Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #196
yroberts
Earning My Ears

I want a lens with F2.8 so I can take pictures at night.. I have one that goes 70-200 F2.8 but you have to stand back so far.. and it's heavy.. I use it for football night pictures..

Are we still stopping the FE at Thanksgiving? I'm starting to put everything together and want it boxed up and sealed by Friday the 29th.. once the 1st hits for me.. I'm going to be working 15 -20 hours a day until the 11th..

I have extra boys and girls stuff so if someone does want to join.. I could easily do the kids.. but the adults.. my mom made stuff and would be hard to do.. we could buy them something though.. I hate to turn anyone away.. especially kids..

let me know.. I would also like to put cabin numbers on everything.. will we have them by Friday? if not.. it's okay.. would be easier if we had them..

I can't believe this is my last weekend to breath before my hurricane of work hit.. this is probably why I don't go on vacation that often.. it's so much work just to get away.. but it's freezing here.. can't wait to get warm..

Happy Saturday.. hope everyone has a great day..
yroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #197
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

The one I have my beady eyes on is a Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Lens. I only got my DSLR in time for our Alaska cruise this year so I think the standard lens kit that came with it (18-55mm) and this one will do me for a while.

I hear you on being busy. We are officially on vacation once we finish work in 9 days time. I am back at work tomorrow after a week off and including tomorrow, I have 7 days at work left. During this time, I have to do 5.5 hours call monitoring, have two admin days, spend most of one day conducting training and have two team nights out (one with my own team and one with our team leader group). I have got two days off midweek and on those I have to wrap presents for 4 different Secret Santas and mail them, finish off the gifts for one of them, which is a home-made Secret Santa and have a manicure and pedicure done. I also have to finalize the last few odds and ends for this trip. I will be so ready for a vacation by the time it comes along.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #198
yroberts
Earning My Ears

seems you do more work to go on vacation then you would have done if you had stayed home.. I forgot how much work going on vacation was..
Old 11-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #199
jesicartagena
Earning My Ears

Fe

Hello,
Is it too late to join the FE group?
jesicartagena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #200
yroberts
Earning My Ears

Welcome to our cruise.. I was hoping more would join.. Michelle has a form for you to fill out.. hurry and join.. I'm boxing everything up this week.. can't wait.. 19 more days.. YAY!!!!!
Old 11-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #201
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesicartagena View Post
Hello,
Welcome aboard!!! You still have time to fill out the form. I believe we said Thanksgiving Evening was our cut off. Just go to this link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1A8G...ftVbY/viewform and fill out the form.

Also you can find us chatting on FB December 13, 2013 Disney Magic-- Miami and Magic--hot hot hot!

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #202
ForTheLoveOfDCL

I still need room numbers for some of you. So Cal Crew, Cayman Princess and CollKath...have u guys gotten ur room assignments??

Old 11-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #203
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesicartagena View Post
Hello,
Welcome on board.

Corinna
Old 11-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #204
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
I still need room numbers for some of you. So Cal Crew, Cayman Princess and CollKath...have u guys gotten ur room assignments??
Yes we have:

Robert, Cathy, Summer and Autumn - 6652

Sandy - 6650
Old 11-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #205
yroberts
Earning My Ears

18 days!!:hip pie:
Old 11-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #206
yroberts
Earning My Ears

17 DAYS!!!!!pixiedu stixiedustixiedust:
Old 11-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #207
yroberts
Earning My Ears

I just looked.. it looks like Jessica booked for a cruise on 12/8 instead of ours.. I saw her most recent posting.. bummer.. it would be nice to have more people.. but I like our group.. I looked on another FE group.. they had 37 adults and 80 some kids.. wow.. that would be crazy trying to do for all those people.. I'm happy to have been able to do more for our group... my mom made some neat things.. I was hoping to have one left over for me.. right now we have one extra.. I'm good with one extra..

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday..

It's almost turkey day... hope everyone has done their shopping..

I did order my lens.. it should be here tomorrow.. I just can't imagine spending all this money on a vacation without the right hardware for my camera.. thank you mom..

by getting the extra lens.. should help me from taking several others.. so my camera bag will be lighter.. I'm all for that.. now the question is... which cameras's to take.. If you didn't know by know.. I'm a camera crazy mom.. ask Jonathan..
Old 11-27-2013, 04:52 AM   #208
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Originally Posted by yroberts View Post
I did order my lens.. it should be here tomorrow.. I just can't imagine spending all this money on a vacation without the right hardware for my camera.. thank you mom..

by getting the extra lens.. should help me from taking several others.. so my camera bag will be lighter.. I'm all for that.. now the question is... which cameras's to take.. If you didn't know by know.. I'm a camera crazy mom.. ask Jonathan..
I am glad that you got your lens. I got mine on Sunday evening as I noticed that within a day it had gone from 4 available to one available. It arrived on Monday. I will take my Nikon DSLR and my Panasonic Lumix underwater camera.

Corinna
Old 11-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #209
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47

I am glad that you got your lens. I got mine on Sunday evening as I noticed that within a day it had gone from 4 available to one available. It arrived on Monday. I will take my Nikon DSLR and my Panasonic Lumix underwater camera.

Corinna
I am bringing my Canon slr with lens I think it's 55-300. And my Olympus underwater. Plus the girls will have their point and shoots plus smartphones.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #210
yroberts
Earning My Ears

my mom and I both have pentax underwater camera's..we have never used them.. hoping to get some good underwater shots.. in the past..we have used the throw away under water camera's.. I have like 5 lens I'm taking.. I go back and forth.. probably over doing it.. but I love taking pictures.. you never know what lens your going to need..

Tags
december 13 2013, disney magic, disney magic in miami

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: