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

OMG I love your Buzz photos, they're just so funny
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #543
bjscheel
I voted for tigers!
Pork Baby of 1976

I love this report! I think your dad is an older version of my DH. And my girls used to call their Aunt Teresa "Tee-Tee" too!
November 2009- CBR
June 2011- POR
June 2013- DisneyLand/San Diego
June 2014- CBR

DH Me DD15 DD13

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2: 8-9)
bjscheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #544
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouDisney View Post
You guys do seem like a fun bunch. I'm really enjoying.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
I'm only on page 19 but really enjoying it.

I so needed to get back here on the dis. Your reports are making me smile and I needed that. Thanks!
I'm glad that I could make you smile my dear.

Quote:
If Everest made Jenni sick then it def. is a no no for my sensitive head. I've never done it yet, and probably never will.
Yeah, if you have any sensitivity issues, I wouldn't recommend it. It's the backwards part that will get you in the end.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #545
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
BTW, who's being refered to as Tee-Tee? I still don't quite know who he's talking about hehe
That would be me. That's what the kiddos call me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
OMG I love your Buzz photos, they're just so funny
They were such a funny series of pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjscheel View Post
I love this report! I think your dad is an older version of my DH. And my girls used to call their Aunt Teresa "Tee-Tee" too!
Thanks! I'm glad that you enjoy.

My Dad is just a nut job. But we love him.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #546
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Danielle! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Wow - the PP pics in front of the castle had me rolling!

So, tell the truth, did Mini-Yeti add some Bailey's to that iced coffee?

OMG - the pic of you and your mom on Buzz - HILARIOUS!!!!!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #548
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Hi Danielle! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Wow - the PP pics in front of the castle had me rolling!

So, tell the truth, did Mini-Yeti add some Bailey's to that iced coffee?

OMG - the pic of you and your mom on Buzz - HILARIOUS!!!!!
Thanks, you too!

You can expect no less than shenanigans from us when you get us in front of a PP photographer. LOL.

Spiking it would be in his nature. Thankfully, we were in the Magic Kingdom, where they only serve at BOG.....I did NOT have a tiny bottle in my purse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
All caught up !! I totally LOL'ed whne I saw that photo of your Mom on Buzz. So hilarious. Dang you guys take the funniest photos !! And how in the heck did she get 999999 ??? Wha ??

Susan
It was so perfectly timed, she will forever go down in history (at least in my world) for it.

I have absolutely no idea what she hit. I thought I knew where the high value targets were, but clearly she hit something amazing.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #549
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

A Little Bit of This and That

My trip is approaching! We're almost in the 30 day window, which is so exciting! I'm at work right now (sssshhhhh), just waiting because I have to drop my car off to get detailed, but can't do that until I know my Mom is on her way to pick me up. What a life.

I wanted to just post some random things before the trip and see what you guys thought about some things.

Sooooo, if you're not Facebook friends with me, you likely have not seen that I changed my hair. Gone is the platinum hair that I totally thought I would have forever. I admit it. I got bored. It's in my nature guys! It has nothing to do with being unhappy with anything, I just love change. I am also a cosmetics / beauty junkie, so hair goes hand in hand with that. So here is what I will look like for a little while.

This is right after it was done.

Red it is! I love red. The only downfall of red is that it's a pain to maintain. Seriously. It fades like nobodies business.

Red hair is like having a kid. If you don't take care of it, it will die.

If anyone is EVER interested in how I take care of red hair, let me know and I'll bore you with the details.

Here it is in more light and I was messing around with it attempting to make myself look like a rockstar. I am NOT a rockstar guys, much as I might wish I was.

So that's the new me! I'm digging it. For now at least. Goodness knows, I'll change my mind again.

I also bought TONS of stuff on Black Friday (shopping online, I don't go out to the stores. That's for crazy people!). So I've gotten and obnoxious amount of Disney clothes. Not all of it has come yet, but here's what I've taken pictures of so far.

And they're long sleeved! I'll be solid in the unpredictable weather in WDW in January. Holla!

I will definitely post more pictures of the rest of them as they arrive. My Mom has a bunch coming too, because we clearly suffer from the same disease.

The last thing I need is suggestions.

In case you guys didn't know, I love makeup. I love to do makeup and had actually wanted to be a makeup artist. But somehow I am an Accountant. We won't discuss semantics regarding how I got from one place to another.

ANYHOODLE, I love to do looks that are inspired by Disney. I use the color palettes from the movies, from a person's outfit, all kinds of stuff. I have one already planned for the trip, but just so you know where I'm coming from.

That one I did for Frozen when I went to see the movie. See what I'm talking about? Inspired by? Not like a straight up rip off or anything literal.

So what I'm asking is....if I were to do a makeup look inspired by Disney each day of my January trip, what looks would you like to see? What characters would you like me to draw inspiration from?

I'm going to call it Dis-makeup-bounding. I'm not a Disbounder like Katt is with outfits, but I'll be doing my own take on it.

Thoughts?

Last edited by IheartDDuck; 12-05-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #550
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Considering I wouldn't know what to do with even a lipstick I probably shouldn't be giving any suggestions on make up inspirations. Perils of the Y chromosome I suppose. I was trying to make a pony tail for DD this evening for her gymnastics class and I struggled for about 15 minutes before coming up with a half baked tie. DD7 immediately sensed it and said "Oh great, I bet I now look like a clown!"

Your new hair color looks great!

Your trip is getting so close which means ours isn't far behind!!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #551
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Wow! Your hair looks great!!!! I totally know what you mean about getting bored - I have to change all the time. I never do red because I fear the up-keep.

The make-up thing is awesome! I'm actually kind of jealous - I am B-A-D at make-up, so I just do a little foundation, mascara, and lipstick. I would love to be able to do (and pull off) something awesome like your Frozen look. DANG!

Hmm - as for inspiration, I will have to think on that. I am not very creative. I know what Willow would say though - Ariel, Rapunzel, Belle, Tiana, etc., etc., etc.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #552
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

WE WANT THE REDHEAD!!!!

I love the color.

I love the makeup and hair you did for Frozen. Despite being a girl I am an idiot when it comes to makeup so sorry if I can't help but you always manage to come up with something fantastic.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #553
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

I LOVE the red! It suits you so well! I feel ya on the maintenance though. This summer I decided to color my hair for the first time ever and did a red ombre. I had it done in June and it was gone by my August WDW trip. Merp. Ah well.

Love the Tangled shirt so much! I got the black one with the lanterns. And of course I love the Beauty and the Beast one.

The Frozen makeup looks great! I feel like there could be some cool Aladdin ones, either Prince Ali or Jasmine.
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:12 AM   #554
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Loving the red Danielle! It really suits you!

I am so very bad at make-up. You have some skills!

I think you HAVE to do Ariel with that red hair! And if you're open to it, a Peter Pan look would be cool too!

Can't wait to see what you do.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:53 AM   #555
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I love the red! I tried to do that colour once, it is a pain to maintain!
I would like to see a Merida inspired make up day. Especially with the new red hair!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: