DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Can't buy the DVC discounted AP

When I go to the WDW ticket site and click on the discounted APs for DVC members it takes me to a blank page. Is this happening to anyone else?
Old 07-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #2
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Nevermind...I've answered my own question. I logged in instead to My Disney Experience. You can purchase tickets there and it automatically gave me the DVC discounted AP ticket rate.
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #3
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
Nevermind...I've answered my own question. I logged in instead to My Disney Experience. You can purchase tickets there and it automatically gave me the DVC discounted AP ticket rate.
Glad you found it, yes you have to go through MDE.

All DVC accounts in the future will have to be linked to MDE to use any of the features, buying tickets, booking dining, using Fastpass +.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post

Glad you found it, yes you have to go through MDE.

All DVC accounts in the future will have to be linked to MDE to use any of the features, buying tickets, booking dining, using Fastpass +.
I've done my dining ADRs through there. It doesn't seem to automatically link your reservations though. Is it supposed to? I've had to manually do it. And how does MDE know I'm a DVC member? I've never been asked that on the site. Does that automatically happen through Disney?
Old 07-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've done my dining ADRs through there. It doesn't seem to automatically link your reservations though. Is it supposed to? I've had to manually do it. And how does MDE know I'm a DVC member? I've never been asked that on the site. Does that automatically happen through Disney?
The DVC 'Affiliation' is found on the 'About Me' section of your MDE Profile. If you have the same e-mail address associated with MDE and your DVC profile, it may have added the DVC 'Affiliation' automatically.

I have to manually link my DVC Room reservations, but I've seen some posts from other that say their room reservations appear in MDE automatically.

If you have the DVC 'Affiliation' on your MDE Profile, it will look something like this (click for larger version):

Last edited by erionm; 07-03-2013 at 09:58 AM.
erionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post

The DVC 'Affiliation' is found on the 'About Me' section of your MDE Profile. If you have the same e-mail address associated with MDE and your DVC profile, it may have added the DVC 'Affiliation' automatically.

I have to manually link my DVC Room reservations, but I've seen some posts from other that say their room reservations appear in MDE automatically.

If you have the DVC 'Affiliation' on your MDE Profile, it will look something like this (click for larger version):
Thanks! I didn't see an about me area but I will look again. Yes, same email addresses so maybe that's why. Thanks!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #7
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I didn't see an about me area but I will look again. Yes, same email addresses so maybe that's why. Thanks!
On the MDE website, it's where you can change your name and select what character you want to display for your profile.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #8
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can try to do it yourself and some have been able to, as described by erionm, but if you have trouble then MS can help.

If properly linked, all your reservations, dining and resort, should show up on MDE. I love it, because I was able to print it all off and keep a copy with me.

If the reservations are not automatically showing up on MDE, either resort or ADRs, you are not really linked.

I just checked mine on MDE, and when I go to My Reservations, there are my ADRs and my Resort reservation. Also something new, there is now a section for linking tickets, which I am sure is due to them getting reading for MagicBand as it says:
Quote:
Don't see your tickets?
You may have to link them to your account. If you do not have one of the new admission cards or a MagicBand, be sure to bring your paper ticket to use for park admission.

Last edited by Sammie; 07-03-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #9
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If the reservations are not automatically showing up on MDE, either resort or ADRs, you are not really linked.
My DVC resort reservations don't automatically show in MDE and I am linked as you can see in the image I posted. It doesn't bother me if I have to manually link my resort reservations to MDE as that step is simple.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #10
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

So I went into MDE in my profile the DVC badge is there. It lists a Club ID number that's different than my membership number. What's a Club ID number?
Old 07-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #11
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I went into MDE in my profile the DVC badge is there. It lists a Club ID number that's different than my membership number. What's a Club ID number?
It's a unique number assigned to each person on a membership (including associate members). The suffix will be different for each individual. You usually only need the number when creating your DVCMember.com account.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #12
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post

It's a unique number assigned to each person on a membership (including associate members). The suffix will be different for each individual. You usually only need the number when creating your DVCMember.com account.
Ok so I was wondering if the reason that my reservations weren't linked was because the Club ID number was used MF not my membership number. So the club ID # is supposed to be there in my profile and not my membership number. Is that correct?
Old 07-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #13
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Luv2sleep when your accounts are truly linked, all your reservations, whether they are ADRs or resort will automatically go to MDE and show up under My Reservations.

Affiliations and linked accounts are not the same thing, according to the info given to me by MS. They will be glad to help you get yours linked, as they did mine.

Having this set up is important if you plan to use Fastpass+ when it is completely rolled out and want to book them in advance.

Last edited by Sammie; 07-03-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #14
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Luv2sleep when your accounts are truly linked, all your reservations, whether they are ADRs or resort will automatically go to MDE and show up under My Reservations.

Affiliations and linked accounts are not the same thing, according to the info given to me by MS. They will be glad to help you get yours linked, as they did mine.

Having this set up is important if you plan to use Fastpass+ when it is completely rolled out and want to book them in advance.
Oh ok! I'm calling them Friday to make sure this is fixed. Thank you'
Old 07-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #15
rfc0001
Mouseketeer

Unhappy Adventures in Wonderland

So, I am a brand spanking new DVC member, so as a result signed up for access to dvc.disney.go.com post-MDE and as a result, signed in initially with my existing Disney Account, so my DVC and MDE accounts were ostensibly "linked" from the get go, since both are using the same Disney Account and my DVC ID automatically got linked under MDE > My Profile > About Me. However, I am still not seeing any new DVC reservations under MDE (I've created 3 in the last week). So, seeing the last post about the DVC "Affiliation" under About Me *not* being the same as "linking", I called DVC Member Services and MDE tech support and neither had any clue about this other than confirming I am using the same account, is my DVC account listed under My Profile, etc. I am guessing the additional "linking" talked about here is to link the Disney Account to the DVC account, since I am surmising that previously you logged into DVC using different credentials than your Disney Account (account used with MDE). Like I say, since I'm fresh off the bus, my DVC account has always been linked to my Disney Account, and by doing so automatically linked itself to MDE under Affiliations as well. So, I think the additional step is to link your Disney Account credentials to your DVC account, however in my case this was already done. Despite all this, I am still unable to see reservations automatically, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll add this to the big book of boo boos related to using the new website, along with intermittent "Server Busy" errors, generally slow site, "Unable to check right now" errors with dining reservations, and the best which is a completely blank page when accessing m.disneyworld.disney.com from my phone (preventing me from accessing/cancelling/making reservations from my phone when in the park, which just impacts Windows Phones, so I know this is just me, but still a pretty major bug) .
rfc0001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: