Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #256
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

I only rode Dinosaur once and kept my eyes closed the whole time...NO shame whatsoever, that's some scary business right there!

I was definitely like Gavin when I was little. I was terrified of Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin at one point...

I think I need to right click and save the "Shut Your Butt" lion good find!

Priceless ride photo. So many great things going on...

I agree that if you're going to only have one treat a day, you have to save it for something better than counter-service cookies! Cupcakes over everything!
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #257
MEK
DIS Veteran

Too funny that Joaquin was the one scared of Dinosaur. In reality, I think he was really just scared of Popadon! He does look pretty darn terrified. Way to work it for the camera Popadon!

I love the veggie sub! So good, but why no sweet potato fries? They are the best. I also think it needs a whole wheat roll. Just saying!

Fun update!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #258
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Haha, yay, a shout out!! Yeti NEEDS to be fixed!

OMG, Gavin sounds EXACTLY like a friend of mine in ride lines. Like IDENTICAL!! It's scary. The difference of course is that he is decidedly NOT a little kid. The other difference is my friend usually bails by the time we reach the front.

AWESOME ride photo. Totally a perfect time to ponder what to do next. And your Pop is just flat out

How great that they sent the tour groups a different way. And totally the right thing to do.

Uh oh... crying...
I had to give you the shout out, because it's so true. That sucker needs to be fixed!

Isn't it funny when adults are like that? It cracks me up. Kids I understand more, but adults it's like "what's wrong with you?!"

We decided we wanted it to be an epic photo. Gotta have it that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Oh my Iíve missed way too many updates, Imma finish before work starts! Yay!

Well, looks like a great morning to go to AK! Love the pink!! What is it? Is it temporary?! So cool!

Bahaha, Imma get so lost driving around Disney for the first like, year, itís gonna be rough! You guys took the littles on Dino?! AHHH I would die, heck I die now and I know whatís coming!! Love the ride picture though!!

Yay!! Shout out for Uncrustables!!!

I definitely agree with the minimal treats, I do it to myself, lol, and would definitely do it to a kid, they donít need all that! Lol.

The pink is temporary. It's Anastasia Beverly Hills hair powder. You'll see the next day it washed right out.

Yup, we totally took the littles on Dinosaur. We really have no shame.

I thought of you with the Uncrustables. I totally should have taken a picture of one.

We agree wholeheartedly that kids don't need all that. It creates too many problems!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Danielle, great update.

I love the ride photo with the boys...very cute (and, of course, grandma is going to offer comfort). You not even looking at the camera but looking over the guide is awesome).

Those tour groups can drive you nuts; glad they had them go one way and you guys another.

I agree on the treats...one special one a day. Unless, of course, it's me then I have to have several.
Of course Ommi would offer comfort. I wouldn't expect any less from her. It was actually a really sweet thing that I had noticed when we got the photos.

I agree on the treats too!

We just wanted the kids to enjoy their treats, and honestly, they don't need that much sugar. But people shouldn't think we deprived them, we didn't.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #260
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

I love that you took those kids on Dinosaur without any warning. That ride is just so good!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #261
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
I totally agree with limiting sweets to children - I include juice in this as well.

I do NOT get all the uncrustables hoopla. I see a LOT of TRs where people are super excited about these. What makes them so great???? I really want to know!

I STILL don't know where that dino is.
We include juice in it as well. The kids stuck with water for all CS meals, and they didn't have a drink until dinner time.

I don't get it either with Uncrustables, but I actually haven't ever eaten one. Can't justify the calorie thing. LOL.

Okay, the dino is in the line at Dinosaur. In the area that most times you don't go. i.e. the queue to the left before you go into the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
My kids are the same. The oldest will ride anything. The youngest will chicken out on you at any moment.

Love your Dinosaur photo !! So funny.

No cookies !?! I'm calling CPS !!!

Oh that last sentence ... littles crying everywhere. Very ominous (womp, womp). Because it is all fun and games until the littles start to cry.
It's hysterical, because personality wise Joaquin is the brave one and Gavin is the chicken, and Joaquin is the younger one.

No CPS!!

It IS all fun and games until the littles start crying, isn't it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklotus View Post
Oh sweet Jesus, I think I love this quote more than anything in the world today. Also, that Dinosaur picture is definitely in the top 2 or 3 of ALL TIME that I've seen! I mean, come on! These kids are learning LIFE LESSONS here!!
I'm glad you like it! I'll tell Jeni that you think it's great, she's the one that came up with it.

See, we teach life lessons on a regular basis. That's how we roll. That's why we just make them do things and don't accept no for an answer.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #262
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
I only rode Dinosaur once and kept my eyes closed the whole time...NO shame whatsoever, that's some scary business right there!

I was definitely like Gavin when I was little. I was terrified of Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin at one point...

I think I need to right click and save the "Shut Your Butt" lion good find!

Priceless ride photo. So many great things going on...

I agree that if you're going to only have one treat a day, you have to save it for something better than counter-service cookies! Cupcakes over everything!
I have to admit that the first time I went on Dinosaur....ahem.....many many moons ago, I was scared too, there is no shame! I'm just a glutton for punishment so I went on over and over again until I didn't close my eyes anymore at any parts.

I'm glad. We tried really hard to give people lots of things to look at in our ride photo that day.

Right?! It's such a waste on CS cookies. It's part of the reason I don't do the Dining Plan anymore. I don't want to have to get dessert at a CS restaurant, I want to make it worth it dang it!!!!! I agree on cupcakes over everything. This trip was about cupcakes. And my trip in January will be about cupcakes too. And my trip in May.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Too funny that Joaquin was the one scared of Dinosaur. In reality, I think he was really just scared of Popadon! He does look pretty darn terrified. Way to work it for the camera Popadon!

I love the veggie sub! So good, but why no sweet potato fries? They are the best. I also think it needs a whole wheat roll. Just saying!

Fun update!
I know! I was so shocked. And boy, let me tell you. He totally remembered it the entire time. So of course, we used it against him. "Oh, we're just going to go on Dinosaur again!" And then he would get all "what?! Really?! NO!"

I agree completely on the veggie sub. I definitely think that it should be on a wheat bun too. Make it healthier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
I love your family's approach to Dinosaur! But Pop in the Dinosaur picture? BEST thing about the entire update!!!
Thanks! We all figured we would be a little nutty, which is not surprising. And, we always take the approach of "just throw the little on the ride, dangit!"

I'll have to let Pop know how famous he's becoming on the DIS. At the rate he's going, he'll be DIS famous before I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
I love that you took those kids on Dinosaur without any warning. That ride is just so good!
It's seriously a great idea for anyone. And if you don't do it at a young age, they'll just be chickens regarding it when they get older. And that's not okay!
Old 09-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #263
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartdduck View Post
"you smell me!?"

haha. I had to because you mentioned it this morning.
yep,yep,yep
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #264
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Well at least the kids didn't cry during the ride photo, haha. They actually don't even look that scared! Did you take them on any of the kiddy dino rides? Or just the scariest adult rides only?

Hmm, that veggie sub looks good! It's no Flame Tree, but also not 100 people in your pants, so yeah. I totally agree about the sweets, if I'm going to do it, I don't want to be disappointed because then it's just a waste of calories!

Heeheehee, shut your butt lion
Old 09-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #265
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

I adore your photo, it's just too funny
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #266
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
yep,yep,yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
Well at least the kids didn't cry during the ride photo, haha. They actually don't even look that scared! Did you take them on any of the kiddy dino rides? Or just the scariest adult rides only?

Hmm, that veggie sub looks good! It's no Flame Tree, but also not 100 people in your pants, so yeah. I totally agree about the sweets, if I'm going to do it, I don't want to be disappointed because then it's just a waste of calories!

Heeheehee, shut your butt lion
Yeah, the only reason they look scared is because we know them so well.

We actually didn't do any of the kiddy dino rides. It was part of the plan. But, well....you'll see in my next update.

Exactly about the calories. I need it to feel like it was worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
I adore your photo, it's just too funny
Thanks!
Old 09-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #267
CarolynK
DIS Veteran

Disney is so good at the build-up in a ride, especially Dinosaur, that it's no wonder your poor nephew got upset...my family rarely rides Dinosaur - despite the fact that it's blissfully air-conditioned - because we're a bunch of scaredy-cats Seriously, we all have done it before but we usually decide to just go straight to the exit store and look at the dinosaur stuff!

Great ride picture!! I'm always closing my eyes

Upcoming: 12/21/14-12/28/14 WDW**2/27/15-3/3/15 WDW
CarolynK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:16 AM   #268
lovelygirl1975
Mouseketeer

Loving you trip report thus far, that pic of your dad with the glow sticks was hilarious. Your family reminds me so much of mine, they would have drug all of us on that ride as children and enjoyed our fear. I am totally planning to use "100 people in your pants" that is some serious heat. Loving it, keep it coming I am totally in!

ASMu-2007, CSR-2012, CSR-2013, AKL-1/2014, CSR-10/2014
Offsite: 1991, 1993, 1996, 2005
lovelygirl1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #270
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
Disney is so good at the build-up in a ride, especially Dinosaur, that it's no wonder your poor nephew got upset...my family rarely rides Dinosaur - despite the fact that it's blissfully air-conditioned - because we're a bunch of scaredy-cats Seriously, we all have done it before but we usually decide to just go straight to the exit store and look at the dinosaur stuff!

Great ride picture!! I'm always closing my eyes
Dinosaur is really great from a build up perspective. It's always been one of my favorite rides.

Hey, no worries on being scaredy cats. I promise I won't make fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelygirl1975 View Post
Loving you trip report thus far, that pic of your dad with the glow sticks was hilarious. Your family reminds me so much of mine, they would have drug all of us on that ride as children and enjoyed our fear. I am totally planning to use "100 people in your pants" that is some serious heat. Loving it, keep it coming I am totally in!
Haha, thanks! My Pop is pretty silly. We like keeping him around.

My parents didn't allow us to chicken out of things. Especially if we had never done it. Now, if we rode it and decided we didn't want to do it again, then that was fine. But we always has to try it first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I read your post to Shanleigh and said "who does that sound like 16 years ago"....she didn't find it as funny as I did! She was Gavin to a T!!! Loe the pic!
Hahaha. I am sure Shan didn't find it as funny as you. I will find it humorous with Gavin for the rest of my life. And I will gladly remind him of it regularly.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: