Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #1
miafelix
Earning My Ears

Disneyworld must Do's

Hello All,

My husband and I are going to Disney world in less than a Month for our 1yr marriage anniversary!!!! Wahooo super excited! I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for nice dinners. I want to be able to have a night out at a great restaurant but I don't know where! Any recommendations would be great or even anything we should do while there.
Thanks!
miafelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
WildReekies
Mouseketeer

I haven't been there yet but I'd suggest checking out the signature dinning. We are getting the ddp just to have an excuse to try one of these yummy looking restaurants
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
Pumpkin01
Earning My Ears

I would suggest Cinderella's Royal Table or Be Our Guest. There are so many others to choose from, but those two really stand out as special. Check the Disney website and read about all of the different restaurants. Have a magical time!!!
Pumpkin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
LonandChaCha
Earning My Ears

I'm not sure what "great" means to you, but to us, it's a restaurant with delicious food and a lot of it! If that's your style, Boma's at AKL has amazing food, tons of it, tons of desserts, so many foods it's hard to try everything. However, this is not a romantic, quiet place to eat. It's a buffet style, themed restaurant. But the food is just awesome!!
LonandChaCha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
BelleLulu
Earning My Ears

There are so many options. Is price a factor? Type of food. The Signature Dining locations are often used as a guide, but can be expensive.

Give us a few more details OR scan through a few of the Dining reports to get an idea of the type of food and ambiance.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
shanlovesdisney
Earning My Ears

Ohana is always a favorite. Great food and always fun. Hoop de doo revue is also great for a fun dinner show. Le cellier is great for something fancier. Those three are my favorites. I haven't been to a restaurant I have disliked in disney. Most of the food is great. Have fun !
shanlovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #7
wendydarling826
I thought mine was the only crazy family
I will do anything to avoid housework, but when I have a podcast to listen to, I can whistle while I work

Our favorites for a special dinner are the Yachtsman Steakhouse and Citricos. This year we are going to try Narcoosees for the first time too.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #8
PosadaGirl519
Mouseketeer

We are foodies and wanted to splurge on our weddingmoon. We ate at the chef's table in Victoria & Alberts. It was an AMAZING experience! Another favorite is the Hollywood Brown Derby in DHS because of the awesome food and fun atmosphere. We loved the Garden Grill in EPCOT as a character meal. And the resort restaurants are less crowded and very delicious. We loved Olivias and the Maya Grill.

March 1985 OP
, March 1988 OP, March 1991 OP, Christmas 1993 OP, January 1999 OP, March 2005 OP, August 2008 AllSS, May 2009 '29th Birthday Celebration' POR, December 2009 'Fairy Tale Wedding' AKL, November 2011 'Quinn's 1st Birthday' SSTHV , March 2013 'Kennedy's 1st Birthday' BWV, October 2013 'Cary's 35th Birthday Present'
PosadaGirl519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:01 AM   #9
blackmamba10000
Mouseketeer

There are a ton of good options! So I think you will find it hard to go wrong! Some of my favorites include:
Victoria and Alberts
Flying fish cafe
Boma's
Jiko's
CRT ( mostly for the experience, not the food)
blackmamba10000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:06 AM   #10
blackmamba10000
Mouseketeer

Going off my original post....

Flying fish is right on the boardwalk too. So after you eat, you can stroll around and experience all the entertainment and shops. It does make for a romantic evening. And you can always catch the boat back to EPCOT to watch illuminations fireworks.
blackmamba10000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:18 AM   #11
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Getting ressies at this point could be real tricky. I wouldnt get set on any particular meal but I would start looking now at setting up something for your trip. Dining in WDW has become hugely popular, esp. with the free dining plan which has IMO caused a lot of times to be gobbled up, esp. at signature restaurants. Im not trying to be a naysayer, just realistic.

WDW website will allow you to input your dates and it wont hurt to try for a place you really want. But be flexible at this point, and have a few back up ideas and you will find someplace special.

Places I would consider that would fit this category, for a romantic night, San Angel Inn, good food, great atmosphere, Ohana for dinner, Rose and Crown, Biergarten, good food though you may be seated with others, but you can still make it special. Le Cellier for food and atmosphere. Boma for food though it isnt romantic IMO. Nine Dragons is good typically not crowded. Artist Point is another meal that can be different but good, and in a beautiful setting of a resort.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #12
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

We had a great meal/time @ YSH. Here is my review & pics:

http://yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blo...se-review.html

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Disney's Beignet review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #13
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Victoria & Abert's is obviously in a class by itself.

Then there are the Swan & Dolphin restaurants:
Shula's (steak)
Il Mulino (Italian)
Bluezoo (seafood)

Then there are Disney operated signature restaurants. Of the ones available during your trip, I really like Artist Point, Jiko, Flying Fish, and Citricos (California Grill is also high on my list but it is being renovated).

All of the above should be good choices.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: