Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
tlenzendorf
Always Dreaming of Disney!

If you found AS resorts noisy and have also stayed at AoA?

Did you find AoA to be noisy like the AS resorts? And by noisy I mean paper thin walls that you can hear the neighbor walk to the bathroom and flush in the middle of the night?

Also how was the bed quality?

We have found the AS resorts beds to be quite uncomfortable(worn) and the room noise level unacceptable. Yet we would like to try AoA, but not at the expense of comfort.

Please share your thoughts.

tlenzendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
lovedonald
Mouseketeer

We really liked AoA when we stayed there. We were in a lion king suite. We thought the food court could be a little loud at times. When we were in our room we could not hear the people in the next room at all. What we could hear were the people in the hallways. The beds were decent there. The only thing that wasn't the most comfortable was the pull out sofa in the living room. It is fine for kids but after a few nights it became uncomfortable for 2 average size adults. Overall the resort was really fun! The pools were great and everything was really clean there. The overall vibe there is really fun and having the lake to walk around was a huge bonus. We would definitely stay again!
lovedonald is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
Noelle
Kungaloosh!

We've stayed at All Star Movies (1st floor) & in AoA in Lion King & Little Nemo (2nd floor both times). AoA was much better for noise. We hated our stay at All Star Movies. We were only there for 4 nights before going to our DVC, but every night there were loud groups of people yelling outside our room well past 2:00 in the morning. The quality of the bed linens were about the same. The mattresses at AoA were new when we were there so I can't say there would be a difference now. AoA was fairly quiet. We still heard the occasional group walking by now and then, but nothing like our stay at All Stars. I think it might be because the hallways are indoors at AoA and outside at AS.
ASMo - 7/10 ASMu - 7/99 AKL - 11/09 AoA - 12/12, 1/13 Beach Club - 6/04, 10/06, 10/07, 12/14 Contemporary - 7/92 CSR - 12/06 GF - 7/03, 12/04, 12/06 OKW - 7/08, 11/09, 8/10, 4/11, 7/12, 7/14 Polynesian - 12/05 POR - 4/03, 12/03 SSR - 10/05, 6/12 (THV), 12/12 Vero Beach - 7/08, 8/10 WL - 6/12
Noelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #4
tlenzendorf
Always Dreaming of Disney!

Thanks. We have stayed at Pop and Music and both times said never a value again. It wasn't worth saving the money before starting a DVC stay. However AoA is really intriguing to us. We just don't want to start our first 2 days off with little to no sleep due to noise and being tired from the get go from crappy beds.

tlenzendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #5
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlenzendorf View Post
Did you find AoA to be noisy like the AS resorts? And by noisy I mean paper thin walls that you can hear the neighbor walk to the bathroom and flush in the middle of the night?
You know what resort had the same problem for us? Grand Floridian. I heard more toilet flushing at that resort than at ASMu. My last stay in a value was last year in a 2nd floor room at Sports and we didn't have the problem.

If you are concerned with neighbor noise at any resort, ask for top floor, corner room, it limits the number of rooms you are next to.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #6
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I've stayed at Music twice now. At AoA twice now. The last time at AoA, I was in a LM room, ground level, facing the pool! I thought it was going to be a nightmare of noise. Nope, it was quiet as it could be.
I have also stayed at Pop at least 5 or 6 times now. No noise there either. I haven't found the values to be any noisier than any other resorts. I own DVC at both BLT and BWV....you can hear toilets flushing at all the resorts!!! I have yet to stay at a resort where that didn't happen. If it's going to bother you, just close the bathroom door.

My worst stay noise-wise? the Polynesian!!! We had a room that had a connecting door. While we were there, we had two different families staying in that connected room next to us. The first family wasn't too bad...a bit loud but we finally put a rolled up towel in between the two doors and that helped a lot. But...the second family was awful!!! Every night they had to call Gram and tell her all about their day!!!! Now, I have no problem checking in with the family. But really??? We knew every single thing that family did each day, everything they ate. I finally got right up beside the connecting door and said, very loudly...'Kate, please use your indoor voice. There are other people around us and they don't want to hear about your issues!!!' Understand, my dd Kate had done nothing. She was actually taking a shower at that moment. My comment seemed to do the trick. They were much quieter after that!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: