DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #46
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post
I think the ROFR thread is an excellent resource- am grateful to those who choose to contribute & those who compile the info. I have looked at it on more than 1 occasion. If you buy a contract where there is a waitlist (resort, UY), pay under/more than market, etc. it can lead to open discussion. Prefer to leave that door closed and instead talk about having fun using my points. Just a personal preference.
I know what you mean! Its a shame that people feel that way since I get the feeling a lot of the post on the ROFR thread are people who got a good deal vs. the big picture of what the resale market is actually doing. I agree it is a personal preference and everyone has their own financial/personal situations.

After talking to all 3 major resellers over the past 5 months - the prices for BWV being sold for/taken back by Disney is not reflected accurately at all on the thread. I guess the asking prices are more in line to what people are paying then what people are actually posting.

I too enjoy my points and made a huge mistake by getting the GV at BLT over NYE that is why I need more points loved it!!!!!!

Old 06-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #47
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think the ROFR thread is an excellent resource- am grateful to those who choose to contribute & those who compile the info. I have looked at it on more than 1 occasion. If you buy a contract where there is a waitlist (resort, UY), pay under/more than market, etc. it can lead to open discussion. Prefer to leave that door closed and instead talk about having fun using my points. Just a personal preference.
I'm sorry, but I don't see your point. What is it exactly that you're trying to avoid by not posting?
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #48
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't see your point. What is it exactly that you're trying to avoid by not posting?
Personal preference is not to post details of my contracts simply stated.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #49
katieam1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG View Post
This has to cap soon (I think). Just got word from a broker that 3 separte 25 pt. BLT contracts went for their asking prices of between $110-$115. Now, I get those are nice small contracts. But still, $110+ is high, especially considering closing costs on each of those.

If you're a DISer selling those congrats . BUT, at the same time, boo for not accepting our offers .

I can't believe that's sustainable. One of the 3 was sold within the hour, the other 2 in less than 24 hours.

Crazy.
Wow on price, guess I am glad I missed them because I was not going to put in a bid at asking. I tried to call on those but was too late at getting there!! I called on all three on Wednesday morning at like 11 when I first saw them online, they were wrapping up the deals when I called and then an hour or so noticed the sale pending on them. I was sad, but oh well I would not have wanted to pay that anyways.
My family: DH (Dan 35), Me (Katie 30), dd (Shelby 7), & dd(Madilynne 6) Baby #3 due 8/2/14

Old 06-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #50
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Prices for BWV had been ticking up slowly for the past year due to the dwindling supply of contracts. Disney's ROFR activity introduced a new source of demand that combined with buyer interest to completely decimate the BWV inventory. At one time there were less than five total BWV contracts for sale among several brokers.
What I've been wondering about is if this lack of supply will continue and I'm thinking that at resorts like BWV, VWL and BCV the lack of supply will continue and here's why.

When the resorts were originally sold, anyone who wanted to buy at DVC had to buy what was currently being marketed regardless of if that was really their favorite resort. Over time though as more and more resale purchases are made at those resorts, those resale owners are buying because they want to stay at that resort (if they wanted cheap they'd being buying SSR or OKW). And since these resorts are all 12+ years of more old, that has been a lot of time for the mix of owners to switch over to a majority that want to own at those resorts. Finally BCV (3M points), VWL (2M points) and BWV (5M points) are all small resorts as compared to SSR(15M points), so there aren't as many available contracts in the first place.

So I would expect future supplies of those resorts to stay at these kinds of levels. It should also make those resorts harder and harder to get into at the 7 month mark.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #51
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Personal preference is not to post details of my contracts simply stated.
Yes, that part was clear and easily understood. What I did not understand was what you were trying to say about having the details of the contract become the topic of conversation. I find it interesting that you are willing to participate in conversations about other people's purchases and perhaps even offer the type of feedback that you yourself are trying to avoid, but not willing to subject yourself to the same experience.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #52
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
What I've been wondering about is if this lack of supply will continue and I'm thinking that at resorts like BWV, VWL and BCV the lack of supply will continue and here's why.

When the resorts were originally sold, anyone who wanted to buy at DVC had to buy what was currently being marketed regardless of if that was really their favorite resort. Over time though as more and more resale purchases are made at those resorts, those resale owners are buying because they want to stay at that resort (if they wanted cheap they'd being buying SSR or OKW). And since these resorts are all 12+ years of more old, that has been a lot of time for the mix of owners to switch over to a majority that want to own at those resorts. Finally BCV (3M points), VWL (2M points) and BWV (5M points) are all small resorts as compared to SSR(15M points), so there aren't as many available contracts in the first place.

So I would expect future supplies of those resorts to stay at these kinds of levels. It should also make those resorts harder and harder to get into at the 7 month mark.
I completely agree. Let's not forget that people buy DVC because they like to vacation at Disney. It is the exception, not the rule that this changes. So the default is for people to keep their contracts.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #53
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, that part was clear and easily understood. What I did not understand was what you were trying to say about having the details of the contract become the topic of conversation. I find it interesting that you are willing to participate in conversations about other people's purchases and perhaps even offer the type of feedback that you yourself are trying to avoid, but not willing to subject yourself to the same experience.
If you put your business out there, then it is subject to other's opinion. If you don't, you are clearly making a choice not to get the opinion of others. Just like you are posting why I do or do not post details & I have no interest in your opinion as to why I do or do not. Reasons exactly like this why people are hesitant to post. Case proven.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #54
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you put your business out there, then it is subject to other's opinion. If you don't, you are clearly making a choice not to get the opinion of others. Just like you are posting why I do or do not post details & I have no interest in your opinion as to why I do or do not. Reasons exactly like this why people are hesitant to post. Case proven.
Well I wouldn't say that you have no interest. I mean, you did take the time to respond, didn't you?
Old 06-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #55
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess the only counter-argument I'd make to this sentiment is there wouldn't be a ROFR thread for people to use as a tool to determine a fair price for their offers if everyone refused to disclose their deals.

Everyone has the right to abstain, but once your contract is closed, I don't understand the harm in posting the details. It could help the next person who might be frustrated that they can't get a seller to agree to the lower prices they saw on the ROFR thread.

For example, I took some heat when I bought an 80-point BLT contract last year for $90 per point (sellers paid MFs and closing). At the time, prices for BLT were typically in the high $70s to about $90 per point. Even though I paid at the top of that range, the contract was a perfect size for me. And when you factor in the MFs and CC, the price per point came way down. But people really seemed to focus on that $90 per point number and I can understand that, but the contract worked for me and I had no problem saying just that.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Old 06-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #56
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I could ask you the same question as to why you post a lot on the boards yet very little on ROFR thread for the contracts you are trying to buy/sold and bought. If I remember correctly I thought you posted that you had something like 5 contracts taken back by Disney - I think that was you but I do not see the info posted? Just curious it is helpful information.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #57
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
I could ask you the same question as to why you post a lot on the boards yet very little on ROFR thread for the contracts you are trying to buy/sold and bought. If I remember correctly I thought you posted that you had something like 5 contracts taken back by Disney - I think that was you but I do not see the info posted? Just curious it is helpful information.
It's a fair question. If you go back far enough, you will see a fair few of my contracts on there, unless they got chopped off because they are old. As for the others, I've disclosed the details in conversations that I've had on various threads as it pertains to the context of the conversation. I don't update the ROFR thread simply because that's not one of the threads on this board that I frequently read or post on, and haven't since this time last year. I suppose you could say that I'm not being helpful, and that is a fair criticism. But I feel that the contributions I make on other threads more than make up for my lack of posts on the ROFR thread.

Actually, I don't even keep track of my own timelines or details. I know that I will eventually close on a SSR 150 for $57pp. I don't remember when contracts were signed, I don't remember when it was sent to ROFR, I don't remember when it passed, and I don't remember when I sent the check in. Seriously. I'm sure I can access that information because it's all in the file, but I don't have it at the tip of my fingers. All I know is that it will close sometime soon. If, in a few weeks, I go on my membership account and the points aren't there, that might prompt a phone call to my broker, closing company or Disney. But until then, it is what it is. I tried doing the timeline thing with my first contract and not only did it drive me crazy trying to track all the dates, but it stressed me out waiting for ROFR. So when I advise people to submit their contracts and forget about it for the next month, now you know where I'm coming from.

I hope I answered your question.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #58
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well I wouldn't say that you have no interest. I mean, you did take the time to respond, didn't you?
Not for your interest, for your amusement possibly. Let's be clear that I ever solicited your opinion. Bazinga
Old 06-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #59
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not for your interest, for your amusement possibly. Let's be clear that I ever solicited your opinion. Bazinga
Dude, if you're going to zing me please don't have a typo. I think you meant to say that you "never" solicited my opinion. Regardless, I think you find me fascinating, which is why you will respond to this post also. Now you're torn. You want to respond, but you don't want to prove me right. What is a DVC owner to do?
Old 06-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #60
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post

For example, I took some heat when I bought an 80-point BLT contract last year for $90 per point (sellers paid MFs and closing). At the time, prices for BLT were typically in the high $70s to about $90 per point. Even though I paid at the top of that range, the contract was a perfect size for me. And when you factor in the MFs and CC, the price per point came way down. But people really seemed to focus on that $90 per point number and I can understand that, but the contract worked for me and I had no problem saying just that.
It's for reasons like that why I choose not to disclose the details of my contracts. Not subject to anyone's opinion. I agree the ROFR thread is a great resource & kudos to those that choose to contribute & compile the info. However, in that same thread we have seen comments on paid too much/little, can't believe that passed when there is a wait list, why did this pass and this pass did not, etc. Too much drama sometimes so no thanks.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: