DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #16
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsouvenirs View Post
Are the fixed weeks just available for current members and/or GFV? I have never heard of the fixed weeks.
Anyone can purchase a fixed week. They are only available at VGF and Aulani.

Fixed weeks do not appeal to me. We try to get at least 2 trips out of our annual passes by going one week earlier than we did the previous year. Then we buy new APs for the next trip. Couldn't do that with a fixed week.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #17
Allformykid
Earning My Ears

I think week 52 is the most desirable on an economical standpoint because of its true point values (based on current point charts) on some years where you can actually gain free points for that year above the points you purchased for the fixed week. Aparently, by the time California was registered for sales this week was supposedly already sold out. I ended up buying week 51 which would be the second most desirable and was available for the same reasons; however, I would gain less free points on some years than week 52 would give.

It looks as though these two weeks are the only exceptions where the rest of the fixed weeks in a year you will actually always use more points for opting to use your fixed week because there is no or little variance in its true point values (the actual yearly point cost for the week remains the same or close to it). This would make the rest of the weeks more of an emotional/tactical choice rather the best economical choice. Week 51 and 52 have low and high actual point values outside of its original purchased point cost on different years because the dates in their weeks vary yearly between the lowest and highest cost seasons. All anyone would have to do is opt out on the lower valued years and get the full value of the points you originally paid for on those years.

Since its obvious these two weeks are popular, I find myself questioning how many really did buy these weeks with intent to go every year or to take advantage of the above or even if they were aware that on some years they could be paying up to almost 40% more points on some years at its extreme lower valued years.

Potential seasonal point reallocation is one factor that I think has made the earlier weeks in December desirable as well as those purchased week would gain the same advantages on a more consistent yearly bases if the true value of these weeks were ever to increase which is only speculation at this point. My hope is that they reallocate earlier dates in week 51 to the primere season which would then make week 51 better than week 52. Again, only hopeful speculation; However, since Grand Californian's primere season starts earlier it is not too far fetched and want to believe that DVC may do the same at the WDW resorts.
Allformykid is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: