DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #16
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Just got a text from Chase - the sale hit my credit card!!! This is probably the only time I will ever be happy I have reached my credit limit

jillmc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #17
PrincessMer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslayla View Post
Anyone know the minimum point buy-in?
I believe they say the minimum is 100 points for new members, but we asked for an exception to buy as little as 75 points and it was granted.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #18
ImagineerTHAT
Imaginerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
Just got a text from Chase - the sale hit my credit card!!! This is probably the only time I will ever be happy I have reached my credit limit
Pretty funny....I would be happy to reach my credit limit on a DVC purchase and get all those miles! I can't use it on my resale, but that would've been a free ticket down to FL!
ImagineerTHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #19
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineerTHAT View Post
Pretty funny....I would be happy to reach my credit limit on a DVC purchase and get all those miles! I can't use it on my resale, but that would've been a free ticket down to FL!
Yep! Double points at that!!! Woo-Hoo!! That's at least one ticket I don't have to worry about! AND 6 months no financing - yay!

Old 06-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #20
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
Yep! Double points at that!!! Woo-Hoo!! That's at least one ticket I don't have to worry about! AND 6 months no financing - yay!
Not sure how DVC classifies the transaction but I would inquire if it was classified correctly to get the double points. If it is the Disney Chase and double points on Disney purchases I think you should be fine but if you get double points on travel you may not get them. I have had that happen to me that the hotel in UK we stayed at did not put the transaction down as travel they used something else!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #21
DVC Mike

DVC Member @ BLT, VGC, VWL, BWV, BCV

Congrats to the new DVC members at VGF!

My DVC Home Resorts: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

DVC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #22
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post

Not sure how DVC classifies the transaction but I would inquire if it was classified correctly to get the double points. If it is the Disney Chase and double points on Disney purchases I think you should be fine but if you get double points on travel you may not get them. I have had that happen to me that the hotel in UK we stayed at did not put the transaction down as travel they used something else!
It is a Disney purchase. All Disney purchases are double points with the premier card.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #23
curtis_lake
Earning My Ears

We purchased 125pts at VGF and only put a deposit down on our card. Are you saying we can pay the balance with our Disney Chase card and get the double points (we are premier holders)? If so, YIPPEE!,
Old 06-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #24
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtis_lake View Post
We purchased 125pts at VGF and only put a deposit down on our card. Are you saying we can pay the balance with our Disney Chase card and get the double points (we are premier holders)? If so, YIPPEE!,
YES! Our guide even split it up into 2 billing cycles

Old 06-20-2013, 06:17 AM   #25
automaticsoap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just remember that if you are financing, the APR is 1% higher if you're not paying by direct debit.

automaticsoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #26
curtis_lake
Earning My Ears

We are not financing but will want to put it on our card and pay the bill in full when received. Might have to get our limit increased, or are you saying they would do two transactions so they would appear on a separate billing cycle for us.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #27
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are not financing but will want to put it on our card and pay the bill in full when received. Might have to get our limit increased, or are you saying they would do two transactions so they would appear on a separate billing cycle for us.
My guide told me he would do it in 2 cycles. He did 10,000 in this cycle and will do 5,000 + closing costs I guess in the 2nd cycle. I had a 10,000 limit and had been using the card. I called yesterday to make sure the purchase would go through once I saw it pending and the lady told me it would. She said that they will allow it if it comes from Disney, but I should pay some of it down because she doesn't know how much over 10,000 they will allow. I plan to float about 7,000 for 6 months to get the 0% interest and then I will pay it off completely.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #28
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

I've done all of my direct purchases on my Chase Disney Visa. To get the 6 month no interest financing they need to break it up into increments of $10,000 or less. If you have the credit limit it doesn't have to be in different billing cycles, just separate transactions. Usually they've posted a couple of days apart.
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #29
goneviral
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMer View Post
I believe they say the minimum is 100 points for new members, but we asked for an exception to buy as little as 75 points and it was granted.
That's interesting. I was told I could buy 50 and I am not yet a member.
goneviral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #30
orlandobuck
Earning My Ears

Not sure if I read this correctly, but is it true that I can't get February use year?
orlandobuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: