Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
refinnejb
Earning My Ears

hotel?

any recommendations for best good-neighbor hotel in walking distance to Disneyland. I have two lil kiddos with short legs still A 1yr old and 5yr. Thanks
refinnejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
AZlady
DIS Veteran

Candy cane inn. Short walk ( not the shortest) , and a free shuttle.
Lots of reviews on these boards
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #3
Cheshirecatty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by refinnejb View Post
any recommendations for best good-neighbor hotel in walking distance to Disneyland. I have two lil kiddos with short legs still A 1yr old and 5yr. Thanks
I don't know if it's the best, but the walk from the Best Western Park Place Inn is pretty much the shortest walk.
Cheshirecatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #4
lsulindy
DIS Veteran

We were happy at the Desert Inn and Suites. Cheap, clean, and super close. Right across the street from the pedestrian park entrance.

A few trips as a kid, first in 1979 last in 1991.
Trips with dh and our kids:
April/May 2008 - Buena Vista Suites
March 2011 - Windsor Palms
February 2013 - Disneyland!! TR in progress!

lsulindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #5
Minnie Loves Mickey
We Love Disney!!!

Another vote for Candy Cane Inn.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:29 AM   #6
Dot2Vegas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by refinnejb
Candy Cane Inn is our favorite! Clean and close. It has a free shuttle, free breakfast and free parking. We've also stayed at the Del Sol. Even closer than Candy Cane, almost right across the street. It's also generally cheaper than Candy Cane. But its very bare bones. A clean place to sleep, not nearly as much charm as the Candy Cane Inn. They offer a minimal free breakfast and no free parking.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #7
Disneyland1084
OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
I'm not going to let that chickenhead nugget bother me
HEY!! Where is everyone?

I've never stayed at either, but do know that the Tropicana Inn and Best Western Park Place Inn are directly across the street. I've stayed at Howard Johnson before and loved it, and will be staying there again next month. It's not as close as the others, but close enough. Good luck on deciding.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:22 AM   #8
goooof1
Mouseketeer

CCI has a free shuttle and is about a 10 minute walk if you don't use the shuttle. The closest place is BWPPI, right at the crosswalk. Can't go wrong at either place.
goooof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #9
Mama Who
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland1084 View Post
I've never stayed at either, but do know that the Tropicana Inn and Best Western Park Place Inn are directly across the street. I've stayed at Howard Johnson before and loved it, and will be staying there again next month. It's not as close as the others, but close enough. Good luck on deciding.
I've stayed at both and liked them. The CCI is quite a bit farther at the end of a long day and while there is a shuttle, two small kids and a stroller to fold is not my idea of a good time. I'd stay closer.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

We really like CCI. I'm assuming you will have a stroller? The walk to CCI is really not bad at all for an adult..........and to me a bonus was not having to cross over Harbor. We also really like Ramada Maingate. Both of these hotels do NOT charge for parking. They both also have a free breakfast. CCI has a lot more options for breakfast then Ramada. Happy planning!
crystal1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #11
NiceOneSimba
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland1084 View Post
We've stayed at both, and they're both fine. We had a mini-suite at the BWPPI (which isn't a suite at all, just a bigger room) and appreciated the extra space. The breakfast was better there, too. We didn't use the pool at the Tropicana, but t looked bigger and nicer than the BWPPI, if that's a factor. But, honestly, I'd stay either place again, with the slight edge to BWPPI.

I am imagining that you will be coming back to the hotel for nap time for the littlest one. We did that both trips, and it was so nice being right there at the crosswalk.
WDW Trips: 11/1978 DLR Trips: 7/1988 (first visit!), 7/1991, 4/2008 (with students) Anabella, 4/2011 (with students) Anabella, 9/2011 (DD's first trip!) BWPPI, 8/2012 Tropicana, 1/18-20/2014 (Tink Half Marathon) BWPPI, 1/29-2/2/2014 (DD's 5th birthday surprise!) DI&S
Upcoming: Innaugural Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend (Rebel Challenge) DI&S
NiceOneSimba is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: