Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #196
CarolynK
DIS Veteran

Oh, great memories! I love the Splash photo! Thanks for sharing

Upcoming: 12/21/14-12/28/14 WDW**2/27/15-3/3/15 WDW
CarolynK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #197
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
I saw that picture of the mugs on Instagram. I love the Hunchback and Bambi one! What a great find.

OMG, YOUR DAD DOES LOOK LIKE JOAQUIN! Whoa.

LOL @ the Splash photo! Never thought I'd see the day you'd be terrified of Splash at one point.

I'm excited to see those photos with the rare characters!
It's freaky right?! My Dad, Jason, and Joaquin all resemble each other in some way.

Hahaha! Most people never thought I'd be afraid of things. I wasn't a huge fan of big rides when I was younger. When I was about 14 years old, that changed when I started doing everything at Six Flags. Then of course I started working at Six Flags when I was 16, and the rest is history. I miss the pit in your stomach feeling when you're scared. But, what can you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
Oh, great memories! I love the Splash photo! Thanks for sharing
Thanks! I love sharing fun stuff.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #198
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Great find - I have that little Mermaid mug. Just re-found it myself when I cleaned out the cabinets.

I usually use my HUGE Disney mugs since it takes that much coffee to get me going nowadays.

Great Picture. I have one of DS screaming down Splash too. Waiting for an really embarrassing moment to display that.

Oh wait it is in my office.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #200
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Great find - I have that little Mermaid mug. Just re-found it myself when I cleaned out the cabinets.

I usually use my HUGE Disney mugs since it takes that much coffee to get me going nowadays.

Great Picture. I have one of DS screaming down Splash too. Waiting for an really embarrassing moment to display that.

Oh wait it is in my office.
Isn't it great when you find things cleaning out? I completely forgot my Grandma had them.

I normally get huge mugs too! I love the ones I found, but at the same time I'm like "they're a little small....."

Nice! Embarrassing pictures are the best. Problem is, clearly, I don't get embarrassed easily, so my Mom and Dad have a hard time with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Awww - love the pics of your Pop. How wonderful to have those!

And that ride photo is The.Best.Ever!!!!!
I thought the pictures were great when I found them. I had to share.

It's epic, isn't it? So different than I am now.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #201
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

That Splash picture is priceless!
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #202
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
That Splash picture is priceless!
Thanks!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #203
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
I totally get it with not wanting to cook on vacation. We only cooked once during our trip. We grilled hamburgers,hot dogs and chicken. We made it very easy on ourselves and had bagels, cereals in the mornings and for lunches when we were at the villa we had sandwiches. Not much cooking done for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Hahaha. You know, my Mom always says that. "It has a full kitchen, we can cook!" And I always go "heck no we're not cooking!"

Agreed. And I don't plan to ever cook a lot on vacation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
I hear you on that. We do usually try to stay in a place with a kitchen, but that is largely for storing milk/making proper coffee in the morning and sometimes having breakfast. Plus with having young kids having tons of milk at the ready and food when needed is great. We could probably do with a kitchenette as it isn't like we cook a full turkey dinner or anything - though having the oven to be able to re-heat leftovers is sometimes nice
Shew! I am glad I am not alone in this! We always do breakfast stuff in the room and sandwiches for lunch is great but a big NO to full on cooking! My mom loves it though...I think she lives for it! I always tell my DH "I am not Faye!" (my mom)

I am glad to hear something good on the BBQ! I haven't dug too deep but it seems like mixed reviews from what I remember. The food looks good and I like the laid back look! And the jeggings...and Oscar!!! I love Oscar!

The flash back photos were great...especially the Splash photo!!
TinksThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:58 AM   #204
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Awesome vintage photos! That Splash photo is epic! I can hear the screams all the way down the drop.

Awwww what's better than old Disney mugs for tea (or coffee) than to know they were grandma's. I like the Bambi one.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #205
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Dude I totally had that Lion King mug!!!now I'm wondering where the heck it ever went?

My grandfathers military pics are my favorite! I wish they'd been taken care of better before they were passed to me!

The Splash pic is so funny! I take pics like that on Dinosaur! Somehow I always look terrified!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #206
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Shew! I am glad I am not alone in this! We always do breakfast stuff in the room and sandwiches for lunch is great but a big NO to full on cooking! My mom loves it though...I think she lives for it! I always tell my DH "I am not Faye!" (my mom)

I am glad to hear something good on the BBQ! I haven't dug too deep but it seems like mixed reviews from what I remember. The food looks good and I like the laid back look! And the jeggings...and Oscar!!! I love Oscar!

The flash back photos were great...especially the Splash photo!!
Girl, you are so not alone on the not wanting to cook front! It's not called vacation for nothing!

I hadn't heard anything here nor there on the barbecue. I'm a fan of reviews, but at the same time, I'm the kind of person that also likes to make my mind up about stuff myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Awesome vintage photos! That Splash photo is epic! I can hear the screams all the way down the drop.

Awwww what's better than old Disney mugs for tea (or coffee) than to know they were grandma's. I like the Bambi one.
I know, you could totally hear me screaming down that entire hill, couldn't you?

It's true. They'll hold a special place in my heart because I know they belonged to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Dude I totally had that Lion King mug!!!now I'm wondering where the heck it ever went?

My grandfathers military pics are my favorite! I wish they'd been taken care of better before they were passed to me!

The Splash pic is so funny! I take pics like that on Dinosaur! Somehow I always look terrified!
My parents have always had them too, but Grandma had some we didn't have, which was a score! Maybe your mug has disappeared into mug oblivion. You know, like left socks.....

Our pictures are all in really good shape for the most part, which I'm grateful for.

Hahaha! Just wait until you see some of our upcoming current PP pictures. Absolutely priceless.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #207
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post

I know, you could totally hear me screaming down that entire hill, couldn't you?

It's true. They'll hold a special place in my heart because I know they belonged to her.

My parents have always had them too, but Grandma had some we didn't have, which was a score! Maybe your mug has disappeared into mug oblivion. You know, like left socks.....

Our pictures are all in really good shape for the most part, which I'm grateful for.

Hahaha! Just wait until you see some of our upcoming current PP pictures. Absolutely priceless.
I am so glad you picked some of grandma's mugs too. She loved anything Disney for sure.

So get crackin where are the PP pictures. Can't wait to see them.
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #208
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

The Treehouse Villas are very nice. One day I will stay there. I just cannot justify it with only the 2 of us.
The BBQ looked like fun. The food looked good being I cannot eat it. LOL
Nice mugs.
My father was in Vietnam but he died there. He stepped on a landmine.
All caught up. Looking forward to more.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #209
katt789
DIS Veteran

Baha! Nice teaser, definitely the classiest of photos with you guys!!

I just did some Disney florist ordering for this apst trip! Itís such a good idea! I do wish I had known earlier in order to save up some more money for the whole room decoration things! They sound totally awesome!!

This backyard bbq sounds like my kinda place1

Baha, as if she didnít notice they were jeggings?!

Sounds like a great evening, lots of all you can eat food and some characters thrown in there, why not?! I also really want to do the campfire they have with chip and dale too!

Great finds with the mugs and the pictures!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #210
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
I am so glad you picked some of grandma's mugs too. She loved anything Disney for sure.

So get crackin where are the PP pictures. Can't wait to see them.
You're so impatient! I'm the one writing it lady!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
The Treehouse Villas are very nice. One day I will stay there. I just cannot justify it with only the 2 of us.
The BBQ looked like fun. The food looked good being I cannot eat it. LOL
Nice mugs.
My father was in Vietnam but he died there. He stepped on a landmine.
All caught up. Looking forward to more.
I could never justify staying there either unless we had 7 people going. Otherwise, I can guarantee we wouldn't stay there again.

Awwww, no BBQ? I don't eat it under normal circumstances. I'm on a pretty strict diet at home.

I'm sorry about your Dad. I'm grateful mine came back, definitely. It was always a possibility that he didn't though. They lost a lot in his unit, because he was infantry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Baha! Nice teaser, definitely the classiest of photos with you guys!!
Hahaha, glad you liked it!

Quote:
I just did some Disney florist ordering for this apst trip! Itís such a good idea! I do wish I had known earlier in order to save up some more money for the whole room decoration things! They sound totally awesome!!
Awesome that you did the florist! We haven't ordered from them in quite some time, but she really wanted to get something for the boys.

Quote:
This backyard bbq sounds like my kinda place1

Baha, as if she didnít notice they were jeggings?!
The BBQ is tons of fun! If we ever overlap a trip, we should do it together!

I have no idea how she never noticed they didn't have pockets. I guess she just wasn't looking out for it.

Quote:
Sounds like a great evening, lots of all you can eat food and some characters thrown in there, why not?! I also really want to do the campfire they have with chip and dale too!

Great finds with the mugs and the pictures!!
Right?! I haven't done the campfire in years. We did it way way way back in the day when we stayed at the trailers (they weren't called cabins yet) at FW.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: