Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Dis Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #16
pieface
Mouseketeer

Hi live in Jarrettsville 's and have been to Disney 52 times not a D.V.C. member. Love the Poly stayed there but a little to expensive for me to stay there since I have retired. Love to stay at French quarter wonderful resort be there again October 14. Magic kingdom is my favorite park but rock roll roller coaster is my favorite ride.

I am a true Disney addict we went there on our honeymoon in 1972 and feel in love with the place. I even have a Mickey tattoo on my forearm.
pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:03 AM   #17
Lsdolphin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3boyz View Post
Oh MY!! When was this fire? This makes me nervous, for certain. I am NO fan of bridges, and my husband and I are headed to Georgetown, DE for the weekend.

Trying to think ahead to HAPPIER thoughts, there's an annual USO show on the first Friday evening of October, followed by a show called "Wings and Wheels" that features vintage aircraft and cars. Sometimes the B-25 bomber 'Panchito' (hangared at Georgetown) gives rides. It is way too cool! I'm too claustrophobic to crawl into the gunner's area in the nose, but all of our boys did that at one point or another before they grew to be too large to fit comfortably!

Ok, back to reality. Maybe I can find a different route to get to the Eastern Shore that does not involve the Bay Bridge!!

Deb

Sunday just before 6pm
Lsdolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #18
alhrtache
Earning My Ears

We are! We live in Linthicum Heights, right by BWI airport. I have been to WDW seven times, three times with DH and my son (8) and daughter (5). We are going to be there Nov. 10-17 this year and are staying at Coronado Springs. My favorite resort is POR. We wanted to stay at the Polynesian this trip but DH is a CPA and once he crunched the numbers, he changed his mind! As far as favorite ride, it's either Pirates of the Caribbean or Peter Pan's Flight.

We are hoping to check out DVC while we are there this trip. From what we have learned, it makes a lot of sense for us to do it.

Where are you in Pasadena?
alhrtache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:41 AM   #19
scrapbooksellman
Mouseketeer

We live in Columbia, MD. We have been twice for week long stays and for a one day trip this past August to check out the new fantasyland.

We are returning in February 2014.
scrapbooksellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #20
Lsdolphin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbooksellman View Post
We live in Columbia, MD. We have been twice for week long stays and for a one day trip this past August to check out the new fantasyland.

We are returning in February 2014.
My brother and his family live in Columbia area actually Woodstock near Eliicott City.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #21
Ravens girl
Earning My Ears

Another Marylander here. We are in Severn. We have been 9 times and will be making our 10th trip in early December. 26 days to go! We have stayed at Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Beach Club once each. We usually stay at POR, love it there. Favorite park is Epcot. Favorite ride is a tie between Rockin Roller-coaster and Mission Space.
Does anyone else drive down? We really like having our own transportation.

I'd say "Go Ravens" but it's been a very disappointing year. Sigh
Old 11-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #22
Lsdolphin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens girl View Post
Another Marylander here. We are in Severn. We have been 9 times and will be making our 10th trip in early December. 26 days to go! We have stayed at Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Beach Club once each. We usually stay at POR, love it there. Favorite park is Epcot. Favorite ride is a tie between Rockin Roller-coaster and Mission Space.
Does anyone else drive down? We really like having our own transportation.

I'd say "Go Ravens" but it's been a very disappointing year. Sigh
We always drive to Baltimore and fly AirTran or Southwest. Have been thinking about driving but i would have to do all the driving. How long does it take you to get there?
Old 11-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #23
Ravens girl
Earning My Ears

It usually takes us about 15 hours. We stop for coffee, gas and bathroom breaks. I pack meals for the trip.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #24
SingingMUA
Mouseketeer

I'm late to the party...

but we live in Gaithersburg. About 5 minutes from the Kentlands, for the person who posted about living there!

We try to go down to WDW twice a year, and just went on our first Disney cruise in September.

We didn't think that we were gonna be able to make a trip down for my birthday this year (next week) because of the cruise, but we just got a decent deal on a VERY quick (2 night) trip at one of the DTD hotels.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #25
carriemd
Mouseketeer

Last edited by carriemd; 02-19-2014 at 04:12 PM.
carriemd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #26
jetdoctor
Earning My Ears

I'm from Dundalk just moved to Orlando 3 weeks ago. I go to Disney once a week here today for Christmas crazy busy.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-11-2014, 10:27 PM   #27
MonorailCentral
Dreamer

Near Taneytown here. Usually try to go down a couple of times a year, if we can.
MonorailCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:22 PM   #28
Mickeymtg69
Earning My Ears

Tattoo's

Love Mickey Tattoo's. Even have the castle with a hidden Mickey.
Mickeymtg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:05 PM   #29
EasternShoreGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonorailCentral View Post
Near Taneytown here. Usually try to go down a couple of times a year, if we can.
Howdy neighbor! Finksburg here. Can you believe there is even a town by that name???

We are DVC members with points at SSR and BCV. Too many visits to count...in excess of 30. DH, DD(16) and I usually do at least one long summer trip and a long weekend if we can swing it and I usually go for at least one long weekend with the girls.

Favorite resort BCV, although we have stayed at Poly, GF, BWI, BWV, ASM, AKV at Jambo, SSR, the old Dixie landings and WL. Even did the cruise once. We just love the convenience of walking to Epcot and HS.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:30 PM   #30
kaelarad
DIS Veteran

We live in Columbia...We are DVC members but had a love of all things Disney before. I love staying at the Boardwalk or Carribean Beach. Favorite Park is Epcot, favorite ride is Big Thunder Mountain railroad and made at least 40 trips.

we are also former Oralando area residents.

After this winter would love to see a meet up planned!
kaelarad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: