Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #16
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
We do...
Yay! I need to get my pictures together of outfits planned for myself and the little man. I'm actually getting my mother excited about it too!
momofmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #17
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Enjoying the pre trip report so far. Popcorn: You guys are going to have so much fun! My little guy was 2 1/2 when we went in May. It was wonderful.

Your plans loo great so far! I just have to ask, why are you not taking the magic express? Id nothing else the luggage service makes it soooo awesome.

The only other suggestion I have is for animal kingdom. I had planned to do the safari at rope drop but it turns out thy was everyone's plan! We ended up grabbing a FP for the safari doing the trail next to it, then riding the train and ended up finishing it all just in time for the safari. It needed up being a perfect crowd free impromptu plan!
MeeskaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #18
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMomma View Post
Enjoying the pre trip report so far. opcorn: You guys are going to have so much fun! My little guy was 2 1/2 when we went in May. It was wonderful.

Your plans loo great so far! I just have to ask, why are you not taking the magic express? Id nothing else the luggage service makes it soooo awesome.

The only other suggestion I have is for animal kingdom. I had planned to do the safari at rope drop but it turns out thy was everyone's plan! We ended up grabbing a FP for the safari doing the trail next to it, then riding the train and ended up finishing it all just in time for the safari. It needed up being a perfect crowd free impromptu plan!
Thanks for following! I need to figure out the links thing. Lol bare with my ummm blondeness.

We aren't taking the magic express because of our crunched schedule (magic express makes you leave 3 hours prior to take off time). Also, I have to stop at the grocery store to pick up at the least water (very picky parents) and organic whole milk ( very picky toddler only drinks one type).

Thanks for that tip!!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #19
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

That makes sense! Our toddler is picky about milk. We gave him non organic milk once while we were moving and it gave him the worst stomachache! If you want to avoid a trip to the grocery store Garden Grocers delivers to Disney resorts and they have a lot of organic options!
MeeskaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #20
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMomma View Post
That makes sense! Our toddler is picky about milk. We gave him non organic milk once while we were moving and it gave him the worst stomachache! If you want to avoid a trip to the grocery store Garden Grocers delivers to Disney resorts and they have a lot of organic options!
I will put that on my research list for sure. Having an iPad is great my office is not covered in post it's.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #21
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

Snacks, Snacks, and more Snacks

x

Last edited by momofmaz; 07-11-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #22
waltsgirl4ever
Earning My Ears

I'm joining in! Your trip sounds like a blast!

AOA 2014!, All Star Movies 2008, All Star Sports 2006
waltsgirl4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #23
Alysa
DIS Veteran

What a cutie your son is! I'd love to see photos of the party and your new outfits! I'm not sure about ears outside the parks the first night but I'd just go to bed early and get ready to go early the next morning. The Chapeau on main street is the only place I know where they add Micheal's name but save it for when he starts getting hot and needs a break.
Hmm, best spots for:
Mickey Bar - there is a booth right in front of the castle
Dole Whip - in adventureland on the way to the Pirates, the line is long though
Mickey Pretzel - The Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland
Turkey Leg - a cart near the riverboat in frontierland
Looking forward to hearing more!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #24
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

x

Last edited by momofmaz; 07-11-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #25
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

looks good but you are way too organized for me
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #26
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresnr View Post
looks good but you are way too organized for me
Haha, yes my boyfriend thinks I've lost my marbles.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #27
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

I Want to be a Princess Too! OUTFITS!

Saved for outfits. I need to start taking pictures.

Outfit Choice 1:
(missing ears though...I need ears!)

Last edited by momofmaz; 06-17-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #28
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmaz View Post
Haha, yes my boyfriend thinks I've lost my marbles.
to be honest when we went in Aug of 2004 I planned everything for a year out, and I do mean everything it was the first trip for my stepson who was not quite 5 at the time.... it was HOT and BUSY and miserable, but we got everything on my itinerary done... we were worn out and have not and will not ever go back in August, but my stepson talked about that trip for 3 years til he went back again! and I always plan meals by the park will will be in that day, but my husband hates being on a schedule, and the truth is since I had surgery in 2009 I can not concentrate long enough to plan everything out, so it works out better for everyone
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #29
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresnr View Post
to be honest when we went in Aug of 2004 I planned everything for a year out, and I do mean everything it was the first trip for my stepson who was not quite 5 at the time.... it was HOT and BUSY and miserable, but we got everything on my itinerary done... we were worn out and have not and will not ever go back in August, but my stepson talked about that trip for 3 years til he went back again! and I always plan meals by the park will will be in that day, but my husband hates being on a schedule, and the truth is since I had surgery in 2009 I can not concentrate long enough to plan everything out, so it works out better for everyone
Was it busy in August? I almost would brave the heat and humidity (both of which I don't mind and neither does my son but not until he's older) just to have a less crowded park. I don't have rides and attractions scheduled just parks. We are on such a crunched schedule its needed or we will just end up wandering around I think. I'm already afraid he will only get to ride 5-6 rides tops if lines are really that bad.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #30
difry
Earning My Ears

The first half of August (before school starts back up) can be pretty busy.

I can't take the heat. The year we went in June was awful. Yes, we still had a great time, but the heat was oppressive and we just didn't do as much as we usually do.

I much prefer the fall. It is still hot...but not as hot or miserable as June/July/August.

1974 – Contemporary Resort (Me and my family - most perfect family vacation ever!) --1975 – Campground (Him and his family)
1976 – Off Property (Me and my family…not as fun as the Contemporary) --1991 – Day pass to Magic Kingdom with our small children
2003 – Kid's Band Trip (No parents)-- 2006 – Downtown Disney Best Western (Just the 2 of us)--2007–Ft. Wilderness Cabins – just the 4 of us!
2009 – Ft. Wilderness Cabins – Gift from his parents –9 of us -- 2010 – Still not sure why we picked 2 days at Universal over Disney?
2011 – All Star Music – Daughter and new Husband Honeymoon at Disney -- 2013 – Ft. Wilderness Cabins – Now we are 5 : ) can’t wait!!!
difry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: