Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #76
yroberts
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Fortuna CA
Posts: 74

Is anyone doing the Fish Extenders?

Just curious how many people going December 13, 2013 are doing the fish Extender.. I will be traveling with family and a 1 turning 2 and 16 turning 17 year old's..

we are prepared for the Fish Extender fun.. during the cruise..
yroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #77
yroberts
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Fortuna CA
Posts: 74

just learning how to reply on this web site.. tried before and got lost and left it.. now I'm figuring it out better.. I will be traveling with my mom and son.. and in a joining room.. my sister and her husband and 2 year old daughter will be with us.. we are so excited and can't wait.. 69 more days.. we are from California.. this is my 3rd Disney Cruise.. but only one counts.. because the first one was on the Big Red boat in 1989.. last cruise was in 2003 on the Wonder.. we are really excited to do this again with my sister's baby.. she loves everything pink and princess.. just found out about the Fish extenders.. this is new.. don't remember it 10 years ago.. think it's a great idea.. ordered ours last week.. also ordered magnet paper to make our own magnets for our rooms. can't wait to decorate..
yroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-06-2013, 01:42 AM   #78
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by yroberts View Post
just learning how to reply on this web site.. tried before and got lost and left it.. now I'm figuring it out better.. I will be traveling with my mom and son.. and in a joining room.. my sister and her husband and 2 year old daughter will be with us.. we are so excited and can't wait.. 69 more days.. we are from California.. this is my 3rd Disney Cruise.. but only one counts.. because the first one was on the Big Red boat in 1989.. last cruise was in 2003 on the Wonder.. we are really excited to do this again with my sister's baby.. she loves everything pink and princess.. just found out about the Fish extenders.. this is new.. don't remember it 10 years ago.. think it's a great idea.. ordered ours last week.. also ordered magnet paper to make our own magnets for our rooms. can't wait to decorate..
Ur doing great on the site..takes a little to get used to As for the fish extender we have about 5-6 rooms doing it right now. Hoping more join. I have been on cruises with 45 staterooms and some with 20. Is ur sister's room gonna sign up for that?? I have all my FE gifts done. Made individual gifts for everyone and one for a group stateroom gift. I so can't wait, I need this vacay!
__________________
Michelle

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #79
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer
 
So Cal Crew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Did everyone one fill out the Join us form??? At this point we only have i think 5state rooms in the FE. Everyone still wants to do it right?? And how close to departure do you want tp except people?? Thanksgiving???
We are in for the FE. Did my mom sign up yet? (So Cal Grandma) Since we are doing a BTB, I'm not sure if she signed up for both cruises. If not, I'll make sure she does. Last Dec we did the EBPC and we had over 5,000 posts and almost 80 cabins in the FE. If you didn't check the boards every day you were pages behind. Either way, a small group would be nice too.
__________________
So Cal Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #80
colkath2005
Mouseketeer
 
colkath2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Yorkshire, England
Posts: 236

Michelle I just filled out the form and we are all in for the FE. I have to get deciding what we are going to do for gifts and then help mum with hers

Last years PC cruise was crazy! I think it was the biggest FE we have had to do so far. But loads of fun. We always take part as 2 separate cabins so it will be me (colkath) and mum (colkath parents).

Still looking at Miami accommodation. We really want to be on the beach. Any ideas on a reasonable priced hotel? Where is everyone else staying near the port or further out? We are not nearly as organised this year and we leave for the airport in 9 weeks.
Colette
colkath2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #81
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,814

We still do not have the cruise booked, but we have a hotel. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn by the port.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #82
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
We still do not have the cruise booked, but we have a hotel. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn by the port.

Corinna
Well a hotel is better then nothing
__________________
Michelle

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #83
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkath2005 View Post
Michelle I just filled out the form and we are all in for the FE. I have to get deciding what we are going to do for gifts and then help mum with hers

Last years PC cruise was crazy! I think it was the biggest FE we have had to do so far. But loads of fun. We always take part as 2 separate cabins so it will be me (colkath) and mum (colkath parents).

Still looking at Miami accommodation. We really want to be on the beach. Any ideas on a reasonable priced hotel? Where is everyone else staying near the port or further out? We are not nearly as organised this year and we leave for the airport in 9 weeks.
Colette
Thanks for filling it out. I added you to the webpage. Question though, with names being so different..can you tell me besides Billy(assuming DS) are the other 2- DD's or DS's??? I love their names BTW.
I have a 13 yr old girl- Sydney. Providing Jayden is a DD maybe they can hang....if a DS..well no need pushing them together 13 yr old DD's and DS's need no help finding each other Also after Gordon's name u wrote (OH).... I almost typed (IO) cause that is what we say in OHIO when cheering on the Buckeyes. What did that mean for u?

As for hotel, we are staying at the Springhill Marriot hotel. says Medical center--must be the area. I am trying to get as close to the port as possible...gonna map and see how close it is to the port. was only $120. I tried getting the hotel Corinna acquired but it was $40 more =(
__________________
Michelle

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 10-07-2013 at 11:28 AM.
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #84
yroberts
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Fortuna CA
Posts: 74

yes my sister is.. she's on this site.. but hasn't figured out how to do it.. her room is 6578.. it's her and her husband and their 2 year old daughter..
yroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:29 AM   #85
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,814

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Well a hotel is better then nothing
Yes, indeed. Still, the fact that we still do not have the cruise booked is driving me quietly insane. I have now set myself a deadline. If there are still no discounts by my birthday, I will book it at whatever the price is then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
As for hotel, we are staying at the Springhill Marriot hotel. says Medical center--must be the area. I am trying to get as close to the port as possible...gonna map and see how close it is to the port. was only $120. I tried getting the hotel Corinna acquired but it was $40 more =(
That is strange. When I checked for the Springhill Suites the prices were completely insane. By the way, I use a comparison site called trivago.com for my hotel bookings nowadays and they have the Holiday Inn by the port for $122 through Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com. On Trivago, you can only search for two adults, but I find that you can change the number of people once you get to the relevant website and the price stays the same when you add the kids.

On a different note, I had a happy little squeal during my lunch break yesterday. We had the most amazing server during our 2009 cruise who also happens to be from our home town. He went to the Dream as part of the opening team, then went to the Fantasy and then back to the Dream. I recently linked up with him on Facebook. He posted yesterday that we was back home for a 6 week vacation and then was heading to the Magic. It does not take three guesses who I will request as our server.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #86
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47

Yes, indeed. Still, the fact that we still do not have the cruise booked is driving me quietly insane. I have now set myself a deadline. If there are still no discounts by my birthday, I will book it at whatever the price is then.

That is strange. When I checked for the Springhill Suites the prices were completely insane. By the way, I use a comparison site called trivago.com for my hotel bookings nowadays and they have the Holiday Inn by the port for $122 through Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com. On Trivago, you can only search for two adults, but I find that you can change the number of people once you get to the relevant website and the price stays the same when you add the kids.

On a different note, I had a happy little squeal during my lunch break yesterday. We had the most amazing server during our 2009 cruise who also happens to be from our home town. He went to the Dream as part of the opening team, then went to the Fantasy and then back to the Dream. I recently linked up with him on Facebook. He posted yesterday that we was back home for a 6 week vacation and then was heading to the Magic. It does not take three guesses who I will request as our server.

Corinna
That is awesome about your server I would so love to get a server I have had in the past but a few of them have married and pregnant no longer on the ship but I surely will be checking for a few that could have returned . I am happy to hear that you will still book the cruise I am so looking forward to meeting up with you again. What time were you thinking of booking the dolphin excursion and which one are you doing? Cause if you don't mind swimming with the kids um it could be fun to have the whole two dolphins to just the 8 of us if you do mine well I understand that too.
__________________
Michelle

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:25 AM   #87
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer
 
So Cal Crew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Thanks for filling it out. I added you to the webpage. Question though, with names being so different..can you tell me besides Billy(assuming DS) are the other 2- DD's or DS's??? I love their names BTW.
I have a 13 yr old girl- Sydney. Providing Jayden is a DD maybe they can hang....if a DS..well no need pushing them together 13 yr old DD's and DS's need no help finding each other
My older daughter Summer just turned 15 and Autumn will be 14 next month. I'm sure they would love to e-mail Sydney before we sail. If that's okay with you, just send me a PM and we can set it up. That's funny you asked if Jayden was a boy or girl. I use to babysit a little girl named Jayden and last year on the EBPC my girls were talking to about 8 other girls on the cruise for months before we sailed. I sent an e-mail to Colette and the kids started talking. The next day she posted something about her 3 DS's and my husband was like, hello....what are you doing setting our girls up with boys from England. (I never did tell Colette or Kath that story.) The kids became great friends, and with the time difference, Summer and Jayden are often up all hours of the night talking and laughing. When Jayden told Summer they were doing a B2B in December she begged her daddy to let us go with them. The rest is history.
__________________
So Cal Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #88
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Crew

My older daughter Summer just turned 15 and Autumn will be 14 next month. I'm sure they would love to e-mail Sydney before we sail. If that's okay with you, just send me a PM and we can set it up. That's funny you asked if Jayden was a boy or girl. I use to babysit a little girl named Jayden and last year on the EBPC my girls were talking to about 8 other girls on the cruise for months before we sailed. I sent an e-mail to Colette and the kids started talking. The next day she posted something about her 3 DS's and my husband was like, hello....what are you doing setting our girls up with boys from England. (I never did tell Colette or Kath that story.) The kids became great friends, and with the time difference, Summer and Jayden are often up all hours of the night talking and laughing. When Jayden told Summer they were doing a B2B in December she begged her daddy to let us go with them. The rest is history.
That sounds good.
__________________
Michelle

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #89
CaymanPrincess
Mouseketeer
 
CaymanPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Grand Cayman
Posts: 175

Hello everyone! My name is Christina, and I have just booked this MIA cruise and will be joining you guys with my DH, and DD 8yrs old.
We'd like to join the FE, and it looks as if we have a small group. After this cruise, I will be gold (I worked very hard to get here!).
ok, I will be honest - I don't like filling out forms, but can I join the facebook link??? It looks like we have a small group which is always great in my view.
Thanks! Christina
CaymanPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:35 AM   #90
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaymanPrincess
Hello everyone! My name is Christina, and I have just booked this MIA cruise and will be joining you guys with my DH, and DD 8yrs old.
We'd like to join the FE, and it looks as if we have a small group. After this cruise, I will be gold (I worked very hard to get here!).
ok, I will be honest - I don't like filling out forms, but can I join the facebook link??? It looks like we have a small group which is always great in my view.
Thanks! Christina
Hi Christina!!! welcome aboard!!!! Yes I was excited as well to reach gold in February...this will be my first cruise as gold!!!! I have an 8 yr old niece and a 9 year old Dd going. Maybe they will like meeting your Dd at our meet on boarding day. As for the form, it is a helpful tool for me and the web page. It is just a few clicks. I am sure you can handle it. Once that is done I can add u to the fb page.

Also I am making a family page inn the web page. Anyone who wants can email me a photo and I can put it on there. Will make it easier to recognize each other at the port and our kids might like seeing the other kids!!!!

Only a little over a month & 1/2. Whoot whoot!!!!
__________________
Michelle

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
december 13 2013, disney magic, disney magic in miami



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.