DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #16
z28wiz
WDW ROCKS
With all the clapping going on, the TF hopes that z28wiz doesn't have "clapper" lamps in his house!!!!!

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Confirmed no incentive or on board credit for GFV from a relative that just came off the dream this past weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
CBR-7/02, POR-5/03,DCL WONDER 5/6/04-5/9/04, CBR 5/9/04-5/16/04, CORONADO SPRINGS 4/4/05-4/9/05 (HONEYMOON), WL- 4/9/05-4/16/05(HONEYMOON), CBR-12/2/05-12/10/05, WL-3/30/06-4/6/06, DL PARADISE PIER-6/13/08-6/17/08
HHI 4/29/10-5/1/10, AKLV 05/01/10-05/08/10 (Boys first trip), SSR 12/4/10-12/10/10, WLV 4/22-4/28/11 & DCL DREAM 4/28/11-5/1/11, HHI 8/22-8/28/11
ART OF ANIMATION 1/21-1/22 DCL DREAM 1/22-1/26/12 & BLT 1/26-1/29/12.DCL MAGIC 6/15/12-6/17 DCL DREAM 8/5/12-8/10/12, BCV 10/3/12-10/9/12 DCL FANTASY 01/19/13-01/26/13, WLV 8/2-8/8/13, DCL DREAM 8/8-8/11/13 BWV 10/2013 VGF 2/9-2/10/14 DISNEY MAGIC 2/10-2/14/14 DISNEY MAGIC 2/14-2/17/14, VERO BEACH 7/2-7/7/14, SSR 7/7-7/11/14 BWV 10/8-10/12/14, VGF 2/10-2/13/15 DISNEY DREAM 2/13-2/16/15

z28wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #17
uconnfan4
Earning My Ears

I was on the Fantasy from July 13th to July 20th and there was NOT an incentive or onboard credit for the Grand Floridian. The price was $150/point.

For AKL and Aulani, there was $1000 onboard credit plus various incentives per point depending on how many points you purchased.
uconnfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #18
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uconnfan4 View Post
I was on the Fantasy from July 13th to July 20th and there was NOT an incentive or onboard credit for the Grand Floridian. The price was $150/point.

For AKL and Aulani, there was $1000 onboard credit plus various incentives per point depending on how many points you purchased.

Just wanted to add that my friend signed a contract for Aulani in order to get the OBC, but told her guide specifically that she wanted to later switch to VGF --- she wanted the OBC & VGF.

The guide told her yes, which of course was not true.

She came home later and had to rescind w/in her 10 days or whatever period of time it was after she realized that she couldn't combine the promos.

I was out of town so she couldn't call me to confer (she's a non member).
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #19
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I got off the Fantasy this morning and they were not offering any discounts or credit for VGF.

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #20
csharpwv
DIS Veteran

I met with our guide when I was at WDW in June and she stated very clearly (very...VERY clearly) that the practice of having different promotions on the ship and on land has ended. She said that it was not fair to the land based DVC Guides to have to compete with better pricing on Disney Cruise Line.

She said that they have 'right priced' the Villas at the Grand Floridian and are targeting a much longer sell out process than past resorts. She said the DVD expenditure per villa at the Grand Floridian (cost per sqft) is the highest ever on the WDW property. (She said due to construction costs and legal practices in Hawaii Aulani was actually more expensive to build) but that VGF is most luxurious accommodations DVC has ever built - and after touring, I can definitely say - she is absolutely correct.

I really don't seem them ever selling for less than $150 now - and they may do some minor promos, but I don't think we will ever see promotions like they did on SSR, AKV, and BLT. They are doing the 'back dated points' scheme... and I say scheme... but it really isn't one and there is a good deal of value... only paying 1/12 of your yearly dues... but getting 100% of your yearly points right off the bat - it is a deal... not earth shattering... or a compelling reason to buy...but a good deal none-the-less.

Our guide said that the leadership changes at DVC have really made some major differences in the way things are operating at DVC.

After the major goofs they made with the opening of Aulani that cost Jim Lewis his job... it's good to hear that Disney has tightened their operation some to assure that the organization and processes are working for cast members... and members alike.

I still think that Disney has some major plans ahead for DVC - and I really do think that some day you will see a tiered benefits plan of some sort... but that's off topic...

If what our guide says is true - you will not get a better offer on DCL than you will at WDW, or by phone. The price for VFG is $150 p/p.

However, we did refer a family recently and they did receive a referral discount - so that may be in place still.
-Bay Lake Tower
-Saratoga Springs
-Hilton Head Island
csharpwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #21
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by csharpwv View Post
I met with our guide when I was at WDW in June and she stated very clearly (very...VERY clearly) that the practice of having different promotions on the ship and on land has ended. She said that it was not fair to the land based DVC Guides to have to compete with better pricing on Disney Cruise Line.

She said that they have 'right priced' the Villas at the Grand Floridian and are targeting a much longer sell out process than past resorts. She said the DVD expenditure per villa at the Grand Floridian (cost per sqft) is the highest ever on the WDW property. (She said due to construction costs and legal practices in Hawaii Aulani was actually more expensive to build) but that VGF is most luxurious accommodations DVC has ever built - and after touring, I can definitely say - she is absolutely correct.

I really don't seem them ever selling for less than $150 now - and they may do some minor promos, but I don't think we will ever see promotions like they did on SSR, AKV, and BLT. They are doing the 'back dated points' scheme... and I say scheme... but it really isn't one and there is a good deal of value... only paying 1/12 of your yearly dues... but getting 100% of your yearly points right off the bat - it is a deal... not earth shattering... or a compelling reason to buy...but a good deal none-the-less.

Our guide said that the leadership changes at DVC have really made some major differences in the way things are operating at DVC.

After the major goofs they made with the opening of Aulani that cost Jim Lewis his job... it's good to hear that Disney has tightened their operation some to assure that the organization and processes are working for cast members... and members alike.

I still think that Disney has some major plans ahead for DVC - and I really do think that some day you will see a tiered benefits plan of some sort... but that's off topic...

If what our guide says is true - you will not get a better offer on DCL than you will at WDW, or by phone. The price for VFG is $150 p/p.

However, we did refer a family recently and they did receive a referral discount - so that may be in place still.
I understand what you are saying, but they still give a pretty good on board credit if you buy on the ship. I recall a $1000 OBC being offered. It was stated during the initial DVC meeting. This was July 27, 2013.

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #22
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I understand what you are saying, but they still give a pretty good on board credit if you buy on the ship. I recall a $1000 OBC being offered. It was stated during the initial DVC meeting. This was July 27, 2013.
This is no different from the current incentive. They are giving $1000 via phone call or at the parks/resorts too for Aulani/AKV. Not for the GFV though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: