Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #466
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Wow there were some seriously bad golfers playing, maybe they need to check handicaps before they're allowed out or at least put some nets up to stop the balls going near the villas!!!

We had to do a quick pack up on a holiday to Turkey and it's amazing how quick it can be done, it's not pretty and packed nicely but does the job
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #467
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by precious pixie View Post
AHHHHHH the golfballs! That is so crazy how it went through that special window, not to mention the attack earlier in your trip.

It's really unfortunate that they couldn't just get you over to AKL sooner. A downside to traveling at peak times. At least they sent over a van to get you to Epcot in time.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Biergarten! It is just soo much fun and the buffet is actually good! And of course the BEER!
I know! That window is double paned for a reason and still it went through. Just crazy.

It was sad, but at the same time we were really enjoying our time at the Treehouse Villas, so in retrospect it ended up working out that we stayed.

Biergarten is one of my absolute favorites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Wow there were some seriously bad golfers playing, maybe they need to check handicaps before they're allowed out or at least put some nets up to stop the balls going near the villas!!!

We had to do a quick pack up on a holiday to Turkey and it's amazing how quick it can be done, it's not pretty and packed nicely but does the job
I know, right! They do need to have some kind of prerequisite for people to be able to golf Disney.

It was amazing how fast we did it all.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #468
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

What the Heck is Going On in This Picture?! - Part 4

Dear DIS friends.

It is time for another installment of What the Heck is Going On in This Picture?!

In our upcoming update, we will come across this.....

What's going on?
Old 11-13-2013, 07:22 AM   #469
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Dear DIS friends.

It is time for another installment of What the Heck is Going On in This Picture?!

In our upcoming update, we will come across this.....

What's going on?
I KNOW, I KNOW......
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #470
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Well clearly this is an exorcism of some sort...
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #471
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sorry, Danielle; we went away for the weekend to see the kids and I've been super busy at work. So slowly working my way through all my threads.

That pulled pork at Leaning Palms looks really good. On our girls trip in June we are doing a waterpark...I'll have to keep that in mind.

Wow is all I can say on the golf ball, the window, the floor and having to move. Glad to see they took good care of you getting you to Epcot.

I love the photopass pictures. Joaquin just cracks me up.

I love that picture of the boys with their grandpa; it brings back memories of my dad and the boys.

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #472
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
I KNOW, I KNOW......
Shhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Well clearly this is an exorcism of some sort...
That's a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sorry, Danielle; we went away for the weekend to see the kids and I've been super busy at work. So slowly working my way through all my threads.
No apologies needed my friend.

Quote:
That pulled pork at Leaning Palms looks really good. On our girls trip in June we are doing a waterpark...I'll have to keep that in mind.
It's really yummy, I definitely recommend it. The barbecue sauce they use is nice and sweet.

Quote:
Wow is all I can say on the golf ball, the window, the floor and having to move. Glad to see they took good care of you getting you to Epcot.

I love the photopass pictures. Joaquin just cracks me up.

I love that picture of the boys with their grandpa; it brings back memories of my dad and the boys.
Oof, it was such a crazy afternoon!

Joaquin is definitely a ham and a half. The picture of them together was so great, and I was lined up perfectly behind them, so I had to take the picture.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #473
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Okay, so I am now caught up on two of your TRs!!

First Joaquin is definitely part of your family! All of those pics had me cracking up!!

I love Typhoon Lagoon so much and that wave pool is awesome!! Plus we really love the lazy river...add a swim-up bar and oh my!!

There was so much since I was so far behind! But I can't get over the golf balls! That is like a lawsuit waiting to happen! But at least they were accommodating with the bell boy and personal van! You guys were like royalty!!
TinksThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #474
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Okay, so I am now caught up on two of your TRs!!

First Joaquin is definitely part of your family! All of those pics had me cracking up!!

I love Typhoon Lagoon so much and that wave pool is awesome!! Plus we really love the lazy river...add a swim-up bar and oh my!!

There was so much since I was so far behind! But I can't get over the golf balls! That is like a lawsuit waiting to happen! But at least they were accommodating with the bell boy and personal van! You guys were like royalty!!
Yay to getting caught up!

Joaquin most definitely is a member of our family. There is certainly no doubting the genetics there.

The golf balls were pretty crazy. I can say that it certainly added color to our trip. We did feel like royalty when we were driven to Epcot, it was so awesome!
Old 11-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #475
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm Gonna Pass Some Gaaasssssss!!!!!

We were all very excited for our dinner at the Biergarten. It's a favorite of all of ours, but especially for the beer. Ahhhh, the beer.

We checked in at the podium and were talking with a very pleasant (and cute, no surprise) CM from Germany. He asked us if all 7 were there, and we said yes.

CM: 7 children? (teasing)

Me: Sure! That means it's cheaper!

Mom: And it's not like we act like adults anyway.

CM: Okay then! 7 children. But remember, if you're all children, you can't have beer.......

Me: ...........then I am certainly not a child. I want beer.

CM: Good choice.

And cute boy CM winked at me. *sigh*

He handed the boys Mickey stickers to mess around with while we waited. And of course, Joaquin had to go and do this.

In theory, we would have loved that to keep him quiet for the entire dinner. But then, he wouldn't be able to eat any dinner, and that would be mean on our part. Can't be mean to the littles. So we took it off when we went inside.

Joaquin also figured that Yeti might enjoy the sticker instead of him.

We were brought to our table, and quickly we ordered our beers. Duh. That's like, first order of business. I was nice and I allowed Yeti to have one too. We know how this is going to go though. Dang lush.

Jeni was living it up! With her water!

Joaquin was....acting like himself of course. Do you expect any less from him now?

I didn't put Mom and Dad's anniversary on the reservation, but it appears that the CM at the check in took some matters into his own hands. When we were waiting to go in to the restaurant, he had asked Mom and Dad how many years they had been married, and Mom told him 42 years.

Fast forward to us sitting at the table when the band came out. And they announced that Rick and Jackie were celebrating 42 years of marriage. Mom got embarrassed, which she always does, but it was really cool, and everyone in the restaurant cheered wholeheartedly.

Thank you cute CM from Germany. You made our night.

Gavin and I attempted to take a blurry selfie.

So then Joaquin volunteered to take our picture after that. I told him "sure, no problem!"

Still blurry. 5 year olds taking pictures, you know?

The anniversary celebrators. And of course, Pop being Pop.

In case anyone was curious, here is my yummy food.

The Biergarten gets a lot of mixed reviews on the DIS, but I have to honestly say that we've never had a bad experience there. The food has always been hot and fresh, very tasty, and the CM's are always excellent. Plus, we love the environment with the show, so it's a win-win for us. Oh, and if you're curious, they have my absolute favorite cheesecake on property. It's a Bavarian style cheesecake and it's insane. The other desserts are meh, but this one is ridiculous. I highly recommend it. It's in the back on the right in this picture. In retrospect, I totally should have just loaded my dessert plate with that.

Everyone was invited to dance on the floor, and we tried to convince the boys to go out there. Joaquin was game, but Gavin was very embarrassed, as demonstrated by this picture.

We were toasting (those who have been to the Biergarten know what this means.....hoy hoy hoy!!!!), and Dad was very disappointed that there didn't appear to be any wine left in his glass.

Aaaaannnnndddd Joaquin was still attempting to drag Gavin on the floor. You can see in this picture that I think Gavin was literally going to pop Joaquin in the face.

And Yet? Well..............

I don't have anything else to say about that.

Bellies full after having tons of fun, we decided to make our way into World Showcase for a little while.

On the way, Joaquin regaled us with this:

"I'm gonna pass some gggaaaaasssssss!!!!!"

So we all looked at him, and he said, "no wait! Listen!"

I present to you, Joaquin's version of Thrift Shop.

"I'm gonna pass some gas, only got two dollars for the bathroom.
Uh oh I'm going, looking for a toilet.
This is super awesome......"

I am absolutely not exaggerating folks. Our five year old absolutely made that up. And of course, being the grown ups that we were, we ended up singing this for the entire trip.

Where were we heading during this impromptu Joaquin concert?

THE BEST RIDE IN EPCOT CENTER, DUH!!!!

While we wait in line of course, we act silly.

And then act like zombies.

Soon enough, we were on the ride, doing what?

Yup, you know me by now. Taking blurry selfies!

We did survive the trip down the falls, don't worry. And ended up in one of the best stores in WS. Because we get to do this.

You guys remember this picture?

Yeah, this happened because of what happens when you allow us to wander around a store with toys in it. Seriously.

No Jason's were harmed during the making of this Trip Report.

After this, Jason actually told us that he had a huge headache, and that he wanted to go back to the room. He was willing to go back on his own, but we all commented that it was fine with us. After such a crazy afternoon, we were fine with taking it slow back to the resort.

Oh, but not before stopping at Mouse Gears of course. Because...

1) I need some ears (you'll see them in my next update).
2) I need a vinylmation (yes need!).
3) I wanted to get something for the boys.

We took a bit of time in the store, because we have two things going on here with the boys.

Gavin pretty much knows what he wants right away. He wanted a tiny Duffy like my Yeti, so he could have pictures taken. He also will begging appearing in upcoming updates.

Joaquin is a little bit more difficult. He wanted a claw (as in like THE claw), and we were like "no...."

It's one of those toys you know you would regret buying, right? He would totally carry it around everywhere and claw every one every opportunity he could. I could just imagine it now. And let's just say I did decided to buy it for him? Methinks Jeni would be aiming this at me....

Finally, Joaquin decided on a Toy Story toy pack that had Lotso. Good choice kiddo.

After we headed out, we came across a manhole.

Joaquin: What's that?

Jeni: It's a manhole.

Joaquin: What is it for?

Jeni: It's where mannequins go to die.

Joaquin:

To shed some light, Joaquin is terrified of mannequins. They are his nightmare. So much so, that he does have nightmares about them. Like this one....

Joaquin: Mommy, I have to tell you about my dream last night. I was home and Daddy was in the shower. And there was a knock at the door. I went to the door, and there were FIVE MANNEQUINS OUTSIDE! I went to the bathroom and knocked on the door so Daddy would come out, but he didn't hear me. So I went back to the door and THE MANNEQUINS CAME INSIDE! I ran to the bathroom and knocked again, but Daddy still didn't hear me. So I opened the door and BAM!!!!!!

DADDY WAS A MANNEQUIN!!!!!

Hahahahahahaha!

Needless to say, we love messing with the kids. No worries, he got over it pretty quickly.

We made it to the front by Spaceship Earth, and Joaquin coined the phrase "leprechaun lights".

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the lights that are in the ground around Spaceship Earth shall heretofore be referred to as "leprechaun lights".

"Oooohhh, look at the leprechaun lights!"

We took the bus back, because remember, we had a private ride to Epcot this time. It was good though, because we had to switch to a THV bus at Saratoga, so it gave us the opportunity to stop at the Saratoga and pick some some items (milk, etc.) Then it was off to bed for us. Because we had a Magic Kingdom day on the horizon!

Up next: My new ears!!!!
Old 11-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #476
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

That was some seriously awesome poetry by young Joaquin! You should have used that for a toast!

And I had no idea the Yeti was such a lush. I brought home two of those for my kids from the solo trip. I'm going to have keep my eye on them and the liquor cabinet.

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #477
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
That was some seriously awesome poetry by young Joaquin! You should have used that for a toast!

And I had no idea the Yeti was such a lush. I brought home two of those for my kids from the solo trip. I'm going to have keep my eye on them and the liquor cabinet.
I think he has a potential career of being a rapper. We definitely should have used that as a toast!

Oh, Yeti is a horrible lush. He's had many lush adventures in WDW already! His most famous was my January 2012 trip.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #478
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I think he has a potential career of being a rapper. We definitely should have used that as a toast!

Oh, Yeti is a horrible lush. He's had many lush adventures in WDW already! His most famous was my January 2012 trip.
Hmmmm. My curiosity had me clicking on your Jan'12 TR link.

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #479
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

OMG, that picture of Joaquin with the sticker AND the shades pulled up AND the look on his face. That's a Kodak moment!!

Wait, what happened to George???? Oh I see, they decided to use fake names this time. Gotcha!

That was VERY cool to have the band announce them like that.

You know when you were in Biergarten, you should have tried the beer.

Ahh my precious Maelstrom. The wettest ride in all of WDW.

Ohhhhhh, it was a sword!! I could have sworn it was a crucifix.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #480
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

MMM the food at Biergarten for sure is fantastic..... and the beer too
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: