DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #16
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfbo View Post
Okay, i just double checked my statement for my chase disney card. We used the card for our downpayment in early may, with the 6 months no interest. We do enough charges to be more than the minimum monthly due. We made payments equal to or more than the new charges on the card. No interest on the downpayment, and the new charges were paid off first and we were not charged interest on those either (since we paid before end of the billing cycle).
Ooh, thank you! I would like to at least keep some of my money for 6 months. Earn that big huge 1% that I am getting in my savings account. That will buy me an extra dole whip when we finally get there - haha!

jillmc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:08 AM   #17
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Can we use Disney visa to purchase through TSS? We can pay off immediately but would like to get the rewards if possible.
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #18
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Can we use Disney visa to purchase through TSS? We can pay off immediately but would like to get the rewards if possible.
No they will only allow you to pay the deposit by credit card the rest has to be by check - bank check I believe not positive.

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #19
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Quote:
Okay, i just double checked my statement for my chase disney card. We used the card for our downpayment in early may, with the 6 months no interest. We do enough charges to be more than the minimum monthly due. We made payments equal to or more than the new charges on the card. No interest on the downpayment, and the new charges were paid off first and we were not charged interest on those either (since we paid before end of the billing cycle).
Do you know what the charge fell under?
Mortgage, entertainment, travel?
Thanks so much!
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #20
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

DVC is travel with a 2% reward on Costco American Express.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #21
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just to clarify...I called Disney Visa about my credit limit, since it was hit with the charge today and they allowed it to go over the limit. While I was on the phone I decided to ask about the 0% interest. This is what I was told. As long as I pay the minimum amount due, along with the charges for the month, I will not be charged interest...SO, if I charge 500.00 next billing cycle on random things, and when I get my statement the min due is 40.00, I have to pay 540.00 in order to avoid being charged the interest. Interesting how each company works.

As far as the category goes...I believe on my Discover card Disney falls under entertainment, not theme parks, and the restaurants do not fall under restaurants. They had a 5% on theme parks a few years ago and I went to WDW charging everything on Discover...When I got home I was totally disappointed to see that it didn't count :/

Old 06-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #22
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Thanks everyone for checking, I really appreciate it
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #23
ChrisNY2
Mouseketeer

FYI, here's a charge for a DVC loan payment on my American Express:

800-********
Description
DVC LOANS SERVICING
Doing Business As: LOAN SVCNG E-COMMERCE
Merchant Address: 200 CELEBRATION PL
CELEBRATION
FL
LEESBURG
34747-5483
UNITED STATES
Reference Number: [redacted]
Dispute/Inquire about this charge
Category: Travel - Lodging

Resorts so far (trying to stay at all of them!): GF, VGF, BLT, BC, BCV, BW, AKL, CB, CS, AS Sports, AoA, FW
ChrisNY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #24
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSWA2 View Post
Is this for the Chase Freedom card? I emailed them last month asking them what is included under Travel for Q3, they said they didn't know yet, but to ask again as Q2 ends, so I would email them.
Remember with the Freedom card it is only 5% up to $1500 in purchases. The rest will be at 1%. If you have a Chase Sapphire preferred card as well, you can pay the rest of it with that one and get 2% as it will come up travel. This is what we did when we bought our VGF points a few weeks ago.

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:20 AM   #25
twinsouvenirs
Loving Double Trouble :)

it is typical for ccs to use payment towards lowest interest balances first
Old 06-24-2013, 06:22 AM   #26
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsouvenirs View Post
It really depends on the cc company. I would call and ask since they all do it different.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:27 AM   #27
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Right, but in the case of a Disney Visa, they allow six months, no interest for charging Disney trips or DVC purchases, it's a special perk of that card.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:33 AM   #28
LauraLea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It used to be this way until the Credit Card Reform Act of 2009. You will find most now have to apply funds to the highest interest rate purchases first.

Laura
LauraLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #29
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post

Right, but in the case of a Disney Visa, they allow six months, no interest for charging Disney trips or DVC purchases, it's a special perk of that card.
With the Disney visa just make sure that if u are using the card as well for regular purchases to pay the amount you charged PLUS the minimum payment due. That is what they told me when I called.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #30
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
With the Disney visa just make sure that if u are using the card as well for regular purchases to pay the amount you charged PLUS the minimum payment due. That is what they told me when I called.
It's real easy to get caught with the low or no interest situations and end up paying a ton of interest. IMO, it's like playing russian roulette unless you consistently pay it off every month with some type of online electronic connection, preferably initiated on their end.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: