Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 05:55 AM   #271
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Hahaha too funny to take the kids on Dinosaur without warning! Honestly though, what's a warning going to do? Make them disproportionally afraid and work it up in their minds probably. LOVE the ride photo!
Lunch looks good! I totally understand limiting the kids' sugar and therefore not having cookies at lunch. If you get one sugar fix per day, don't waste it on those things!
Uh oh... littlies crying? Not good foreshadowing there!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #272
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Hahaha too funny to take the kids on Dinosaur without warning! Honestly though, what's a warning going to do? Make them disproportionally afraid and work it up in their minds probably. LOVE the ride photo!
Lunch looks good! I totally understand limiting the kids' sugar and therefore not having cookies at lunch. If you get one sugar fix per day, don't waste it on those things!
Uh oh... littlies crying? Not good foreshadowing there!
Exactly! A warning does nothing for kids except make them freak out more. So we always go with the no warning route. If they get mildly damaged....meh....what can you do.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #273
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

What the Heck Is Going On in This Picture?! - Part 2

Hi everyone!

We are back with another episode of "What the Heck Is Going On in This Picture?!"

First though, I want to share some news with you. It's some exciting stuff!

Next year will be jam packed for me. Why do you ask? Well, on top of moving, studying for the CPA exam, and life in general, I have three Disney trips on the docket. And I couldn't be happier! I wanted to share with everyone. And if DISmeets happen out of them, well, thats just exciting. MEK, you know I'm talking to you!

Trip 1 -

January 18 to 25

This was a pretty last minute decision for us. This is going to be just my parents and I. So we'll get A LOT more of this.

This will be a trip of new things. My parents first visit to the Dark Side (I have to, I'm sorry!), and we're sticking with table service that at least one of us haven't done before.

Trip 2 -

May 17 to 25

This is a combination of getting the last weekend of Flower and Garden, and just being able to enjoy the nice weather. My BFF Farrell is coming on this trip, and her hubbers is likely coming as well. And my parents. So we'll get more of this.

And with Farrell along.....well......it can get exciting.....

Trip 3 -

Nov 8 to 15

I'm guessing this will be the last weekend of food and wine. I wanted to go for a full week of food and wine, but no. I am now in charge of budgeting at my job, and October is entirely budgeting. Boo I tell you. So, last weekend it is!

This will be a trip with some friends of my parents and I, so the three of them, myself, and my Mom and Dad. So again, you'll get more of this.

I'm super excited! I can't wait, it's going to be an amazing year if everything works itself out. I'm not going to do a traditional PTR for any of them, but I may just tell you a few things here and there along the way.

So, without further ado, here is our update of "What the Heck Is Going On In This Picture?!"

Anyone care to harbor a guess what Joaquin is thinking about?

See you in my next update!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #274
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm going to miss you by about three days in May.

I am guessing that he is smiling over the gas he just passed
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #275
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm going to miss you by about three days in May.

I am guessing that he is smiling over the gas he just passed
Awwww, three days?! That's such a bummer!

With Joaquin, that is entirely a possibility.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #276
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

HAHAHA I can't wait to see what the guesses will be.
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #277
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

OMG, so many trips coming up! Flower and Garden and Food and Wine, so awesome.

I'm an accountant too, but apparently much more fiscally responsible than you Good luck with studying

Joaquin's face is amazing here... I'm going to say he's thinking about that foot-across Mickey rice krispie treat, or some sort of other treat!
Old 10-02-2013, 11:34 PM   #278
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
And if DISmeets happen out of them, well, thats just exciting. MEK, you know I'm talking to you!
Woo Hoo! DIS meet! I'll be leaving sometime on the 18th so pencil something in for your arrival day. We definitely need to meet!

Quote:
Anyone care to harbor a guess what Joaquin is thinking about?
How he is going to get a second Darth Vader cupcake from Starring Rolls.

You've got some great trips planned and everything is so nicely spaced. I love that. And yay for an impromptu January trip. That sounds like a ton of fun!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #279
CarolynK
DIS Veteran

Someone just asked him if he wants a Mickey ice cream bar??

Upcoming: 12/21/14-12/28/14 WDW**2/27/15-3/3/15 WDW
CarolynK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:09 AM   #280
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

With 3 trips it sounds like 2014 will be a great year for you

Yesterday after they announced the dates for Flower and Garden we picked the same week in May, in hopes of catching both that and Star Wars Weekends
Old 10-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #281
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Awesome trips you have lined up! We'll miss you by a week in May.

I can only assume Joaquin is going over the mental checklist for his world domination scheme.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #282
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Wow all of your upcoming trips sound amazing!! May and November are my 2 favorite times to go! And I've always wanted to try January, it seems like a nice uncrowded time to go!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #283
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

YAY for mega trips!!!!

Quote:

So, without further ado, here is our update of "What the Heck Is Going On In This Picture?!"

Hmmm, I'm thinking Joaquin just got the offer of a lifetime to sell "Tee Tee".
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #284
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
HAHAHA I can't wait to see what the guesses will be.
They're pretty good, I have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
OMG, so many trips coming up! Flower and Garden and Food and Wine, so awesome.

I'm an accountant too, but apparently much more fiscally responsible than you Good luck with studying

Joaquin's face is amazing here... I'm going to say he's thinking about that foot-across Mickey rice krispie treat, or some sort of other treat!
Hahaha. I'm actually pretty fiscally responsible normally. And for us, we are already AP holders (deeply discounted last year due to DVC) and DVC members, so if we play our cards right, trips aren't really that bad for us. All I have to come up with is the ability to eat and to get down there successfully. And in January, we're actually driving, and my Dad has a Volkswagon Diesel, so we're only going to end up spending $250 round trip for gas. Split between the three of us. How can you pass that up!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Woo Hoo! DIS meet! I'll be leaving sometime on the 18th so pencil something in for your arrival day. We definitely need to meet!

How he is going to get a second Darth Vader cupcake from Starring Rolls.

You've got some great trips planned and everything is so nicely spaced. I love that. And yay for an impromptu January trip. That sounds like a ton of fun!
Oh, we will definitely see each other on our arrival day! We're trying to actually fly down on the 16th after work, so we'll would be there for a full day on the 17th. I'm so excited!

Ohhhh, second Darth Vader cupcake. My face would look like that too!

January just kind of happened. I was crunching numbers, we talked about doing it as inexpensive as we could, and I couldn't resist the price honestly.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #285
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
Someone just asked him if he wants a Mickey ice cream bar??
He definitely does look like he's going to eat something, doesn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
With 3 trips it sounds like 2014 will be a great year for you

Yesterday after they announced the dates for Flower and Garden we picked the same week in May, in hopes of catching both that and Star Wars Weekends
So we'll overlap! Maybe we'll cross paths or have the opportunity to meet up. You and Caitlin remind me so much of my Mom and I.

I actually chose that week when I forecasted it based on that exact same reasoning. I wanted F&G and Star Wars weekends. We're sad, aren't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Awesome trips you have lined up! We'll miss you by a week in May.

I can only assume Joaquin is going over the mental checklist for his world domination scheme.
Girl, you and I keep going on this collision course, yet we never collide! We get so close.

Doesn't he already dominate the world though?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: