DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #1
wrighter
DIS Veteran

Resale: How long from initial offering to buyer response?

For those who have either bought or sold resale contracts, would you be willing to share how long the process was from the time of the buyer's initial offer to when an agreement was made? I'm hearing everything from one hour to one week, and I was just curious what is considered average or reasonable.
April 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas-----October 2014 Boardwalk Villas-----April 2015 Magic 7-Day Western Caribbean-----2015 Family Reunion at WDW?
wrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #2
SFlaDisneyfans
Mouseketeer

We made an offer on a Sunday afternoon. They countered on Monday and we accepted the counter that evening.
SFlaDisneyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #3
blessed2BaMama
Earning My Ears

On our first resale contract in May (with Fidelity who is known for being slower) we heard back from the seller within hours but the negotiations took a few days. They were definitely more laid back in the process which didn't bother me at the time because it was my first resale and I didn't want to feel pushed. However after going through the whole process this relaxed pace would only foreshadow things to come...

On our second resale contract in July with Timeshare Store, we heard back from seller within less than an hour and the agreement even with counter offers was complete within 3 hours and all paperwork arrived almost immediately and we were off to ROFR within 24 hours of them sending me the contract! THey are to me more immediate and aggressively helpful to get things moving!!
blessed2BaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
timandjanl
Mouseketeer

We made an offer with TSS on Sunday at 1pm. Got a call back at 2pm saying it was accepted. We had the contract from TSS that evening. The fully executed contract was sent to Disney the next day.

Proud DVC Owner at SSR
timandjanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #5
dcfromva

Disney Fan

We've sold two contracts. One was at asking price, so there was no negotiation. The contract was sent to us and we signed it and faxed it back within about an hour of receiving it (had to read it over to make sure everything was correct).

On the 2nd contract we received several offers (over successive days) that were so low we didn't counter--we figured we were so far apart, there was no need to waste anyone's time with a counter. Then we received an offer that was still on the low side, but not so far off- so we countered (within an hour) and the counter was accepted by buyers a couple days later. We received the contract while DH was at work. This contract was signed and faxed back after DH returned home from work.
dcfromva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

We used www.*************** and made offer which was countered 2 hours later. We countered at closing time and found out the next morning it was accepted. We received contracts that afternoon and the next morning received signed contract from seller.
They have already updated their site to show the contract as sale pending.
Highly VERY HIGHLY recommend them.

Last edited by CarolMN; 08-31-2013 at 09:17 AM. Reason: filter violation
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
GirlWriter
Mouseketeer

I made a below-asking-price offer on 6/28

Seller countered with a price in the middle on the same date

I accepted the counter-offer the following day (6/29) and got the contract via email that same day
GirlWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #8
hapablap21
Earning My Ears

When I bought, I just took the offering price. There was no negotiation. All happened in less than 8 hours.
hapablap21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:28 AM   #9
brelyt
Earning My Ears

Made an offer through fidelity on a Wednesday. Called fidelity on Friday to find out what was going on. Surprise, surprise, the seller had 'just' countered. We accepted and got the contract a week later. Best advice, be patient. The resale process takes a while. We are on day 105.
brelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #10
lorie13
Mouseketeer

I believe it has to depend on the sellers motivation and the brokers ability to contact the seller. First offer I made with TSS was asking price, the answer came back within a couple of hours and the contract was sent by email that evening.
When looking for a another contract I made about a dozen offers with all three top brokers, some took a few days to answer, some a few hours. The longest one was over a week as it was a foreign seller.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #11
Trooper8286
TK8286

Made inquiry about process to make offer late in the day July 29th. Got phone call and email response that day, responded with offer on the morning of July 30th. Got a counter offer from seller the next day. We accepted that same day, July 31. Contracts were signed, scanned and emailed and it went out to Disney 8/1 for ROFR.

-Jay
Stormtrooper 501st Legion- Carolina Garrison
I am not too short to be a stormtrooper!
Trooper8286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #12
agie65
New Disney Fan

It all depend on brokers ability to contact the seller and get a response. I bought several contracts from different brokers. Each time was different experience. Fidelity is known, for its slowness and I bought several contracts from them. And could not indersatand so far the reason for slowness.
agie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #13
ImagineerTHAT
Imaginerd

I offered and had an acceptance at $6 below asking in 15 min. The paperwork came the next morning. BLT 150 points.
ImagineerTHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #14
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by agie65 View Post
It all depend on brokers ability to contact the seller and get a response. I bought several contracts from different brokers. Each time was different experience. Fidelity is known, for its slowness and I bought several contracts from them. And could not indersatand so far the reason for slowness.
This, if the seller is eager to sell and available and the broker calls immediately, you could have a verbal acceptance in an hour.

If the seller isn't eager to sell, and the listing is new, they might wait a bit and see what sorts of offers come through.

If the sellers are traveling, or busy at work, they may not have time to respond until the weekend - or later. We sold our last house while we were on vacation, and while we accepted offers on vacation (we reviewed them sitting in DisneyQuest ), we were more motivated than a lot of timeshare sellers.

The first offer we made was being sold by a group of people (I think it was three families) - it took a few days to get back to us, and by that time they had decided not to sell at all.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #15
puppytrainer
Mouseketeer

I agree with the OP's regarding on how badly the sellers want to sell and how easy it is to get a hold of them. I had called with my offer and within 10 minutes I had a call back saying the sellers accepted.

Me DD (10)

1999-Port Orleans ~ 2009-Pop Century ~ 2011-Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ 2013-Disney Fantasy-Western Caribbean ~ 2014-AKL/Disney Dream-Bahamas/BCV
puppytrainer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: