Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #31
RI Disney Star
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
YAY for Paradise Pier!!! I love that hotel, but sheesh......their prices are ridiculous! We stayed there last December but that was because we had Derek's CM discount......otherwise we would have been somewhere cheap......lol

Airfare is crazy.......it ran us just over $800 for round trip tickets for the 2 of us.......blech......most expensive thing we had to pay for!
Your photos of Paradise Pier when you stayed there helped seal the deal. I agree on the price but my 2 dd's and myself are splitting the cost so it's not so bad. We figure it will probably be the only time we get to the west coast.....so why not do it up right. We are worth it!!!

Airfare...ugh...don't even want to think about it now. It's over $500 each...hopefully it will go down.

Happy New Year TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212814

WDW - 1978 Fort Wilderness, 1991 Caribbean Beach Resort, 1998 Port Orleans, 2008 All Star Sports, 2009 Off Site, 2011 Off Site, 2012 Coronado Springs Resort

Disneyland - 1967, 2014 Paradise Pier
RI Disney Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #32
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI Disney Star View Post
Your photos of Paradise Pier when you stayed there helped seal the deal. I agree on the price but my 2 dd's and myself are splitting the cost so it's not so bad. We figure it will probably be the only time we get to the west coast.....so why not do it up right. We are worth it!!!

Airfare...ugh...don't even want to think about it now. It's over $500 each...hopefully it will go down.
I feel I'm worth the expense at the PPH too......problem is, I don't have it!! Can't live the champagne lifestyle when you're on a beer budget.......lol

That's awesome you and your daughter's are going to do that.......we loved it there!!

Hopefully they'll offer an airfare sale so you can take advantage of that. I priced our quickie Dec. trip to Disneyland and the flights were around $300 per person, round trip. I'm thinking to myself......ummmmm, for $100 more I can fly across the country! Not sure what's going on with these prices right now!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #33
RI Disney Star
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I feel I'm worth the expense at the PPH too......problem is, I don't have it!! Can't live the champagne lifestyle when you're on a beer budget.......lol

That's awesome you and your daughter's are going to do that.......we loved it there!!

Hopefully they'll offer an airfare sale so you can take advantage of that. I priced our quickie Dec. trip to Disneyland and the flights were around $300 per person, round trip. I'm thinking to myself......ummmmm, for $100 more I can fly across the country! Not sure what's going on with these prices right now!
It's a stretch for us but we are only staying 2 nights there. Let me run our tentative itinerary by you and let me know what you think....if we are trying to cram in too much.

We are flying in on Friday night, leaving here around 7 p.m. arriving around 11 there, staying at a hotel by the airport. Saturday morning moving over to Paradise Pier, checking in if we can and going to the parks. Sunday and Monday will be days at the parks.

After closing on Monday driving to San Diego, checking into cheap Holiday Inn Express. Tuesday and Wednesday going to Sea World and San Diego Zoo. Thursday is reserved for either going to the zoo's zoofari or hanging at the beach. Friday morning driving back to Pasadena and staying with my cousin. If we decide we need more time in Disney we could go back on Friday. Planning on spending Saturday with my cousins family and flying on the redeye at 11 p.m.

Phew....sounds like a lot when you write it down.

Happy New Year TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212814

WDW - 1978 Fort Wilderness, 1991 Caribbean Beach Resort, 1998 Port Orleans, 2008 All Star Sports, 2009 Off Site, 2011 Off Site, 2012 Coronado Springs Resort

Disneyland - 1967, 2014 Paradise Pier
RI Disney Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #34
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI Disney Star View Post
It's a stretch for us but we are only staying 2 nights there. Let me run our tentative itinerary by you and let me know what you think....if we are trying to cram in too much.

We are flying in on Friday night, leaving here around 7 p.m. arriving around 11 there, staying at a hotel by the airport. Saturday morning moving over to Paradise Pier, checking in if we can and going to the parks. Sunday and Monday will be days at the parks.

After closing on Monday driving to San Diego, checking into cheap Holiday Inn Express. Tuesday and Wednesday going to Sea World and San Diego Zoo. Thursday is reserved for either going to the zoo's zoofari or hanging at the beach. Friday morning driving back to Pasadena and staying with my cousin. If we decide we need more time in Disney we could go back on Friday. Planning on spending Saturday with my cousins family and flying on the redeye at 11 p.m.

Phew....sounds like a lot when you write it down.
3 days in the park will work........everything is within walking distance, so you can bop back & forth between Disneyland & DCA (Disney's California Adventure). Going in January.....the crowds shouldn't be horrible (you did say January right?).

We've never made it down to San Diego yet but allowing 2 days to do Sea World & the Zoo is a good plan.....both are huge from what I hear. I think saving the 3rd day to just relax at the beach or even look around the area sounds like a good idea. Cramming each day with stuff tends to wear you down and people start getting cranky (especially with each other).....lol
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

Old 08-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #35
6Smiles
DIS Veteran

Hi Laurie -
So excited your WDW trip is on with your DH. A well deserving break, alone time and time to relax and refresh. It looks like an awesome adventure.

Kris
Old 08-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #36
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Smiles View Post
Hi Laurie -
So excited your WDW trip is on with your DH. A well deserving break, alone time and time to relax and refresh. It looks like an awesome adventure.

Kris
Hi Kris!!!!

How's school going?? Are you done at this point? Any Disney trips in the works?

Mike & I are very excited about this trip.....even though it will be short.......it still will give us a taste of WDW and time for us to let our guards down & relax!

Old 08-19-2013, 10:44 PM   #37
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Ah, I saw your post on Chele's Pre Trip and your October quickie link intrigued me

So glad you are getting to finally go to WDW even if only for a few days. You and Mike are going have so much fun!!!

No FP needed for illuminations

Great Dining choices. Hope you get a great waitress or waiter at 50s Prime time. That is our fav place and 2 trips ago,I managed to get myself in "trouble" there
Old 08-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #38
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Ah, I saw your post on Chele's Pre Trip and your October quickie link intrigued me

So glad you are getting to finally go to WDW even if only for a few days. You and Mike are going have so much fun!!!

No FP needed for illuminations

Great Dining choices. Hope you get a great waitress or waiter at 50s Prime time. That is our fav place and 2 trips ago,I managed to get myself in "trouble" there
Hey Kelly!!

Good to know on Illuminations......I'm not sure where I had read that.....I think it had to do with the testing of the fastpass+........but who knows, I may have totally misunderstood.

I've heard that on occasion, people have gotten a wait person that wasn't playful with them......the whole reason people go there is for the witty banter and being made to feel special. So I really hope we good a good one! I'm sure I can get in trouble too.......

Old 08-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #39
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Just subscribed! So excited to see you're able to make a quick trip! As long as you're not expecting Disneyland, you will have a great time! I haven't read everyone elses comments yet, so I am sorry if someone has mentioned any of these already:

I recommend the Pot Roast at Liberty Tree Tavern, as it is delicious! And the Toffee Cake is so good! Also, skip Pirates, it's so much shorter than DL's and kinda disappointing. And when you're ready for a little rest, hop on the People Mover. Nice and relaxing, and there's a bit of a breeze that is refreshing with the heat.

Try your best to do Rock N Roller Coaster and Everest! Definitely worth it!

For Illuminations we sat in front of the Mexican Pavilion under a tree, and it was a pretty great view from there, and not too busy. We got there about an hour early.

Anyways, there's a few things we had picked out from our trip. I am sure you guys will have an amazing time! Excited for you!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #40
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I'm here!!

No POTC???

It all looks great to me. I am with Mike about eating your way around the world. So many god foods to check out!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #41
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Just subscribed! So excited to see you're able to make a quick trip! As long as you're not expecting Disneyland, you will have a great time! I haven't read everyone elses comments yet, so I am sorry if someone has mentioned any of these already:

I recommend the Pot Roast at Liberty Tree Tavern, as it is delicious! And the Toffee Cake is so good! Also, skip Pirates, it's so much shorter than DL's and kinda disappointing. And when you're ready for a little rest, hop on the People Mover. Nice and relaxing, and there's a bit of a breeze that is refreshing with the heat.

Try your best to do Rock N Roller Coaster and Everest! Definitely worth it!

For Illuminations we sat in front of the Mexican Pavilion under a tree, and it was a pretty great view from there, and not too busy. We got there about an hour early.

Anyways, there's a few things we had picked out from our trip. I am sure you guys will have an amazing time! Excited for you!
No, I'm not expecting Disneyland.....that I do remember from all my research from last year. Our plans on rides is to do ones we can't do at DL. We are "repeating" a couple~~Haunted Mansion, Splash Mtn & BTMRR. We hadn't planned on doing POTC unless we have lots of spare time. Fantasyland rides might be done during the party but we'll just play that by ear.

Expedition Everest is one of the reasons to go to AK.....so we'll do that one for sure.......Rock-n-Roller Coaster has me a bit nervous......The last few trips I've skipped California Screamin because my nerves are pretty shot while riding it......so with this having more loops & corkscrews (which I've never done).....and being in the dark (so I can't prepare myself ahead of time)......I'm just not sure I can do it. Mike already said no. So depending on wait time (or if we can get a FP) and depending on how I'm feeling.....this one is up in the air.

Thank you for giving me a less crowded place to watch Illuminations! I just want to be able to breathe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I'm here!!

No POTC???

It all looks great to me. I am with Mike about eating your way around the world. So many god foods to check out!
POTC~~ See above......lol

Good food choices already withOUT the Food & Wine going on......so adding that in......I'm sure we won't go hungry that day! FOOD COMA!

Old 08-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #42
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
No, I'm not expecting Disneyland.....that I do remember from all my research from last year. Our plans on rides is to do ones we can't do at DL. We are "repeating" a couple~~Haunted Mansion, Splash Mtn & BTMRR. We hadn't planned on doing POTC unless we have lots of spare time. Fantasyland rides might be done during the party but we'll just play that by ear.

Expedition Everest is one of the reasons to go to AK.....so we'll do that one for sure.......Rock-n-Roller Coaster has me a bit nervous......The last few trips I've skipped California Screamin because my nerves are pretty shot while riding it......so with this having more loops & corkscrews (which I've never done).....and being in the dark (so I can't prepare myself ahead of time)......I'm just not sure I can do it. Mike already said no. So depending on wait time (or if we can get a FP) and depending on how I'm feeling.....this one is up in the air.

Thank you for giving me a less crowded place to watch Illuminations! I just want to be able to breathe.

POTC~~ See above......lol

Good food choices already withOUT the Food & Wine going on......so adding that in......I'm sure we won't go hungry that day! FOOD COMA!
Pirates would be a have to with me. I love that ride. My newlywed wed nephew and his wife may be joining us on our trip in January. Neither of them have gone since the early 1990's.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #43
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Pirates would be a have to with me. I love that ride. My newlywed wed nephew and his wife may be joining us on our trip in January. Neither of them have gone since the early 1990's.
I love the ride, but knowing it's shorter (which means stuff will be missing) and only having the 1 day at MK.......I just had to wean out things........ I also knew I'd be riding the original a couple months later in DL!! (and now I've heard I won't be riding my favorite ride~BTMRR......stupid regulations delaying the opening.....heavy sigh)

Old 08-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #44
kaoden39
Hugs

Okie dokie!
Old 08-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #45
6Smiles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Kris!!!!

How's school going?? Are you done at this point? Any Disney trips in the works?

Mike & I are very excited about this trip.....even though it will be short.......it still will give us a taste of WDW and time for us to let our guards down & relax!

Laurie -

I graduated a few days ago with my Bachelor of Science in Nursing and am now studying to take the Boards. We had to cancel our trip next month but will be going to Pennsylvania for a family reunion and are rescheduling for March and/or September/October. I am determined to go at Halloween time though I haven't made it there yet!

Relaxation with kids is possible, its just a different kind. We have had a rough year and was hoping the trip would come to fruition but PA will be a nice change of pace. We are looking to take off just one day to go exploring with just our kids.

I found your Facebook and email info the other day so I will attempt to friend you.

Kris

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: