DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
guppy1013
Mouseketeer

Length of wait for loading resale points

On 7/25 we closed and 7/26 our deed was recorded. The email said 14 to 21 days before the points were loaded, but saw on random threads people were at 9-11 days. We called at a week and the CM was very helpful and searched for our number but it wasn't in the system yet. Anyone close to our timeline? Waiting still? Share some patience with me?

July 2014: VGF/BWV split stay
Jan. 2014: AKL-KV- 1st DVC stay
2013- Purchase DVC
Dec. 2012: Swan- 1st family trip!; Dec. 2006: Dolphin; Feb. 2003: WL/ BWV; Feb. 2001: All Star Music

Many previous trips prior to meeting each other!
guppy1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Some are loaded sooner than others. You are at the mercy of Disney and direct buyers comes first.

Check back in a couple of days.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
guppy1013
Mouseketeer

Also didn't know if whatever they are updating online and w member services would have a delay. Buying resale has been relatively pain free for us. But being new to DVC we are very anxious to just get into member services and check it out. Doesn't help my sister in laws fam is there now and texting us pictures! What a tease!

2013- Purchase DVC
Dec. 2012: Swan- 1st family trip!; Dec. 2006: Dolphin; Feb. 2003: WL/ BWV; Feb. 2001: All Star Music

Old 08-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
lorie13
Mouseketeer

FYI It took ours 16 days from close.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

When we added on in the winter, it was just about 14 days.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #6
Lostboy32
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppy1013 View Post
On 7/25 we closed and 7/26 our deed was recorded. The email said 14 to 21 days before the points were loaded, but saw on random threads people were at 9-11 days. We called at a week and the CM was very helpful and searched for our number but it wasn't in the system yet. Anyone close to our timeline? Waiting still? Share some patience with me?
Brand new here... I closed 7/24 and my deed was recorded that afternoon... Im still not in the system either. Gonna give it a few more hours and call this afternoon. I will let you know when Im in. FINGERS CROSSED!

Last edited by Lostboy32; 08-05-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Lostboy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
guppy1013
Mouseketeer

Called this morning and was still not showing up. However both times I called the CM couldn't have been more helpful or pleasant. Can't wait to hear when you get yours, we "should" be right behind ya then!

2013- Purchase DVC

Old 08-05-2013, 11:21 PM   #8
JWG
DIS Veteran

Our deed was recorded 7/24 and the contract isn't loaded yet either.
So, 13 days tomorrow. No points until 8/14, so no real hurry but with a cashed check, really want to see the points deposited.

This is our first resale purchase since the rule changes of 2011.

JWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #9
Lostboy32
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppy1013 View Post
Called this morning and was still not showing up. However both times I called the CM couldn't have been more helpful or pleasant. Can't wait to hear when you get yours, we "should" be right behind ya then!
Nothing yesterday and the CM I spoke to wasnt going to help me at all until I said "Thats odd I was just connected to you by your supervisor and she was pretty clear you COULD help me" This CM actually asked for the last 4 of my SS# and I honestly dont remember my SS# being involved in any part of the process nor have I been asked that before... I have a TON of points on this contract that need to get used half by feb 28th I hope they get moving!

Old 08-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #10
Lostboy32
Earning My Ears

I was entered in the DVC computer system yesterday but they wont give me my member # They said I have to either wait for them to mail it or get it from the seller. IF they had my SS# on file they would give it to me but they do not. According to Magic Vacation Title Disney used to ask for it on the transfer form but they no longer do....

Old 08-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #11
GirlWriter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostboy32 View Post
I was entered in the DVC computer system yesterday but they wont give me my member # They said I have to either wait for them to mail it or get it from the seller. IF they had my SS# on file they would give it to me but they do not. According to Magic Vacation Title Disney used to ask for it on the transfer form but they no longer do....
Does that mean that when you buy resale the buyer gets the seller's old member #?
GirlWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #12
disneynutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlWriter View Post
Does that mean that when you buy resale the buyer gets the seller's old member #?
If they are a new buyer, yes.

Bill

Old 08-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #13
disneynutz

Quote:
We include my SSN every time we buy a contract. The last 4 of the SSN is used as a security code.

Some people feel that they don't want to give out their SSN but my understanding is that it is required on all real estate transactions by the Federal Government.

Bill

Old 08-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #14
dmunsil
Disney Uber-Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
We include my SSN every time we buy a contract. The last 4 of the SSN is used as a security code.
I called them (after I got my member #) to add my SSN, so if I ever forgot my member number I could still get access to my account, they told me they couldn't add it unless I had a loan with them, because of privacy concerns.

There was just a report from someone who added her SSN to her closing docs, yet was unable to get her member# over the phone because the SSN wasn't listed on her account. She had her title company ask why the SSN wasn't added and Disney told the title company they couldn't add the SSN unless you have a loan with them.

So I think whether or not they add your SSN (assuming you provide one) to the account is random; if the person setting up your account is a stickler for policy, they don't add it. If they aren't a stickler or don't know the policy, they fill it in. Heaven knows Disney isn't removing the SSNs once the loan is over, so it's just more random nonsense.

Several people have said they were able to get MA to add a password to their account before the account was set up, which enabled them to get their member number a few days earlier. But others have not, and have been told that Disney can't add a password until the member has their member number.
dmunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #15
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Nothing yesterday and the CM I spoke to wasnt going to help me at all until I said "Thats odd I was just connected to you by your supervisor and she was pretty clear you COULD help me" This CM actually asked for the last 4 of my SS# and I honestly dont remember my SS# being involved in any part of the process nor have I been asked that before... I have a TON of points on this contract that need to get used half by feb 28th I hope they get moving!
Wow...I am always asked for the last 4 of my SS when I call MS...if the contract is loaded, you should be able to see it in your online account which would would have the member number there..

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: