DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #16
Geeky
Earning My Ears

Slightly off topic, but what other incentives are available right now? DH and I are weighing in on where to buy...
Old 08-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #17
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

There are no incentives for VGF at the moment.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #18
micandsofsmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus68 View Post

One who was just there and knows! THANX for telling me. I won't waste time. How was the sail? Was it smooth? What did you do that I should go check out?
The ship was simply amazing. We did a couple of excursions. One was dolphinaris is Cozumel. Not sure where your going to... But it was a lot of fun. My kids had a blast. The shows on board were great too. Wishes was our favorite. Don't miss Palo if you can get there. Food was amazing. But as far as the incentives, the only ones they offered were AK and Aulani. Have a great time. :
micandsofsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #19
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
THANX for the replies and the well wishes. One last thing on it. They want to sell because they have a Poly DVC that we all know about. So maybe they will offer something. I'm not worried about being tempted there. It really isn't my style. Neither is GFV. It sort of looks like my house. I live in a Victorian. I just really love that pullout bed under the TV and the TV in the bathroom mirror. I know. I am outta my mind. I just think its cool!
One other thing to consider is the points to stay at GFV are high! I thought BLT was high until now. We have 4 nights in a 2bedroom booked at GF and needed to book 4 more nights once my resale points were added and when I was ready to book it was over 100 points higher for GF then BLT both LK for 4 nights.

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #20
bighoo93
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandjanl View Post
Yeah, the guide I talked to basically said there probably would never be incentives for it b/c it's GF and it should sell itself. But you're right - people aren't spending like they used to. Maybe they will consider some incentives down the road.
That is the same line they use about DVC in general--they don't have to use high-pressure tactics because "Disney sells itself." And to some extent, that is certainly true. Perhaps the same for the GF, I realize there are a lot of enthusiastic fans of the resort.

But never is a long ways off, and a lot can happen between now and then. I would be surprised if there is sufficient demand to never discount the GFV, but you just never know. Personally, I wouldn't bet on that. If it is the case, I think it would be more attributable to the fact that it is a relatively small resort (is it the smallest, in terms of number of villas?), so it simply takes fewer sales to sell out. I don't think it "sells itself" much more than most of the other DVC resorts when they are new. Each one has unique attributes that make it attractive to a lot of people. We shall see...
bighoo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #21
Maximus68
Earning My Ears

We bought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighoo93 View Post
That is the same line they use about DVC in general--they don't have to use high-pressure tactics because "Disney sells itself." And to some extent, that is certainly true. Perhaps the same for the GF, I realize there are a lot of enthusiastic fans of the resort.

But never is a long ways off, and a lot can happen between now and then. I would be surprised if there is sufficient demand to never discount the GFV, but you just never know. Personally, I wouldn't bet on that. If it is the case, I think it would be more attributable to the fact that it is a relatively small resort (is it the smallest, in terms of number of villas?), so it simply takes fewer sales to sell out. I don't think it "sells itself" much more than most of the other DVC resorts when they are new. Each one has unique attributes that make it attractive to a lot of people. We shall see...
Well. We bought 65 points at GFV's. I'm thinkin we will just stay a few nights or borrow the forward years points to stay 6 nights. And. Oh yeh. No incentive. 150 a point.
Maximus68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #22
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

We bought last week for $145 a point. I don't see them offering incentives any time soon. I have never seen the SSR sales centre so busy. We specifically went to buy 55 VGF points and had to wait for a room because they were all busy with guides discussing potential sales which we Have never seen before. Also to get. To the model rooms we had to wait because it was so busy.

What we have heard from DVC whether true or not is that sales have exceeded expectations and a price increase is expected soon.

Last edited by Minniesgal; 08-28-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #23
Maximus68
Earning My Ears

Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post
We bought last week for $145 a point. I don't see them offering incentives any time soon. I have never seen the SSR sales centre so busy. We specifically went to buy 55 VGF points and had to wait for a room because they were all busy with guides discussing potential sales which we Have never seen before. Also to get. To the model rooms we had to wait. E audit was so busy.

What we have heard from DVC whether true or not is that sales have exceeded expectations and a price increase is expected soon.
It was 150 last week
Old 08-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #24
Maximus68
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post
We bought last week for $145 a point. I don't see them offering incentives any time soon. I have never seen the SSR sales centre so busy. We specifically went to buy 55 VGF points and had to wait for a room because they were all busy with guides discussing potential sales which we Have never seen before. Also to get. To the model rooms we had to wait. E audit was so busy.

Increase went into effect June 19.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #25
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It was 150 last week
We bought for $145 as we are already owners. They went back one price increase as we do not live in a place where they can sell by phone which is standard practice.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #26
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Increase went into effect June 19.
A second price increase
Old 08-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #27
Shleedogg
DIS Veteran

I don't know about the price, but last month we were able to book at VGF at the 7 month window with no problem. There was plenty of availability for all of our possible dates.

Shleedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #28
DizGirl20
DIS Veteran

I booked last week at 7 months no problem (1 Bedroom)... But I don't expect this to last forever!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #29
nalajms
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shleedogg View Post
I don't know about the price, but last month we were able to book at VGF at the 7 month window with no problem. There was plenty of availability for all of our possible dates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizGirl20 View Post
I booked last week at 7 months no problem (1 Bedroom)... But I don't expect this to last forever!
That's only because the are not many VGF owners yet. Once they get closer to selling out in 2-3 years, it'll be like BCV & BWV during F&W or the popular resorts during the first 2 weeks in Dec. Or even BCV during hot months! I have yet to be able to get a full week there at 7 months.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #30
jerseyduke
Mouseketeer

VGF is like 75% declared, and as of the end of july, according to dvc news, only 12-13% sold.

Booking will be easy for a while with the exception of high demand periods.

A the current pace, VGF will sell out in about 2 years, however, Animal Kingdom will sell out around the new year. That can only speed up VGF sales.

Prior to 2008 (few at the poly, few off property)
2008 - AllStars
2010 - Poly
2012 - Poly/PO-RS
2013 - VGF&WL
jerseyduke is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: