Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #481
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,766

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Hmmmm. My curiosity had me clicking on your Jan'12 TR link.
Hahahahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
OMG, that picture of Joaquin with the sticker AND the shades pulled up AND the look on his face. That's a Kodak moment!!

Wait, what happened to George???? Oh I see, they decided to use fake names this time. Gotcha!

That was VERY cool to have the band announce them like that.

You know when you were in Biergarten, you should have tried the beer.

Ahh my precious Maelstrom. The wettest ride in all of WDW.

Ohhhhhh, it was a sword!! I could have sworn it was a crucifix.
George was incognito on that day, which is why she didn't want to be noticed. I think she was afraid of her fame reaching new heights since she was announced on our boat ride from DTD to Saratoga.

I know, I should have tried the beer! Dangit.

Yup, it was a sword. Although it's hysterical to me that you thought it could be a crucifix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
MMM the food at Biergarten for sure is fantastic..... and the beer too
It certainly is.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #482
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran
 
ZehnJahren's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,373

I had a couple of opportunities to go to Biergarten this trip and didn't! Now I'm kind of sorry.

I had NO idea what was going on in that picture!!
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #483
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,766

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
I had a couple of opportunities to go to Biergarten this trip and didn't! Now I'm kind of sorry.

I had NO idea what was going on in that picture!!
It's always been really yummy for us. I've never had a bad experience, so I definitely tell people they need to try it.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #484
kastoney
Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm
 
kastoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 981

Sausage, cheesecake, beer, and gas....what's not to love!!!
__________________
Me (Kari) Hubby & r lil minnie (3)

WDW 78, 86, 89, 90, 94, 97, 99, 01, 10, 13, 14
Disneyland 86, 89 & 07 (Honeymoon)
Next up the big 4-0 Birthday Trip with WL/BW Split Stay 12-21 Sep
kastoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #485
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,766

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastoney View Post
Sausage, cheesecake, beer, and gas....what's not to love!!!
That's exactly how I feel about the Biergarten!!
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #486
CarolynK
DIS Veteran
 
CarolynK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Highland Park, IL
Posts: 837

Biergarten is a fun place to go with a large group! Did you find the beer selection to be a little sparse, though?? I remember the last time we were there (~3 years ago), they had the same choices that the other Germany pavilion places did I'm pretty sure they used to have a better selection....
__________________
Me DH DD (18) DS (17) Sheldon Howard

Upcoming: 12/21/14-12/27/14 WDW**April 2-6 WDW
CarolynK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #487
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,766

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
Biergarten is a fun place to go with a large group! Did you find the beer selection to be a little sparse, though?? I remember the last time we were there (~3 years ago), they had the same choices that the other Germany pavilion places did I'm pretty sure they used to have a better selection....
In all of the years I've been there, they typically only have 3 beers on tap if I'm not mistaken. I don't remember them having more, but I think it's very likely that they may have reduced the number based on many changes they've made to menus in WDW.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #489
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.
 
courtneybelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 807

I am jealous. I never see cute male CMs in Germany!

#drunkyeti

Joaquin is amazing.

The meat on the top right of the plate looks delicious! And I LOVE cheesecake.

DYING at Joaquin's version of Thrift Shop. I actually just wrapped up a dance show where I danced to Thrift Shop, and I'm glad I didn't read this before that as I'd totally be singing it his way.

TINY DUFFY! Hopefully he consumes less alcohol than Yeti otherwise things could get expensive and messy.

Can't wait to see your ears!
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #490
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,766

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Do I detect some "Glow With the Show" action coming on?? All caught up. I hope the yeti didn't have a headache like Jason did. Too much beer can do that to a person ..... not that I would know
Sadly, no glow with the show ears. They hadn't released them yet at that point in WDW. Just some fancy dancy ears is all.

I may be well versed in the too much beer = headache equation......

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
I am jealous. I never see cute male CMs in Germany!

#drunkyeti
That's just a sad state of affairs! Keep an eye out next time you're there. Although the most beautiful WS CM I've ever seen was in Italy in the wine shop. I couldn't speak he was so hot.

I totally have to start using that hashtag on Instagram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
Joaquin is amazing.

The meat on the top right of the plate looks delicious! And I LOVE cheesecake.
That meat was really good! Everything there is really good though. I've never been disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
DYING at Joaquin's version of Thrift Shop. I actually just wrapped up a dance show where I danced to Thrift Shop, and I'm glad I didn't read this before that as I'd totally be singing it his way.

TINY DUFFY! Hopefully he consumes less alcohol than Yeti otherwise things could get expensive and messy.

Can't wait to see your ears!
That child is definitely entertaining. There is certainly never a dull moment when he's around. The problem with his version of Thrift Shop is that every time you hear the normal song, you think of his!

Duffy is definitely not a lush like Yeti. We're alllll good. I can only afford one lush in my house.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #491
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,195

I really, really want to vacation with your family.

Joaquin is absolutely a hoot, and it really looks like Gavin is going to punch him near the dance floor.

Unfortunately, we had a very bad meal at Biergarten two years ago. Someday I am sure we will return, but for now there are too many great places we enjoy.

The picture of your dad with the boys is priceless.

I think you definitely made the right choice in NOT getting THE claw.
__________________
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #492
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 5,337

YAY for a Biergarten update!! I’m hoping to get to eating there sometime in the near future!! Do they have any options that would be suitable for a vegetarian? Hmm...I’ll read on! Mmm beer! Good choice on not being a kid then lol! DRUNK LITTLE CUCUMBER! OH MY GAWD! WE BOTH HAVE YETI’’S!! OUR YETI’S CAN GET DRUNK AND COME ON ADVENTURES IN NOVEMBER #excitedmuch….

Looks like a great meal!! Definitely something I will be checking out next year!! Ahahahahaha THAT SONG! Baha, perfect moment, Disney sure is filled with awesome quotes and stories with the littles!

THAT PICTURE with the troll is priceless and fantastic!

Sounds like a pretty awesome evening at Epcot! Excited to read more!!
__________________
In Progress Trip ReportsDec 2013//
May 2014 (24 hr day)

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #493
Simba22
DIS Veteran
 
Simba22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Construction State (aka Connecticut)
Posts: 4,686

this update had me laughing so hard! my DF was highly impressed at Joaquin's improv skills. And now I have "Thriftshop" stuck in my head!

I really wish I liked beer! I'm always so jealous of people who have beers in Germany and I'm never one of them because I just don't like the taste! I try! But it doesn't work out for me!

OMG the mannequin dream story is soooo funny! That poor kid!

I think Biergarten is one of those places that's better with a large group. When we went it was just the two of us, the band did not come out, the family we sat with weren't very nice....overall it was kinda boring. But yeah, the Bavarian cheesecake?! THE best!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #494
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,766

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I really, really want to vacation with your family.

Joaquin is absolutely a hoot, and it really looks like Gavin is going to punch him near the dance floor.

Unfortunately, we had a very bad meal at Biergarten two years ago. Someday I am sure we will return, but for now there are too many great places we enjoy.

The picture of your dad with the boys is priceless.

I think you definitely made the right choice in NOT getting THE claw.
Well Ms. Kathy, you are welcome to vacation with us anytime! The next time all of us will be down there will likely be for the Princess 1/2 in February of 2015.

I think Gavin was legitimately going to punch Joaquin in the face. He looked so menacing!

There are a few restaurants that I go to rarely also due to previous bad experiences. I completely understand.

We would have regretted that claw the second it got back to the villa, I guarantee it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
YAY for a Biergarten update!! I’m hoping to get to eating there sometime in the near future!! Do they have any options that would be suitable for a vegetarian? Hmm...I’ll read on! Mmm beer! Good choice on not being a kid then lol! DRUNK LITTLE CUCUMBER! OH MY GAWD! WE BOTH HAVE YETI’’S!! OUR YETI’S CAN GET DRUNK AND COME ON ADVENTURES IN NOVEMBER #excitedmuch….

Looks like a great meal!! Definitely something I will be checking out next year!! Ahahahahaha THAT SONG! Baha, perfect moment, Disney sure is filled with awesome quotes and stories with the littles!

THAT PICTURE with the troll is priceless and fantastic!

Sounds like a pretty awesome evening at Epcot! Excited to read more!!
They have a decent amount of options that a vegetarian could eat. It's a pretty broad buffet.

I know! Yeti will certainly be going along in November, because Yeti + F&W = insane crazy good time. And dual Yeti's? That's just going to be too much to handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
this update had me laughing so hard! my DF was highly impressed at Joaquin's improv skills. And now I have "Thriftshop" stuck in my head!

I really wish I liked beer! I'm always so jealous of people who have beers in Germany and I'm never one of them because I just don't like the taste! I try! But it doesn't work out for me!

OMG the mannequin dream story is soooo funny! That poor kid!

I think Biergarten is one of those places that's better with a large group. When we went it was just the two of us, the band did not come out, the family we sat with weren't very nice....overall it was kinda boring. But yeah, the Bavarian cheesecake?! THE best!
Joaquin has an interesting amount of improv skills. Sometimes he's right on, and then other times we just look at him while crickets sound.

I used to not like beer when I was first legally able to drink, but it grew on me over time. It's not for everyone though, I totally understand people that don't like it. I will say though that there are a broad amount out there. People tell me I'm crazy, but Guinness is the best. It's not super hoppy tasting, it's smooth as silk, and it has chocolate undertones. Has always been and will always be my favorite.

We normally have a large group, so it's fun. However, the few times I've been there when it's just me and another person, we've had decent table mates, so it makes a difference. If you have crappy table mates, it will ruin the dinner I think. Some people just don't have fun bones in them!
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #495
Simba22
DIS Veteran
 
Simba22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Construction State (aka Connecticut)
Posts: 4,686

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post


Joaquin has an interesting amount of improv skills. Sometimes he's right on, and then other times we just look at him while crickets sound.

I used to not like beer when I was first legally able to drink, but it grew on me over time. It's not for everyone though, I totally understand people that don't like it. I will say though that there are a broad amount out there. People tell me I'm crazy, but Guinness is the best. It's not super hoppy tasting, it's smooth as silk, and it has chocolate undertones. Has always been and will always be my favorite.

We normally have a large group, so it's fun. However, the few times I've been there when it's just me and another person, we've had decent table mates, so it makes a difference. If you have crappy table mates, it will ruin the dinner I think. Some people just don't have fun bones in them!
When someone makes a lame joke or I just blatantly haveno idea what they're talking about, I will actually say "cricket....cricket..." while staring at them, blankly.

My brother loves Guinness.... Maybe I should try it...
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: