Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #451
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

First off, Joaquin has some awesome expressions! That would be my face too if a bundle of balloons were threatening to take me airborne!

That whole situation with golf balls and the villa is just nuts. I think you should do us a public service announcement and let us know the villa number so that if any of us gets assigned to it in the future we can tell the front desk "Ohhhhh Noooooo. We are NOT stepping foot in that Caddyshack!"

Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #452
RGirl
DIS Veteran

The golf ball situation was INSANE!!! I can't believe they would have a villa located in a location where it would regularly get pelted with golf balls! I would have had a little mini-tantrum about having to move.

LOVE the PP pics! Joaquin is just awesome. Love the faces he makes! Do you think, just perhaps, it's geneticÖÖ
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #453
courtneybelle
DIS Veteran

Oh nooooo! Not another golf ball! That's really unfortunate that you had to move and then move again. Great service on Disney's part to send people to help you, though!

Joaquin is making me laugh out loud right now. Like actually out loud. I'm concerned my roommates are going to ask me what's so funny.
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #454
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

A golf ball really?!?!?!?! Yes glad you were not in the tree house and not sleeping or on that couch.

So he tells you the window is already double paned, and it is special order and yet they don't have a spare one????? Guessing it was also broken during the previous guests visit too.

Either that a lot of bad golf or that THV is in a really bad spot and the person designing it doesn't play golf or they would have realized.

Hate that an errant golfer was the cause for you to move but glad Disney stepped up and made a bit easier for the dining scramble.

Joaquin .... there are no words .... Built in entertainment... There I found some.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #455
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I am crying I am laughing so hard!! Not at the golf ball incidents, or the packing up at the speed of light to move.....but THAT FACE!!!! He's too cute, I honestly don't know how you stand it!!!! Great update and oh btw....you look amazing in these pics!!!
Joaquin always adds some levity into the situation. You can certainly count on his face to keep you entertained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Haha, cuye Turkey sandwich. Fish are friends not, um... bread.

OMG!!!! Seriously??!! A golf ball??!! I can't even grasp this in my feeble little mind. This is CRAZY!! I'm sure glad they tried to be helpful.

On a completely unrelated note, WOW the golfers there suck!!!!

OK that is SUPER SWEET of pop to give the guy a tip under the circumstances.

Awwwwww I can see why you liked that picture so much. That is simply precious.

Hahaha I think Popadon is channelling Barbara Eden in the China photo!!
I know, right? Fish bread, it cracked me up. I think I've seen it at the grocery store before.

Yup. A golf ball. That whole villa was just cursed.

At first I didn't want to tip the guy, but my Dad made a good point. He had nothing to do with the problem and my Dad felt horrible that he would have had to do all that work for no recognition.

I know, he is channeling some Jeannie in that picture. So awkward, yet so funny.
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #456
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
First off, Joaquin has some awesome expressions! That would be my face too if a bundle of balloons were threatening to take me airborne!

That whole situation with golf balls and the villa is just nuts. I think you should do us a public service announcement and let us know the villa number so that if any of us gets assigned to it in the future we can tell the front desk "Ohhhhh Noooooo. We are NOT stepping foot in that Caddyshack!"
PSA.......it was villa number 7043.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
The golf ball situation was INSANE!!! I can't believe they would have a villa located in a location where it would regularly get pelted with golf balls! I would have had a little mini-tantrum about having to move.

LOVE the PP pics! Joaquin is just awesome. Love the faces he makes! Do you think, just perhaps, it's geneticÖÖ
The thing abut the situation is that it wasn't that amazingly close to the course. Like, it was there, but it wasn't right on top of it. They were some horrible golfers!

Genetic? Absolutely not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
Oh nooooo! Not another golf ball! That's really unfortunate that you had to move and then move again. Great service on Disney's part to send people to help you, though!

Joaquin is making me laugh out loud right now. Like actually out loud. I'm concerned my roommates are going to ask me what's so funny.
I know, another golf ball. Thankfully, that was our last golf ball incident of the trip.

Laughing out loud is absolutely acceptable. Just tell your roommates that it's Disney related, so it's okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
A golf ball really?!?!?!?! Yes glad you were not in the tree house and not sleeping or on that couch.

So he tells you the window is already double paned, and it is special order and yet they don't have a spare one????? Guessing it was also broken during the previous guests visit too.

Either that a lot of bad golf or that THV is in a really bad spot and the person designing it doesn't play golf or they would have realized.

Hate that an errant golfer was the cause for you to move but glad Disney stepped up and made a bit easier for the dining scramble.

Joaquin .... there are no words .... Built in entertainment... There I found some.
I was grateful that we weren't at the villa too! I literally stood there for a few minutes wondering if that really just happened.

I thought the same thing! You don't keep any of that additional glass on hand in case a situation like this happens? Insane.

As a relative to golfers, I just don't understand how they were so horrible at golfing. Really. Like, you want to pay that kind of money to golf Disney, and you can't golf to save your life?

He is built in entertainment. It's part of the reason we keep him around.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #457
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I just can't believe that in the WHOLE of AKL there wasn't ONE PLACE they could put you that you could stay through the trip. Seriously? That just doesn't seem correct to me. I guess it IS in July, but WOW to fill up that big resort??

I am so glad the golf ball incident didn't happen while you were in the room. What kind of terrible golfers are on that course to just completely miss the green AND the rough and hit a Villa??
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #458
CarolynK
DIS Veteran

Ooohhh, moving hotels stinks!! Considering the amount of flying golf ball incidents during your trip alone (so it probably happens a lot!) - I can't believe that they don't have windows ready on standby!?

Nice family pictures; I like how you snuck Yeti into the silly shot....

Upcoming: 6/10/14-6/25/14 WDW and Vero~~12/20/14-12/27/14 WDW
CarolynK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #459
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
[B][FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]

[/URL]

Yes ladies and gentlemen. A golf ball had come through out window while we were out and had broken the glass.

you can see the Duct tape on the window. It was there when we checked into the Villa. We had noticed that the outside glass on the window had been broken before.... We figured the glass was on order and would probably be replaced at some point. Never thinking another golf ball would hit the same window and go right through. The engineer told us that it was unbelievable that it would hit the same window. He did tell us that several of the Villas get hit by golf balls all the time..... unbelievable for sure
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 GF

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #460
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh! There's some seriously challenged golfers out on that course!! Especially if two more golf balls hit the villa while maintenance was there. Design flaws I say.

That was great of Disney to offer villa to park entrance transportation. And that bell service dude, I'm sure he did get his work out.

Those faces!! Oh my gosh!! Joaquin is so amusing. So much cute in that little boy.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #461
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
I just can't believe that in the WHOLE of AKL there wasn't ONE PLACE they could put you that you could stay through the trip. Seriously? That just doesn't seem correct to me. I guess it IS in July, but WOW to fill up that big resort??

I am so glad the golf ball incident didn't happen while you were in the room. What kind of terrible golfers are on that course to just completely miss the green AND the rough and hit a Villa??
Oh believe me, the AKL lodging situation just gets better once we move there.

That's what I said! What kind of golfing have you done in the past that you can't seem to keep it anywhere near the green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
Ooohhh, moving hotels stinks!! Considering the amount of flying golf ball incidents during your trip alone (so it probably happens a lot!) - I can't believe that they don't have windows ready on standby!?

Nice family pictures; I like how you snuck Yeti into the silly shot....
We had already planned the split stay, and this one was just more frustrating because we were going to be moving one more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
you can see the Duct tape on the window. It was there when we checked into the Villa. We had noticed that the outside glass on the window had been broken before.... We figured the glass was on order and would probably be replaced at some point. Never thinking another golf ball would hit the same window and go right through. The engineer told us that it was unbelievable that it would hit the same window. He did tell us that several of the Villas get hit by golf balls all the time..... unbelievable for sure
I did forget to mention that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Oh my gosh! There's some seriously challenged golfers out on that course!! Especially if two more golf balls hit the villa while maintenance was there. Design flaws I say.

That was great of Disney to offer villa to park entrance transportation. And that bell service dude, I'm sure he did get his work out.

Those faces!! Oh my gosh!! Joaquin is so amusing. So much cute in that little boy.
I know! They certainly could hit the broad side of a barn, if said barn was a villa!

He did get his workout, I felt so bad. And I was so frustrated at that point I may have been acting kind of rude.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #462
katt789
DIS Veteran

I think I missed an update!! Or a few updates! Lol. Iím interested to read about the water parks, as I have never gone. Love the wave pool updates! Do they allow tubes in the wave pool? We have a waterpark in the mall in my hometown, and the tubes are the WORST part of the wavepool, you get pelted in the face with one of those AND an obnoxious 13 year old, not too fun lol! Looks like you guys had a blast though!

Yet again, you look absolutely amazing! Congratulations on your journey so far and I wish you the best of pixie dust in the journey to come!! It can be a tough one, but boy is it rewarding! You rock this! Iím kinda interested in the marathon, but I honestly donít know if I could do it, running outside is so much harder for me, and I canít exactly train outside from Oct to like, April, bahaha! Stupid Canada weather! However! I am very intrigued in the Expedition Everest challenge?

Ahahaha, sounds like quite an adventure on the lazy river and the slides!!

THAT TURKEY SANDWICH IS THE CUTEST!!! I WANT ONE!

Oh my GOD!! THAT VILLA IS DANGEROUS!! Seriously. Thatís insane! And boo to having to move twice, eck. Wow that is a lot of bags! Glad you guys got a shuttle, that is awesome! Love the photopass pictures, theyíre great. And the photo of the hand holding, so cute! I love those moments you capture in Disney! Ahahaha those pictures are amazing! So excited to read about Biergarten!

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #464
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
I think I missed an update!! Or a few updates! Lol. Iím interested to read about the water parks, as I have never gone. Love the wave pool updates! Do they allow tubes in the wave pool? We have a waterpark in the mall in my hometown, and the tubes are the WORST part of the wavepool, you get pelted in the face with one of those AND an obnoxious 13 year old, not too fun lol! Looks like you guys had a blast though!

Yet again, you look absolutely amazing! Congratulations on your journey so far and I wish you the best of pixie dust in the journey to come!! It can be a tough one, but boy is it rewarding! You rock this! Iím kinda interested in the marathon, but I honestly donít know if I could do it, running outside is so much harder for me, and I canít exactly train outside from Oct to like, April, bahaha! Stupid Canada weather! However! I am very intrigued in the Expedition Everest challenge?

Ahahaha, sounds like quite an adventure on the lazy river and the slides!!

THAT TURKEY SANDWICH IS THE CUTEST!!! I WANT ONE!

Oh my GOD!! THAT VILLA IS DANGEROUS!! Seriously. Thatís insane! And boo to having to move twice, eck. Wow that is a lot of bags! Glad you guys got a shuttle, that is awesome! Love the photopass pictures, theyíre great. And the photo of the hand holding, so cute! I love those moments you capture in Disney! Ahahaha those pictures are amazing! So excited to read about Biergarten!

I see your lovely ticker my dear. So you did buckle and book that trip huh? I'm jellie.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I have seen you at a water park on any of your TR's. You definitely need to go to one sometime. It's a good way to break up a Disney trip with new Disney things!

I've wanted to do the EE challenge too! The problem is the timing of the race is bad with my job. I can't take off certain times of each month, and that one seems to fall during that time, which is a huge bummer!!!

The bag situation was made worse by the whole grocery thing, and the fact that we only had a short period of time to pack. We didn't pack as tightly as we normally would have. It certainly was a bizarre situation though, and not something that I would like to repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
All caught up !! Wow about the golf ball incident and that a couple more hit the villa while the maintenance person was there.

And still ..... I love the funny faces ... as always !!

Susan
I know, it was crazy! It just added to it when the golf balls hit the villa more when the maintenance guy was there.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #465
precious pixie
DIS Veteran

AHHHHHH the golfballs! That is so crazy how it went through that special window, not to mention the attack earlier in your trip.

It's really unfortunate that they couldn't just get you over to AKL sooner. A downside to traveling at peak times. At least they sent over a van to get you to Epcot in time.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Biergarten! It is just soo much fun and the buffet is actually good! And of course the BEER!

I have a crush on a mouse
precious pixie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: