Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
ashleydoesdcp1992
Earning My Ears

DCP--Disney Event Planning

I start the program on August 12th, and I know that this program is a great way to get your foot in the door with Disney. I currently work as in event coordinator for my place of employment now and would love to get a chance to see how Disney does it, maybe even see one at work. I've read lots of stories of Behind the scenes, after hours personal events at Disney that make my head spin with excitement and would love to work on events like that. Anyone know who I can talk to or maybe an idea of where I can go to express interest while I am there?
ashleydoesdcp1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:06 AM   #2
ibaw
Earning My Ears

Sent you a message
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #3
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Keep your record card clean and apply for a Professional Internship. The application for Jan 2014 to June will be posted in late aug. There are several event planning related internships that are for CP alumni only.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 07-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
AliSW
\

I have a question, I forgot what exactly it said when I applied for the fall but do you put your cumulative GPA? because mine is a 2.9 and I feel like it'll automatically kick me out even though there is no requirement. also because my major specific gpa is above a 3 but I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to put that.
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
eadavis
Mickey is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliSW View Post
I have a question, I forgot what exactly it said when I applied for the fall but do you put your cumulative GPA? because mine is a 2.9 and I feel like it'll automatically kick me out even though there is no requirement. also because my major specific gpa is above a 3 but I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to put that.
Cumulative would be all of your courses. If/when you get to the interview stage, be sure to mention that your in-major exceeds a 3. The last thing you want to do is misrepresent yourself.
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
AliSW
\

of course! So if they ask for cumulative should I say in the interview I do have above a 3 for my major or just not say anything because it would bring attention to the fact I have a bad cumulative GPA?
Old 07-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #7
eadavis
Mickey is my Homeboy

Quote:
of course! So if they ask for cumulative should I say in the interview I do have above a 3 for my major or just not say anything because it would bring attention to the fact I have a bad cumulative GPA?
If GPA comes up (never did in my interview), say something like "my cumulative GPA is XX, however, I've taken a step back and have been asserting myself more and have been able to achieve a XX In-major GPA, excelling in courses like XX, YY, and ZZZ"

Its like the cliche interview question when they ask you to talk about a weakness. Talk about it briefly, but expand on how you've been working in that area and have been developing new strengths...
Old 07-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #8
AliSW
\

ok awesome thanks!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #9
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Wait, when you say gpa do you mean from hs or college/culinary school? Cause my Hs gpa sucks (like a 2.0), but I'm sure my culinary gpa will be good, cause I'm planning on doing the culinary program.
Cicero10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #10
eadavis
Mickey is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero10 View Post
Wait, when you say gpa do you mean from hs or college/culinary school? Cause my Hs gpa sucks (like a 2.0), but I'm sure my culinary gpa will be good, cause I'm planning on doing the culinary program.
College GPA, you're applying for a college internship...
Old 08-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #11
AliSW
\

I have a random question about event planning PIs.
I remember hearing that for one of them they don't look at you unless you put it as your #1 but was that park event operations or college program event planning?
Old 08-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #12
eadavis
Mickey is my Homeboy

Quote:
I have a random question about event planning PIs.
I remember hearing that for one of them they don't look at you unless you put it as your #1 but was that park event operations or college program event planning?
You never know, the only person that can definitively confirm that is the manager responsible for the hiring. If you are interviewing for a role that isn't your #1, you better have a great story or explanation.

Would you want to hire someone who didn't really want to work in your department?
Old 08-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #13
AliSW
\

Ok. I just meant like in your top 3 choices of the internships you selected it should be your first. of course you'd be happy with any of the top 3!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #14
eadavis
Mickey is my Homeboy

Quote:
Ok. I just meant like in your top 3 choices of the internships you selected it should be your first. of course you'd be happy with any of the top 3!
Absolutely, but still be prepared if you make it to the interview to explain why the role is/isn't your number 1 choice.

Tags
college, dcp, disney college program, event planning, special events

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: