Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Just changed reservation to Royal Pacific!

Hi!

A few months ago, I was very interested in Portofino Bay (looks great, great reviews) so I booked it for two nights in april...

But lately, I realized I wasn't as interested in PB than I was in A lot of Disney Resorts... Something was missing. I started checking at all the Universal Hotels and I fell in love with Royal Pacific.

I am very excited about it. I watched videos on youtube and I really think I made the right choice. My husband and I are big fans of Polynesian and AKL in Disney so I think it matches more our tastes than PB did.

Can you tell me more about RPR?

Last edited by mevelandry; 10-08-2013 at 05:49 AM.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
MEK
DIS Veteran

It's been years since I've stayed there but I remember the following:

(1) beautiful walk to the parks
(2) great atmosphere
(3) relaxing pool

The rooms have been redone since I've stayed there and they look gorgeous. Enjoy!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 02:14 AM   #3
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

I am at Rph now.
Like others will say, it is my home away from home.

Very calming atmosphere here.
Lobby is large and relaxing.
You will find quite a few peeps relaxing, reading,people watching, etc in the lobby.

There are four onsite restaurants here with a variety of menus.
You are Bound to find something that will suit your tastes.

A few shops on ground level and a gift shop that has basic snacks on the lobby level.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:13 AM   #4
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Wow!! Thank you so much.

How are the rooms? I heard mixed reviews (I admit I picked this resort for the site more than the rooms)...

And how long is the walk to citywalk and the parks?

Are the resorts very far from each other? Because I am tempted to visit them.

Is it true that you use the other resorts pools as well? (I think i read that somewhere).
Old 10-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #5
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Here's a thread for you. Notice that it starts in 2002 and goes all the way 'til now, so make sure that you realize that during the thread, the hotel gets renovated.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=272202
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #6
housemouse
Mouseketeer

We just got back Saturday night from RPH and it is an absolutely beautiful place. The grounds are gorgeous and the pool looked wonderful although we stayed on the go so much we never took the time to try it out. These are some photos I took when we first walked in. The rooms are really nice however I was a bit puzzled by how bumpy looking they left the comforter looking on the bed on the right. It never looked like that again though, so they either replaced it or figured out how to smooth it out. I didn't take any pictures of the bathroom area, but it was very nice and very clean. There is a large full length mirror on the bathroom door. Our last night there my son went into the bathroom and when he pushed the door closed the mirror fell off the door and shattered everywhere. They're glued on to the door and I guess that over time the glue just gave out. It was around midnight on our last night there and by the time it was cleaned up and we could start packing it made for a late night. It was just one of those fluke things that happen sometimes. It in no way put us off the hotel and we already have reservations to go back next year.

housemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #7
mischief32
Mouseketeer

I agree the lumps on the bed look weird. Almost like hands pushing up. Perfect for HHN
mischief32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #8
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Here's a thread for you. Notice that it starts in 2002 and goes all the way 'til now, so make sure that you realize that during the thread, the hotel gets renovated.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=272202
Thank you, I am sure I will find some questions/answers/ informations I've not thought about yet on that thread.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #9
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
We just got back Saturday night from RPH and it is an absolutely beautiful place. The grounds are gorgeous and the pool looked wonderful although we stayed on the go so much we never took the time to try it out. These are some photos I took when we first walked in. The rooms are really nice however I was a bit puzzled by how bumpy looking they left the comforter looking on the bed on the right. It never looked like that again though, so they either replaced it or figured out how to smooth it out. I didn't take any pictures of the bathroom area, but it was very nice and very clean. There is a large full length mirror on the bathroom door. Our last night there my son went into the bathroom and when he pushed the door closed the mirror fell off the door and shattered everywhere. They're glued on to the door and I guess that over time the glue just gave out. It was around midnight on our last night there and by the time it was cleaned up and we could start packing it made for a late night. It was just one of those fluke things that happen sometimes. It in no way put us off the hotel and we already have reservations to go back next year.
I admit even though the comforter doesn't look perfect, I'm pretty satisfied with what I see on your pictures (thank you so much!)

I was wondering what kind of view you had?

They sold me a "waterview" king room and I have no idea what they consider waterview. Is it good?
Old 10-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #10
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief32 View Post
I agree the lumps on the bed look weird. Almost like hands pushing up. Perfect for HHN
I've seen this in many hotels... Can't explain what makes it look like it.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #11
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Water view is normally of the water taxi waterway and theme park or pool view.

The lumps I believe are the down bunching up in their chambers.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #12
housemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevelandry View Post
I admit even though the comforter doesn't look perfect, I'm pretty satisfied with what I see on your pictures (thank you so much!)

I was wondering what kind of view you had?

They sold me a "waterview" king room and I have no idea what they consider waterview. Is it good?
We had a standard room booked. And the view was fine. Buildings and a road I could see off in the distance. But there were tons of gorgeous greenery right around the window so it was pleasant. We're never in the room long enough to care what's outside the window so I booked standard.
housemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #13
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

I asked for a king room. Maybe waterview is ll they had left? Don't care to much about the view but sometimes it's nice in the morning.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:51 AM   #14
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Two of my questions remain...

Is it true that we CAN swim in other resorts (PB, HR) pools?

Are those resorts far away from RP?
Old 10-08-2013, 06:40 AM   #15
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

It is absolutely true.

Far away? No. I would suggest looking at a satellite image of the are but in the time I've been going they have had the resorts labelled all wrong so it might not help.

Rpr is on one side of the parks, a bit of a walk away. You walk the path and enter city walk on the side with margaritaville. To get to IOA you cross the bridge over the water right there.

Hrh and pbr are on the other side of the parks and the walking path is on the parks side of the river. You come out on the Studios side.

You can walk. Take a pedi-cab. Or take a boat though going from rpr to one of the others will have you get off the boat and get in another boat line for whichever resort you are heading to. And vice versa. Hrh and pbr are much closer to each other.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: