DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
thedude
Earning My Ears

Selling DVC Membership...FSBO vs. Agent

I am looking to sell my DVC membership and the 10% an agent would charge is a lot of cash. Curious to hear from folks who have sold it themselves rather than using an agent.

Thanks for the responses.

Last edited by thedude; 08-12-2013 at 11:30 AM.
thedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
I am looking to sell my DVC membership and the 10% an agent would charge is a lot of cash. Curious to hear from folks who have sold it themselves rather than using an agent.

If you already have a buyer in mind, you can do it easily. If you have to find a buyer, it can be more difficult. But right now, it is a seller's market, so you might be lucky. You still have to do ROFR even if you sell it yourself. So if you sell it too low, Disney might buy it right out from under your best friend who wanted those points.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:

Depending on the size of your contract and the resort you may be able to sell at such good price that the 10% commission would be easier to stand. As mentioned before this is definatey a seller's market and resale prices are quite high. It may be worth looking into so you don't have to handle it yourself.

Smaller contracts are highly desirable. Just recently someone here sold a small BLT for the highest resale price the agency ever handled.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #4
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub View Post
Just recently someone here sold a small BLT for the highest resale price the agency ever handled.
Can I ask how much it was per point?

Best Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #5
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Aunt View Post
Can I ask how much it was per point?
I believe it was 32 BLT points for $120pp.

That thread is on page 2 titled "Holy Cow, that was fast....."
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:

From what I've seen FSBO normally sell for less than through a broker. You might still net more but not as much as you're thinking. This method works best when selling to family/friends/acquaintances.
Most agencies will sell on a non exclusive basis. Basically if they sell it they get the commission, if you sell it, they don't. Just be sure to follow the rules in place on notification so you don't end up selling it yourself and having to pay the commissions both. There has been at least once instance where it appeared that the broker came up with a seller just at the wrong time and some thought far too conveniently.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I look at eBay regularly. I see lots of people do, you can tell by the counters many have. I cannot promise more, but an option. I have seen on listings a wider variety then ever. I got an email add the other day with SSR ranging from 65$ to 90$ . I think if you know what you want you can list it too, and only pay commission if they sell it.

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: