Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
WDW Obsessed
Mouseketeer

Daughter's 4th birthday!

So we are heading to Disney a week after my daughter's birthday and was wondering what others have done birthday wise while AT Disney!? I'm looking for tips and ideas. I know she's only 4 but this is her "umpth-teen" time to Disney. I want something "special" for her!!

Any ideas on what the resort or park "could" do for us? I thought I heard about a meet and greet at your room. Is this still available? Maybe a wake up call or something by a cast member dressed as any princess? How would I go about doing this?
WDW Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
sb682
DIS Veteran

I think if you're staying on-property, the front desk can arrange for one of the characters to "call" and wish her happy birthday (a recording). I would get a Happy Birthday button for her and have her wear it every day, as well as noting her birthday on any ADRs. Supposedly they've cut way back on birthday stuff since everyone and their mother is celebrating something when they go to Disney now. I've been researching it (we are taking our son for his 4th birthday, too!) and the general advice is to plan on getting nothing, and everything will be a nice bonus.

You can order a birthday cake for her and it can be served at a TS restaurant. There is a Cake Chatter thread in the Restaurants forum that has more info. Some restaurants give free cupcakes, but I'm not positive which ones do it.

We are staying off-property in a suite, so I am decorating the dining room/living room after he goes to bed the night before. I'm packing some banners, plates and napkins, and maybe a tablecloth and some confetti. I'll probably get some cupcakes or a small cake from Publix and we'll have them after dinner. He'll also get a couple presents to unwrap that day, too, although the trip is his real present. We don't do many TS meals (one or two each trip) so we are doing a character breakfast on his birthday and then going to MK since it's his favorite park.

Hoping someone else has some cute ideas, I'd love some inspiration!
sb682 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
WDW Obsessed
Mouseketeer

Great tip on expecting nothing and hoping pops up.

I'd say with the amount of time we spent there last year(the equivalent of a month) we should get something small. I'm not expecting anything, but a little "something" would be GREATLY appreciated.

I like the cake idea. I'd LOVE to see her face if say Tinkerbell dropped it off. LOL
WDW Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
sb682
DIS Veteran

I really doubt that would happen unless you're a VIP! A Tinkerbell cake could still be a great surprise, though.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
paisleysmommy
Earning My Ears

I've also learned to casually mention your child's birthday to cast members at the park. We did that this past April and we managed to get our 2 year old little girl 5 special alone minutes with Merida (my daughters favorite princess) before the meet and greet. The cast member disappeared and then came back saying Mickey arranged a special birthday gift for her and took us through the gate. It was amazing. We also managed to get a bunch of extra fast passes from another cast member and at Cinderellas royal table they gave us our daughters meal for free. We got lots of pixie dust that vacation.
paisleysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #6
sb682
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleysmommy View Post
I've also learned to casually mention your child's birthday to cast members at the park. We did that this past April and we managed to get our 2 year old little girl 5 special alone minutes with Merida (my daughters favorite princess) before the meet and greet. The cast member disappeared and then came back saying Mickey arranged a special birthday gift for her and took us through the gate. It was amazing. We also managed to get a bunch of extra fast passes from another cast member and at Cinderellas royal table they gave us our daughters meal for free. We got lots of pixie dust that vacation.
Awesome! I'm sure DS will tell everyone he meets it's his birthday (that's how he rolls) but I'll bring it up, too. Maybe I should get him a birthday shirt from Etsy or make one.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #7
paisleysmommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb682 View Post

Awesome! I'm sure DS will tell everyone he meets it's his birthday (that's how he rolls) but I'll bring it up, too. Maybe I should get him a birthday shirt from Etsy or make one.
That's what my little girl did. She told every character that we met that it was her birthday. When they do that the characters tend to make a big deal about it.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #8
expeditioneverestgrl
DIS Veteran

So we went for my 12th bday and we were getting fast passes for my family of five for space mountain and we got three extra rides!
I also got cake at 2 different restaurants (Cinderellas Royal Table and 1900 Park Fare) then I got a bday card with all signatures from the characters at crystal palace in magic kingdom. Also get her a birthday pin bc everyone will tell u happy bday. Disney makes ur bday special I had a gr8 time!!
Old 07-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
very nice the other things but at that age she would have been free for the meal...birthday or not

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #10
paisleysmommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post

very nice the other things but at that age she would have been free for the meal...birthday or not
She would be free if we shared our plate with her. They allowed us to order her the full child's meal that would have costed us.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #11
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She would be free if we shared our plate with her. They allowed us to order her the full child's meal that would have costed us.
http://allears.net/menu/menu_crb.htm

could have sworn otherwise, ok maybe this is wrong info good to know thanks

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #12
GoldieLocks5
Mouseketeer

Kids under 3 only eat free if at a buffet... or if they eat off your plate --- so yeah, you do have to pay if you order them their own meal - we had to with our twins who were just under 3 on our first trip -- but again, buffets they were free.

We were there for my oldest son's 5th birthday on our first trip - the first full day of our trip, too - so It was super special to wake up at Disney on his birthday. He wore the button - and got lots of special waves from the characters in the parade who would point to his button, or yell out happy birthday (if a talking type character)... He got cupcakes at the end of every table service meal that whole week (he wore it the whole time)... and at character meals they gave him a happy birthday card signed by the characters at that meal when they brought out the cupcake. He loved it.

When we were in a store one day a CM told him that Goofy was on the phone - and it was the birthday call --- that was really sweet of her to do.

We were glad we didn't order a cake - a table next to us at Tusker house had one and had SOOO much left over- they offered it to us --- we ate some of it- and STILL so much left over! LOL

[/url]
Mom to 1+Twins, all boys
Planning our 3rd Disney trip! 1st was March-April 2012, Suite @ ASMu. 2nd was May 5-11 at Beach Club, and 3rd will be early May, Beach Club again!
GoldieLocks5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #13
HolliePoppins
DIS Veteran

My daughters meal was free when she was under 3 at Cinderella's royal table. We were going to share our meals with her but they just brought her out her own breakfast. They gave her French toast sticks and fruit.

HolliePoppins is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: