DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #16
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post
Does anyone know (and is it allowed to be answered) what the current tour incentives are?

We've done the tour twice now, fairly sure we'll be buying in the next 2 years, but we'd love to see the Auluni and GF models, and my mom has never been on the tour, and she'd be using our points probably as much as we would be, especially after kiddos come into the picture.
Based on what I have been told by Disney, the reason for the tour incentive is to get qualified first timers to attend a sales presentation. It could be a gift card, fast passes, or ice cream. The incentives change and sometimes aren't offered at all.

Disney isn't in the business of giving out freebies. The Guides are not given carte blanche to give them out and some Guides seem to have better access to them.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #17
Breyean
OKW - 1993 & VCG - 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Based on what I have been told by Disney, the reason for the tour incentive is to get qualified first timers to attend a sales presentation. It could be a gift card, fast passes, or ice cream. The incentives change and sometimes aren't offered at all.

Disney isn't in the business of giving out freebies. The Guides are not given carte blanche to give them out and some Guides seem to have better access to them.

Bill
Yes it seems to be somewhat hit or miss.

A year ago we brought a young family of friends to WDW with us. I called my guide before hand and made a reservation for all of us to take the tour. I had already done one referral to him that year, plus two add ons through him, so I figured he'd be happy to see me again.

We did the tour - our friends asked tons of questions and we were in the room with them the whole time.

Afterward, the kids got ice cream; the family got a picture, and our guide came out with FPs for them. Our friend asked about FPs for my wife and me, but he said no, only for prospective buyers. Our friend told him since we were doing the parks together not having them for everyone was awkward. Nope, no FPs for us.

So our friends told him if that's how they treat members after the sale they weren't interested and they left the FPs on the table, giving them back to our guide.

So it seems there are some rules which I don't know about who gets what.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #18
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Well I think some have the misconception that the FPs are free, so they should be more generous with them. But apparently that is not the case at all. DVC has to pay the theme parks in some way for those FPs and it's been said before that they are a relatively expensive item for them. I don't know how they are valued or paid for, but in the area of intracompany transfers, apparently they are a big deal.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #19
rcchello
DIS Veteran

If fastpasses were free, they would be giving them out like candy. It would also kill the fastpass system.

Bob
OKW - SSR
Next Trip - Fantasy Eastern

Just because it worked for me or worked this way in the past or is part of the great Dis lore is no reason it will work this way in the future. Depending on the CM you get, new interpretation of the rules, changes in rules, weather over the Himalayas, your results may be different.
rcchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #20
Iceman93
Mouseketeer

In any event, free or not, they definitely shouldn't have been that stingy with Breyean and his wife. That sounded like the very definition of penny-wise, pound-foolish...
Old 06-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #21
chunkygal
Mouseketeer

Although this person will be your guides, they come and go.
It is very very low key and no pressure.
I bought a long time ago 1996, but at the time, if you did not buy on your initial tour(we did not), the incentives were not available. We thought about it after we got home. It was more important to us to decide it was right than get incentives.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #22
Sadie22
DIS Veteran

Less than two weeks after the phone tour, the gift card arrived. Way to go, Disney! We're still looking over the pretty picture books they sent earlier and haven't looked at the DVD yet.
Sadie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #23
jba2
Mouseketeer

gibbow and Breyean,
I too had an awful guide at SSR. He was so rude that I complained to his supervisor. He totally turned me off buying from Disney.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #24
ggriffith639
Earning My Ears

That really stinks! We have a awesome guide!!!
ggriffith639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #25
tictoc
Mouseketeer

you guys seem to know...

so much so maybe you can help me. I am ready to buy. I am looking into resale because it is so much more affordable. Are there downsides to the resale other than not being able to use them for Adventures? Also, I will be there next week and was considering taking a tour. Will they be as willing to show me around if I am going to buy resale?

Tropical Storm Ernesto and I are Going to WDW for my Birthday! September 2006 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1209670

Me DH DS 18 DS 16 DD 11

tictoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:01 AM   #26
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

I personally wouldn't mention resale.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:26 AM   #27
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tictoc View Post
so much so maybe you can help me. I am ready to buy. I am looking into resale because it is so much more affordable. Are there downsides to the resale other than not being able to use them for Adventures? Also, I will be there next week and was considering taking a tour. Will they be as willing to show me around if I am going to buy resale?
Just tell them you're there to get more information about DVC (which you are), no need to bring up resale. And when they ask you're ready to buy, just say you need to think everything over before making that decision.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #28
tb1972
DIS Veteran

We took the tour while staying at Jambo nearly three years ago. We were approached by a person working at the kiosk in the lobby who arranged a pick up for us to SSR. Our kids went which was fine because they colored, watched cartoons and had some snacks. There wasn't much pressure at all. The guide was professional and we were happy we took the tour to learn more about DVC. We came home, did some research and decided to go the resale route.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

tb1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #29
Mommy to Kayla
Mouseketeer

We went on the tour today. It was set up by a DVC rep in our hotel (Beach Club) yesterday. My mom and I went and DH stayed behind because DD6 went on the albatross treasure cruise. All in all it took 2 hours, we were told 1-1.5 but we didn't mind because we are really interested. They had the models of GF, AKL and the one in Hawaii (sorry, I can't remember the name). Our sales guy was very nice, friendly, knowledgeable and not pushy at all. For our time we were given 4 FP cards with 3 FP on each card (!!!) that we could use anywhere within 4 days.
July 1- 5, 2013 - Polynesian Resort, Walt Disneyworld

January 1-5, 2014 - Paradise Pier, Disneyland

(other trips to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris as a kid but it's so much more fun now as a mommy!)
Mommy to Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:36 AM   #30
MoreTravels
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Kayla View Post
We went on the tour today. It was set up by a DVC rep in our hotel (Beach Club) yesterday. My mom and I went and DH stayed behind because DD6 went on the albatross treasure cruise. All in all it took 2 hours, we were told 1-1.5 but we didn't mind because we are really interested. They had the models of GF, AKL and the one in Hawaii (sorry, I can't remember the name). Our sales guy was very nice, friendly, knowledgeable and not pushy at all. For our time we were given 4 FP cards with 3 FP on each card (!!!) that we could use anywhere within 4 days.
Just out of curiosity, did you get advance promise of those FP's, or was it a surprise at the end? My friends (non members) are going to rent points. They would go for a tour too if they know for sure they will get FPs at the end.
MoreTravels is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: