Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
srobinet
Mouseketeer

Looking for Pluto/Eyore suggestions welcome

I have 2 granddaughters ages 8 and 9. One loves Pluto and the other loves Eyore. I wanted to do character meals but can't find one where they both appear together. We have 3 adults and the 2 girls so can't really afford 2 character meals for 5 people.

A couple of years ago Eyore appeared at Animal Kingdom along with Winnie, Piglet and Tiger. It was really well organized there was a line for each character. Does anyone know if they still do this?

What are the best places to find Pluto and Eyore around the parks? If I can find both and know that they will get their pictures taken then we may just skip the character meals to avoid hurt feelings.
srobinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #2
Malibustyle23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by srobinet View Post
I have 2 granddaughters ages 8 and 9. One loves Pluto and the other loves Eyore. I wanted to do character meals but can't find one where they both appear together. We have 3 adults and the 2 girls so can't really afford 2 character meals for 5 people.

A couple of years ago Eyore appeared at Animal Kingdom along with Winnie, Piglet and Tiger. It was really well organized there was a line for each character. Does anyone know if they still do this?

What are the best places to find Pluto and Eyore around the parks? If I can find both and know that they will get their pictures taken then we may just skip the character meals to avoid hurt feelings.
As far as I know Eeyore is no longer a meet and greet character except as a character meal at Crystal Palace in MK. Although Pluto does not appear there I think he is a meet and greet character available in every park but you can find more information at http://kennythepirate.com/disney-wor...ter-schedules/ Good luck!
Malibustyle23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
sb682
DIS Veteran

I would do the Crystal Palace in MK so you can meet Eeyore, and find Pluto somewhere else in the parks. The wait for Character Spot in Epcot was very short when we were there, and we were able to see Pluto, Minnie and Mickey in about 15 minutes. I am sure the girls will understand that you're doing the Pooh character meal because that's the only way to see Eeyore and no one will feel put out.
sb682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
honeybunches
That sounds like a cat poster, but it's true

The only place I remember seeing Pluto was at the GG in Epcot.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

I also wanted to throw out that breakfast and lunch at Crystal Palace cost significantly less than dinner. For whatever reason, it makes a huge jump in cost. So if your budget is tight, don't pick dinner.

Pluto is MUCH easier to meet than Eeyore - no need to schedule a character meal.
As far as I know, he meets in all 4 parks:
MK - by the flag pole in Town Square - near Marie but a separate line
Epcot - the character spot (With Mickey and Minnie)
AK - Dinoland with Goofy
DHS - in front of the Sorcerer's Hat

I would either go to the character spot or line up at MK just before he is due to come out in the afternoon.

SmallWorld71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #6
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunches View Post
The only place I remember seeing Pluto was at the GG in Epcot.
He is also at Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #7
srobinet
Mouseketeer

Is Pluto there at breakfast or dinner? Is it part of regular dining reservation or extra character meal?
Old 08-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #8
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by srobinet View Post
Is Pluto there at breakfast or dinner? Is it part of regular dining reservation or extra character meal?
Pluto is at Chef Mickey's (along w/ Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald) at breakfast and dinner. (This is at the Contemporary and is buffet)

Pluto is at 'Ohana (along w/ Mickey, Lilo and Stitch) for breakfast only. Dinner does not have any characters. (This is at the Polynesian and is served family style)

I would definitely recommend kennythepirate as another poster suggested. He has the most up to date character info. I've seen and it will give you a great idea of who is where. My kids and I used his site for our trip in April to decide which characters we wanted to meet.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #9
srobinet
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much information will definitely come in handy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: