Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

3/28FINALLY COMPLETED*August 2013*I can't go to Disney without a Pete!

Hi!
Man I totally hate packing, so I figured starting a Trip Report would be the best way to procrastinate, right? We leave in barely three days!!
I've never done a trip report, so I'm not totally sure the format, but here goes!

Let me introduce us. It will just be my darling boyfriend Pete and I. We live in Boston and are in the process of moving in together. Terrible planning time wise, but having to pack up my apartment will be a good distraction from all the homesick I'll be plagued with upon our return. He's a teacher so summer time is the only time we can go plus WE'RE GOING FOR HIS BIRTHDAY, which is tomorrow

We have a little baby named Little Kim, who heartbreakingly has to stay home.

This will be our second trip to Disney together. Prior to our trip last year, I had only been once before when I was little, with my brother, who is also named Pete and my Nana.

I wish I could still find that outfit.

Last year we also had a couple friends in tow, one of who was also named Pete. I just love Pete's I guess. Our trip last year was awesome, but we did all 4 parks in 2 days and a day at Universal, while also staying off site. While I don't think any length of time would ever be enough, I'm thrilled to have so much more time this trip. While I'm a huge Potterhead, we'll be skipping Universal this year. I definetly plan on going as soon as Diagon Alley is done!

This year, Pete and I will be staying at the All Star Music resort for 4 nights and I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED
We land Sunday morning at 10:03am and I plan on heading to the park as soon as we drop our bags. I'm so excited for the Magical Express, to be staying onsite, to check out DTD, to check out some resorts, TO JUST BE TOTALLY IMMERSED IN DISNEY!

We have ADR's for CRT, Coral Reef, Ohana, and I FINALLY, just yesterday, got the BOG ADR that I have been stalking for months! HAVE FAITH GUYS!

I have a spreadsheet with what parks I want to be at each day. I plan on getting up early everyday and making it to at least RD for one reason or another. We have a 9:00am CRT res (Pete said he'd get up early for it, but not any earlier than that ) one day, I'd like to hit RD at MK by myself so I can see the opening ceremony another day, and I want to be at AK by 9am one day so that I can head over to Rafiki's Planet Watch to hopefully catch a veterinary procedure! I work as a vet tech and I can not imagine a cooler job than being a vet tech at Disney

I also am Gluten free and am so excited for all that Disney has to offer for my allergies! I will definitely be talking a lot about food so stay tuned!

So, I have two more shifts of work to get through and then we're off!!
I'll leave you with my two favorite photos from our trip last year, one being of me hysterically crying during Wishes. Man, I really really love Wishes. And I cry a lot.

links!!
Aug 18th

Day one, part one. Clever title to come?
No Fantasmic! is not fantastic
All my Weird Al dreams have come true!A mermaid and some goodnight kisses

Aug 19th
A magical morning on my own!
Waking the Beast
Drinking around the Dad park
Tired princesses and dinner under the sea

Aug 20th
A sweaty princess breakfast
A sweaty Animal Kingdom and Everest marathon!
Suprises and meat!!

Aug 21st
Drinking around the rest of the world and CHARACTERS!
Epcot and Dole Whips and Parading!
All the happy tears ever
And all our Wishes will come truuuuuue

Aug 22nd
The saddest day of a Disney trip

Last edited by maddiebee; 03-28-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Great report! We will be landing on Sunday at almost the same time as you, but we are heading to Pop. Hope your Pete has an amazing birthday!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
Great report! We will be landing on Sunday at almost the same time as you, but we are heading to Pop. Hope your Pete has an amazing birthday!
Thanks!!! Hope you guys have an awesome trip!!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

Joining in! We arrive in Orlando on Sat but check into POR on Sunday! Hope you have a great trip!

My husband's birthday was 8/11 so we are celebrating when we get down there!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #5
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmama3 View Post
Joining in! We arrive in Orlando on Sat but check into POR on Sunday! Hope you have a great trip!

My husband's birthday was 8/11 so we are celebrating when we get down there!
Yay! Happy Birthday to your husband!
Old 09-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #6
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

And now that we're back and out from under the crippling Post Disney Depression..

Man, our trip was so wonderful and I'm still just so homesick. Luckily, we came home and had to get me moved out of my apartment and into my boyfriends, so we didn't have a whole lot of time to be sad.
And so now I am going through all my photos, heartbroken to be so far away from home.

But enough about that!

We were up and out of the house by 5am and headed to Logan August 18th. I had barely slept at all because I was just too excited. We got through security super fast. As Pete and I started taking off our belts and shoes and taking out liquids, security told us we didn't have to do any of that and basically just waved everyone through. I was like wow! Times are changing! We headed to fresh city and I got a yogurt and a smoothie which turned out to be some sort of brutal mistake. As soon as they started to call boarding for our flight, my breakfast decided it no longer wanted anything to do with me. I made it on the plane ok and was able to use my first Airsickness Bag for what I'm assuming was just "Way too excited to going home" sickness.

I fell asleep immediately on the plane and we landed and got right on the Magical Express. Let it be known that I am a CRIER. I cry a lot, especially when it comes to Disney, because it just makes me so happy. Getting on the Magical Express was no exception. As soon as the movie started, so did my tears, which Pete was happy to document

We arrived at All Star Music around 11:30 and our room was ready, so we dropped off all our stuff and beelined it to HS. Neither of us had ever been on TSMM before and luckily we were still able to snag a couple of fp's for it when we got to the park! They were for much later in the day, but I was happy to have been able to get a FP at all. We hopped on The Great Movie ride and then both realized we were pretty hungry, especially since all the breakfast I had tried to eat was not in agreement with me! We didn't have and ADR's for our first day, but I really wanted to try 50's Prime Time. We stopped in and they told us the wait was about 20 minutes, which we were more than happy to wait.

I honestly could of waited for a long time. The waiting area is so cute and I absolutely adore the theming of this place. We ended up being seated soon after checking in and had such a good meal. I am gluten free and just have a sensitive stomach in general and had heard they had great GF options here, which they definitely did. Pete got a full sampler which he loved (and looked so good)

and I got GF chicken pot pie, which I was over the moon for.

I HAVEN'T HAD CHICKEN POT PIE IN SO LONG. I could of hugged the chef when he came out and told me that was one of the options.
Normally, after such a hefty meal, I would totally need a nap, but my Disney adrenaline was surging and I could of ran a marathon. We loved 50's Prime Time, but for the amount and type of food that it was, it may be a better dinner option.

Last year we didn't do many rides at HS, so it was really nice to actually get to explore and go on all the rides and meet characters.

I was so so so excited to meet Sorcerer Mickey and actually did not cry, which Pete and I were both impressed by

We ended up spending a lot of time in the Animation building. The drawings are all so neat. Disney scenery is just so incredible and it was really cool to look at everything they had there.

We also spent a lot of time in One Man's Dream. I love Walt's story and it was such a neat little exhibit of Disney's past and future.

It had been a couple hours since we had grabbed our TSMM FP, so we went a snagged one for RnRC, as it was the only other ride at HS that day with waits we were unwilling to put up with.

I had hoped to possibly catch Characterpolooza, but I guess it's supposed to a secret? I asked a couple CM's if the storm clouds looming around would hinder it and they either had never heard of it or tried to play coy.

It started to rain a bit, so we headed to the Backlot Tour. We thought it was cute and we loved the prop room. I was so excited to see Mr. Tumnus!! My left arm is all illustrations from the Chronicles of Narnia and Mr Tumnus is right at the top!

Up next, our first night turns into a very soggy one!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #7
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

I'm loving your report and I remember that rainy night well. We were also at HS on the 18th. We were waiting for Fantasmic when the rain hit!
Old 09-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #8
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

Following along! We are staying at ASMu too, I would love to hear more about it. And would you share a photo of your sleeve? I would love to see it, it sounds awesome! I love the Chronicles of Narnia too.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #9
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayemgi View Post
Following along! We are staying at ASMu too, I would love to hear more about it. And would you share a photo of your sleeve? I would love to see it, it sounds awesome! I love the Chronicles of Narnia too.
We honestly spent very little time at the resort, but we did think it was super cute! This was the first time we stayed on site and we weren't sure what to expect but everything was nice enough and went smoothly. I loved the theming and how colorful and fun everything was. One thing that we did think was kind of weird, was how quiet everything was, in the sense that most areas didn't have any music playing. Later on we realized that some areas had music that related to the theme of that area, but it seemed a little erie to be somewhere at disney with no music, especially a resort themed around it! It also would be nice to have some coverings at the bus stops, but ultimately we never ended up waiting too long! I think we only shared buses with one of the other All-Stars once!
We only ate at the food court once, but I was able to get gluten free Mickey waffles easily and quickly. They were great and I think Pete got Eggs and bacon and seemed happy enough with them.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions about the resort!

And this is probably the clearest photo I have of my arm:
Old 09-16-2013, 07:58 AM   #10
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
We honestly spent very little time at the resort, but we did think it was super cute! This was the first time we stayed on site and we weren't sure what to expect but everything was nice enough and went smoothly. I loved the theming and how colorful and fun everything was. One thing that we did think was kind of weird, was how quiet everything was, in the sense that most areas didn't have any music playing. Later on we realized that some areas had music that related to the theme of that area, but it seemed a little erie to be somewhere at disney with no music, especially a resort themed around it! It also would be nice to have some coverings at the bus stops, but ultimately we never ended up waiting too long! I think we only shared buses with one of the other All-Stars once!
We only ate at the food court once, but I was able to get gluten free Mickey waffles easily and quickly. They were great and I think Pete got Eggs and bacon and seemed happy enough with them.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions about the resort
Awesome, that's good to hear. We don't spend much time in the resort either, we are big time park people, but it's good to know that it was a good experience for you. Last time we did Disney we stayed at CBR and I felt like it was a waste of money because we were barely there! So we went with a value this time.

LOVE your tattoo, especially the little I can see of what must be the Dawn Treader and little Reepicheep! He's one of my favorites. Those books are such a part of my childhood, and I still re-read them as an adult every few years. It's nice to see another fan!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #11
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayemgi View Post
Awesome, that's good to hear. We don't spend much time in the resort either, we are big time park people, but it's good to know that it was a good experience for you. Last time we did Disney we stayed at CBR and I felt like it was a waste of money because we were barely there! So we went with a value this time.

LOVE your tattoo, especially the little I can see of what must be the Dawn Treader and little Reepicheep! He's one of my favorites. Those books are such a part of my childhood, and I still re-read them as an adult every few years. It's nice to see another fan!
I feel the same way. BF and I spent some time exploring other resorts and we would like to stay somewhere nicer next year, but I'm still wondering if it's totally worth it. I honestly feel like the all-stars "feel" a lot more Disney because they are so colorful and fun and I'd much rather be in the parks all day. BF would rather have a lot more time at the pool, though. So, we'll see!

And thanks! Narnia has always been very special to me

Last edited by maddiebee; 09-16-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #12
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Hi,
I have you moved.
I have a really sensitive stomach too.
I didn't have an ADR and tried 50 Prime Time and got in by myself.
I heard the Chicken Pot Pie was gluten free and I loved it and I love not being sick after I eat.
I also brought in my IPad, since I was solo and my waitress didn't say a word about it and I gave her an extra big tip for being nice to me. She caught me outside and gave me a hug and told me to have a better day.

Looking forward to the rest of your TR.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #13
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Hi,
I have you moved.
I have a really sensitive stomach too.
I didn't have an ADR and tried 50 Prime Time and got in by myself.
I heard the Chicken Pot Pie was gluten free and I loved it and I love not being sick after I eat.
I also brought in my IPad, since I was solo and my waitress didn't say a word about it and I gave her an extra big tip for being nice to me. She caught me outside and gave me a hug and told me to have a better day.

Looking forward to the rest of your TR.
Thanks!! We really really loved prime time and talked about it our whole trip! Being at Disney with a sensitive stomach was so easy too. Everyone was so accommodating, which I will discuss more!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #14
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Following along!
Old 09-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #15
danjoan14
Clang Clang Clang Went The Trolley

Loving your report. We were they the same time that you were. I feel your emotions about Disney. I'll tell you that it was really tough to come home. I'm still depressed about not being at the Magic. It's just a weird kind of feeling!

2013 - Port Orelans Riverside
2010 - Sheraton Vistana Villages
2007 - Dolphin
2005 - Sheraton Vistana Villiages

Tags
august, august 2013, tattoos, trip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: