Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World > Camping Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
shaynelle
Earning My Ears

Smile Camping Fort Wilderness June 28-July 4

We are going to Walt Disney for the very first time, hubby, our six year old daughter and me. Driving from Canada (near Ottawa), couch surfing in Orlando for two nights then tent camping at Fort Wilderness.

We are planning to purchase a four day pass with water option, and have booked ADR at Cinderellas Royal Table for breakfast, and Hoop Dee Do at the Fort. I'm especially looking forward to the dinner show!

The amount of research I've done is exhausting, but hopefully will pay off when we're there! I have a dual hose portable a/c unit on my purchase list so we'll be able to sleep at night, tenting in the heat!

Looking forward to the whole trip including the road trip (and shopping!!) there and back.
shaynelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
2goofycampers
Sounds like something a camping trip could cure
Enjoy the beer and wine you will love it

Welcome Shaynelle to the camping board. I hope your first visit to WDW is magical. I know you'll be hooked. We'd love to hear about a trip through a first time families eyes if you get a chance.

2goofycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
RVMH
badge

You'll have a wonderful time! Just take time to (literally) smell the flowers or watch the wild turkeys or find the armadillo. Sometimes it's not the big attractions but the accumulation of the wonderful small moments that really make a trip memorable. Do let us know how it goes. Remember too that you don't have to do everything on this trip !
RVMH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
WDWCP96
DIS Veteran

Have a fantastic time. All your research will pay off in the end. We, too, will be at the Fort at the same time as you. Look for my lime green mickey head with my username on it! See you around the Fort!

Fall 1996-College Program,1997-1998-Seasonal Employee, April 1999-Off-site, July 2002-Off-site and Disney Cruise,May 2008-Off-site,May 2009-All-Star Movies,October 2010-DVC owners first stay at BLT, June 2011-Boardwalk Villas/Old Key WestNov. 2012-AKL/BLT, June/July 2013-Fort Wildernesss campground/VWL, June/July 2014-POP Century/Fort Wilderness Campground/POR-Royal Room
WDWCP96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #5
shaynelle
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone! WDWCP96 we'll keep an eye out for your campsite. We're tent camping, watch for the electrician's white truck and that's us!
shaynelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: