Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #181
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Me too!!! Packing for 7 is challenging especially since we theme it and coordinate!!! Plus moving my SIL out. Move my kids back to their rooms....omg my list goes on. I have had a pounding headache for days!!!
Yes!!! You are so ready for a vacation!
We're doing a B2B. To many unknowns. I feel like I'm spinning in circles. Is it really only 5 weeks away with Veterans Day, Thanksgiving and since we fly home the day before Christmas festivities, I need to have all my Christmas shopping done too? As much as I'd love to do it on vacation I don't think I could get it home wrapped and ready to go in time. I guess I have it pretty good if my biggest problem is my Disney vacation is just weeks away.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #182
yroberts
Earning My Ears

I love how you coordinate their outfits.. I did that with my boys.. but now that one is 20 (who's staying home) and the other is turning 17.. I don't think I will get him in coordinating princess dresses with Kaelyn.. I'm all for matching.. I would love to have t-shirts that were the same.. but I'm the only one.. my sister would NEVER do that.. and I'm pretty sure her husband wouldn't.. and I don't think I've ever seen my mom in a t-shirt... so I think that would be a NO.. that is why I need lots of grandkids so I can coordinate them and take them..
yroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #183
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I made a tactical error this morning. I had told Graham that the Magic had to return to Miami early. At the time I thought they actually had cut the cruise short, but I have since learned that they were just picking up some supplies. I wish I had kept my mouth shut. Although the reports don't worry him any more than they do me and he would like to do the cruise, I was told in no uncertain terms that there was no way I will pay full price for the cruise. So rather than booking this by Thursday, we are back to the waiting game. Please keep the positive thoughts coming and your fingers crossed for me.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #184
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47
I made a tactical error this morning. I had told Graham that the Magic had to return to Miami early. At the time I thought they actually had cut the cruise short, but I have since learned that they were just picking up some supplies. I wish I had kept my mouth shut. Although the reports don't worry him any more than they do me and he would like to do the cruise, I was told in no uncertain terms that there was no way I will pay full price for the cruise. So rather than booking this by Thursday, we are back to the waiting game. Please keep the positive thoughts coming and your fingers crossed for me.

Corinna
I have to say,I agree with Graham! If I could find a way to get off this cruise without losing 1/2 the cruise price, I would!!!

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #185
dolphingirl47

Quote:
I have to say,I agree with Graham! If I could find a way to get off this cruise without losing 1/2 the cruise price, I would!!!
I can understand you completely. However, Graham's motivation is a different one. He just thinks with all the negative press, sooner or later they will throw some really good deals out.

Anyway, I am nowhere near giving up on this. I know this cruise is meant to happen and it will be the best cruise yet. I just ordered our embarkation shirts today.

Graham

Mine

Corinna
Old 11-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #186
yroberts
Earning My Ears

The T-shirts are really cute.. we haven't decided one what we are going to wear to get on the cruise.. I'm keeping positive thoughts.. we have to much money vested.. to loose 1/2 would be thousands for us.. we have two rooms.. I'm just really sad.. that if it's horrible.. my mom will never go again.. and we were hoping to get her to re-book the Fantasy in 2015.. one week.. so Kaelyn can do the princesses party on board..

hopefully they spread lots of
Old 11-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #187
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Ok first let me say this Corinna, cute shirts. secondly I have decided not to be so negative about the ship and go in with an open mind knowing that this will be just like every other Disney cruise I have taken , a vacation of a lifetime and the staff will come away making my vacation magical so on that note anything new for everybody? Lol
Today my family and the rest of our church went out into thecommunity and we did the doors are closed on our church and we volunteered within our community. What a wonderful day worshipping with my done of my church family, cleaning a center for children to come after school and making it welcoming for them on their return on Tuesday. I believe this is somewhere my kids and I are going to continue to volunteer and add to the repertoire of our busy schedule but none the less it will be rewarding for them and most certainly for us.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:32 AM   #188
yroberts
Earning My Ears

That is great that your church does that.. ours doesn't do that.. we had a harvest party for the kids in the neighborhood.. but giving back to the community like that is awesome.. We do take on the homeless shelter at Christmas.. our little church buys new gifts and does a dinner and our pastor is Santa.. and they give the toys to the kids.. for some kids.. it's the only gift they get.. we try to give each child a $100 worth of clothes and toys.. this year.. I get back on the 22nd.. and on the 24th.. I get to take pictures of each child with Santa... we have to print the pictures there and give them to each child.. they make glitter frames for them.. it's really magical.. This will be the first year take picture.. I'm excited about doing it.. they said usually there is about 17-20 kids... we never know.. and some kids show up that day..

I'm glad you decided to stay with the group.. I was getting worried everyone was going to jump ship.. now I can relax and get the FE gifts finished and ready to ship.. girls gifts got finished today.. had a friend help me with them..

I bought luggage today.. and started packing stuff I'm not using until the cruise.. I will probably pack and repack several times before I'm ready..pixi edustixiedustixiedust:
Old 11-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #189
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Ok first let me say this Corinna, cute shirts. secondly I have decided not to be so negative about the ship and go in with an open mind knowing that this will be just like every other Disney cruise I have taken , a vacation of a lifetime and the staff will come away making my vacation magical so on that note anything new for everybody? Lol
Today my family and the rest of our church went out into thecommunity and we did the doors are closed on our church and we volunteered within our community. What a wonderful day worshipping with my done of my church family, cleaning a center for children to come after school and making it welcoming for them on their return on Tuesday. I believe this is somewhere my kids and I are going to continue to volunteer and add to the repertoire of our busy schedule but none the less it will be rewarding for them and most certainly for us.
I think this is a wise decision. As much as I love the DISboards and made some amazing friends through the boards, there is a tendency on here to make a whole mountain range out of a mole hill on here. Every issue seems to be completely blown out of proportion. I do not wish to take anything away from people who had their trips spoiled by problems, but for every person who had issues, there were probably 100 who had an absolutely magical experience. I mentioned it before. Friends of ours were on the very first cruise and the only negatives that they had were: 1. The carpets were shedding as they had only been laid the previous day. 2. They did not have time to experience all the new elements as they only had a day and a half. 3. They came away absolutely exhausted as they tried to fit in as much as possible in the short time given.

The problems that are reported are not new. I agree it is disappointing that they did not manage to fix those issues during dry dock, but I have experienced many of them myself. On the Mexican Riviera Cruise in 2011, we had problems with plumbing and our toilet not flushing. We had them come in a couple of times during the cruise looking at this. Still, this did not affect the enjoyment of our cruise and this was one of the most amazing cruises that we experienced. On the Hawaii cruise, we had some flooding outside the stateroom and also in some other public areas and once reported the got on this super quick. Again, it was an amazing cruise.

There seem to be a lot of people jumping ship though. I have been watching Cruise Fish like a hawk. I always thought that it only showed the percentage of categories still available, but it actually seems to show capacity as the categories available have not changed in weeks, but the numbers have. For weeks, it showed 75% available. Then it went down to 73% and 69%. Over the weekend it went up again to 71% and today it is showing 75%. On a positive note from my point of view, I just spotted that they now have OGT and VGT rates on the November 29th sailing. This one is showing as 70% so this has given my hopes a real boost.

I read about the community work at church on Facebook. I think this is a fantastic idea. I am glad that you found it rewarding. Volunteering for a variety of causes has been an important part of my adult life and I am glad that you have felt inspired to carry on with this.

Corinna
Old 11-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #190
yroberts
Earning My Ears

Another week gone.. it's Sunday again.. this month is flying by fast.. hope everyone had a great week..

glad no one else has jumped ship..

only a couple more Sunday's to go.. I'm off to church.. hope you have a wonderful day..
Old 11-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #191
ForTheLoveOfDCL

OMG only 23 days and I am outta here!!! So excited!!! One cause I love DCL of course but also can't wait to see my friend Corinna who will get her booty on this boat!!!!!!

Old 11-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #192
dolphingirl47

Quote:
OMG only 23 days and I am outta here!!! So excited!!! One cause I love DCL of course but also can't wait to see my friend Corinna who will get her booty on this boat!!!!!!
Your wish is my command . It should only be a matter of days now.

I had a productive day. I got all my magnets done. I have another crafty project planned for Thursday and then I am essentially good to go apart from making various bookings. I can't believe that it is only two weeks until we are leaving for Orlando.

Corinna
Old 11-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #193
dolphingirl47

Well, I am a very happy person at the moment. As of yesterday evening, I am officially booked on this cruise. I had been watching this like a hawk since July. I was playing on my new iPhone on the train home from work and spotted that they finally released the travel industry rates that I had been hoping for. The only slight issue is that they did not have inside cabins on this deal, but we got an amazing price on a ocean view cabin. To make this even sweeter is that we got a cabin assigned straightaway and are on the starboard side on deck 6 forward basically diagonally across from our favourite cabin. We absolutely love this location. I am pretty sure that there will be a few occasions when we will go to the cabin and can't figure out why the door won't unlock.

I was absolutely surprised that I had no problems at all making Palo reservations. Considering how close we are to the cruise, I was resigned to getting in line on the ship to try to snap up at least a dinner reservation for our Platinum perk. Not only did I have no issue getting a reservation for both Brunch and dinner, but on the days I checked, every single slot still had availability. I think that is telling a lot about just how empty the cruise is. I also did our online check in and I have to admit is sweet not to have to select a port arrival time. I intend to be at the port just as soon as it opens.

So today was a busy day. I had to call Disney Cruise Line to see what we can do about the cruise documents. I was hoping that they could just send them to our hotel in Florida, but they were only willing to do this if it was a Disney hotel. I am staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge for one night, but they did not think this is long enough. So we agreed they will try to send it to my work address. Apparently as it is so close to the sail date it is coming by Fedex so I am hoping that it will get to me in time. I also requested our favourite server. I can't wait to see Edward again. He went back on the Magic last weekend.

I also have managed to book two one-way car rentals and transfers from the airport in Orlando to the hotel. So all I have to do now is book the dolphin swim for Cozumel, add the Disney Dining plan for the last night of our trip and buy a new lens for my camera. Life is good!!!

Corinna
Old 11-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #194
yroberts
Earning My Ears

What new lens do you want for your camera.. I want a new one for mine.. but it's like $2,200... not sure if i can justify the cost before a vacation.. waiting for the last minute to do it if I do..
Old 11-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #195
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Originally Posted by yroberts View Post
What new lens do you want for your camera.. I want a new one for mine.. but it's like $2,200... not sure if i can justify the cost before a vacation.. waiting for the last minute to do it if I do..
Mine is quite a bit cheaper. I am just after a 55 to 300mm lens and I found this for £179.00 on Amazon. The best thing is that I have Amazon gift certificates to cover most of this.

Corinna

Tags
december 13 2013, disney magic, disney magic in miami

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: