DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #31
dmunsil
Disney Uber-Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mom Dani View Post
It's going okay. Decided on AKV...but we're just having trouble finding the listings
AKV is a huge resort and there are a lot of sales every month, so if you keep watching the Timeshare Store (and check the others as well), something will come up. Do you have specific requirements like you want one particular use year, or you need one of a very specific size?
dmunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #32
Disney Mom Dani
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunsil

AKV is a huge resort and there are a lot of sales every month, so if you keep watching the Timeshare Store (and check the others as well), something will come up. Do you have specific requirements like you want one particular use year, or you need one of a very specific size?
I don't really care about the UY (not sure why people do). But I wanted about 200 points. I don't know. I'll just have to keep an eye out.
Disney Mom Dani is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #33
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mom Dani View Post
I don't really care about the UY (not sure why people do). But I wanted about 200 points. I don't know. I'll just have to keep an eye out.
You might want to do some reading about UY before actually buying.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #34
Disney Mom Dani
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose

You might want to do some reading about UY before actually buying.
I have. I still don't see it being a problem unless u cancel trips
Old 06-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #35
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvthsgam View Post
Could mean a lot of things but generally the seller has to sell for reasons he/she doesn't want to (lost job, can't afford it anymore, needs money, etc.)

Nobody knows, but it appears that way. But you never know

UY is only important for what happens if you cancel a trip. If you never cancel a trip then UY will rarely ever come into play. You can always borrow from the next UY now matter when you want to go. You can only bank points in the first 8 months, so if you have a December UY you have to bank them by the end of July. If you normally travel between August-end of November and have to cancel a trip you are past the banking window and cannot bank the points and now have to use them prior to November 30.

Yes, once your membership is activated by Disney.

Yes.

Yes. Those have higher dues. If don't want to stay there and are always going to look at 7 months buy at SSR.
Thank you so much for your answer!! It makes the water a little less muddy.........

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3261767 Hey save some of that, it has to last us a week.....March 22-March 28th, 2014 Trip Report

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
racefanof88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #36
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

I have thought of a couple more questions .

1.) In y'all's opinion what is the best UY to go with? We can travel pretty much any time of the year, but we DO NOT like to go during the summer?!?! We have been during every month of the year with the exception of August and I wouldn't really want to go then as that is the height of the hurricane season.
2.) When buying, and completing the transaction, how do you pay? Do I send a cashier's check, pay with credit card????
3.) Do I have to pay in full before I get my contract sent to Disney, and how long does it take for a refund if Disney exercises their rights?
4.) If during the process of the sale, can I change my mind if I find a better contract?
5.) When making reservations can I do it online or do I have to call?
6.) What happens if I have to cancel the trip a day or two before we go; do I get my points added back to my account or do I lose them?
7.) I understand that I can use my points at any Disney property right?
8.) Are their different rules for using my points at DVC?

OK, enough again!! I'm sure I will have many more coming.........

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3261767 Hey save some of that, it has to last us a week.....March 22-March 28th, 2014 Trip Report

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
racefanof88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #37
Bobby Pic
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTinking View Post
I've been keeping an eye on the major resellers the past few months and I don't see much difference between Fidelity and the others. Asking prices are similar. Given Fidelity's process is more cumbersome (or at least that's what other posts have said) I would be inclined to go with TSS or another. Am I missing something?
I just closed yesterday on a an AKV 175pt contract loaded with all points 2012 and forward. It was through Fidelity and it was listed at $70pp. I offered $67 and ask the seller to pay 2013 MF and they agreed. That made the real cost $61.33pp. The other brokers I spoke with kept telling me I was too low with my offers. I might add that this process took 80 days, but if you are patient I think you can get a better deal with Fidelity. Find the contract that works for you and make an offer that you are comfortable with, no matter the list price. All they can do is say no, or they may counter offer or in my case, they surprised me and said yes. Good luck and maybe we will neighbors at AKV someday.
Bobby Pic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #38
Disney Mom Dani
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Pic

I just closed yesterday on a an AKV 175pt contract loaded with all points 2012 and forward. It was through Fidelity and it was listed at $70pp. I offered $67 and ask the seller to pay 2013 MF and they agreed. That made the real cost $61.33pp. The other brokers I spoke with kept telling me I was too low with my offers. I might add that this process took 80 days, but if you are patient I think you can get a better deal with Fidelity. Find the contract that works for you and make an offer that you are comfortable with, no matter the list price. All they can do is say no, or they may counter offer or in my case, they surprised me and said yes. Good luck and maybe we will neighbors at AKV someday.
Thanks for the info!
Old 06-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #39
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

I'll take a stab at some of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post

2.) When buying, and completing the transaction, how do you pay? Do I send a cashier's check, pay with credit card????
The title companies will typically allow you to put your deposit on a credit card and then you will pay the balance by cashier's check or wire transfer.

Quote:
3.) Do I have to pay in full before I get my contract sent to Disney, and how long does it take for a refund if Disney exercises their rights?
You only pay the deposit when you sign the contracts (then the contract is sent to Disney for ROFR). The rest of the balance will be due at closing. If Disney takes the contract, you can either get a refund, or let the title company keep it for your next contract attempt.

Quote:
4.) If during the process of the sale, can I change my mind if I find a better contract?
I won't get into the ethics of what you're proposing. But if you do that, you will forfeit your deposit on that contract.

Quote:
5.) When making reservations can I do it online or do I have to call?
Either works.

Quote:
6.) What happens if I have to cancel the trip a day or two before we go; do I get my points added back to my account or do I lose them?
If you cancel less than 31 days before you're trip, your points will go into holding. Which means they can only be used to make reservations 60 days before check-in.

DVC is NOT a good option if you think there is a chance for several last-minute cancelations.

Quote:
7.) I understand that I can use my points at any Disney property right?
If you buy resale, you can use your points at any DVC resort (AKV, BCV, BLT, BWV, VWL, VGF, OKW, SSR and Hilton Head, Vero Beach and Aulani (Hawaii)). You can also use your points to trade into RCI to stay at other destinations (but be aware that DVC only allows for trades a fraction of RCI's properties).

You can't use your points for Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney or the Disney Collection (non-DVC Disney resorts).

Quote:
8.) Are their different rules for using my points at DVC?
You will buy a contract at a specific resort, that is your home resort. You can book your home resort at 11 months out from check-in. You can use your points at any of the DVC resorts starting at seven months before check-in.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #40
Disney Mom Dani
Earning My Ears

Has anyone else had a problem with the TSS "contact me" page on their website? I fill it out, hit "request info" then I keep getting an internal server error. I've tried this on 3 different computers...so I'm pretty sure it's not me!
Old 06-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #41
susanjf
Earning My Ears

I had no problem yesterday. It went right through. Also, I had a call within a few hours! Better luck next time!
susanjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #42
Disney Mom Dani
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanjf
I had no problem yesterday. It went right through. Also, I had a call within a few hours! Better luck next time!
Strange. I tried yesterday & today!
Old 06-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #43
JustTinking
DVC Member since 2002

Maybe it's your browser. I've had a ton of strange things happen with IE recently - switched to Foxfire and same stuff works fine.

JustTinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #44
Disney Mom Dani
Earning My Ears

Hmm...I wouldn't think Chrome would be a problem. I'll just call tomorrow I guess.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #45
ImagineerTHAT
Imaginerd

After running through a number of deeds on the OC website, it seems as though Magic Vacation Title gets their deeds processed pretty fast. First American Title seems to take longer. Most deeds are these 2 companies...*** is with The Timeshare Store and I believe FAT is with Fidelity?

Timeshare Title and More also processed a few deeds, but they seem to be fast as well. This isn't the largest sample size, just wanted to make people aware.

Last edited by ImagineerTHAT; 06-19-2013 at 09:24 AM.
ImagineerTHAT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: