Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
dvdcrow
Earning My Ears

Magic Bands Arrived Today!

We are a family of 6 people, including 2 granddaughters who are 6 & 10 years old. We are going to Disney World for five nights during the first week of August. On Thursday, July 17th, I was asked to be a tester for the My Magic+ system, which includes the Magic Bands and FastPass+. At first, I was hesitant, because we haven't been to Disney World in 20+ years, and I didn't want this first trip for my granddaughters to be full of hassles. Plus, it seemed like a lot of advance planning would be involved with FastPass+, which I really didn't want to do. So the next day, which was Friday, I called the sales rep who had made the original offer to me, and I asked him about a million questions. He was very patient, and bottom line--- I accepted his offer. I started customizing the bands and scheduling FastPass+ reservations online that same day, and have since made several changes. Each time I change something, the online system works smoothly, and by going back in and making time changes, I've gotten passes for the rides and times that I wanted. Yes, it was time consuming, but it was not difficult. Early this morning, I received an email that the bands had been shipped, and around noontime, they arrived at my home. My son and his family also received their Magic Bands today. I was amazed at the efficient service! In the meantime, I have made several calls to IT and to the sales rep, and each time, my questions have been answered promptly and with patience. I know there are a lot of doubts and negative comments on this board about this new system, but my experience so far has been very positive. Hope our vacation goes as smoothly as this initial process has. Will let you know when we return.
dvdcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
Mac4life30
DIS Veteran

Awesome!! Enjoy!!

I cant wait to get my bands!

Mac4life30 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #3
abismommy
A veteran traveler, Newbie Mommy to a Princess

Got mine too!

I signed in Sunday and saw my offer too. I got my email this afternoon, but my Magic Bands came this am. So excited! I made my FP+ ressies and changes also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdcrow View Post
We are a family of 6 people, including 2 granddaughters who are 6 & 10 years old. We are going to Disney World for five nights during the first week of August. On Thursday, July 17th, I was asked to be a tester for the My Magic+ system, which includes the Magic Bands and FastPass+. At first, I was hesitant, because we haven't been to Disney World in 20+ years, and I didn't want this first trip for my granddaughters to be full of hassles. Plus, it seemed like a lot of advance planning would be involved with FastPass+, which I really didn't want to do. So the next day, which was Friday, I called the sales rep who had made the original offer to me, and I asked him about a million questions. He was very patient, and bottom line--- I accepted his offer. I started customizing the bands and scheduling FastPass+ reservations online that same day, and have since made several changes. Each time I change something, the online system works smoothly, and by going back in and making time changes, I've gotten passes for the rides and times that I wanted. Yes, it was time consuming, but it was not difficult. Early this morning, I received an email that the bands had been shipped, and around noontime, they arrived at my home. My son and his family also received their Magic Bands today. I was amazed at the efficient service! In the meantime, I have made several calls to IT and to the sales rep, and each time, my questions have been answered promptly and with patience. I know there are a lot of doubts and negative comments on this board about this new system, but my experience so far has been very positive. Hope our vacation goes as smoothly as this initial process has. Will let you know when we return.
abismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
dade1975
Earning My Ears

Nice

Very nice
dade1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Awesome!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
jocotter
Mouseketeer

I was offered magic bands today. I entered our fast pass plus choices, but I wonder about the bands. We will have 2 adults and five children ranging from 2 to 10. I'm afraid they will lose them or find them annoying to wear. How likely are they to fall off? They sound nice for adults, but I wonder about children. Has anyone used them?
jocotter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: