Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

Dreaming of the Disney Dream

My wife and I were on the December 8 Disney Dream cruise. Our first cruise on this Disney ship.

We had a 'Wonder'ful cruise. We decided not to do any excursions and put our money into other things. We started off with the Palo Brunch, it was fantastic. From the window seating, fantastic CM serving us (never good at remembering names but wife did and we gave him a shout out on the end of cruise survey), to the selection of food and sinfully delicious desserts.

We were going to spend the entire day on the Dream during Nassau but, the Magic was docked opposite us at the pier. We had to get off and take some pictures, very cool. The CM were very excited, some served on the Magic and wanted to see some of their old friends and the new makeover, and some wanted just to see it.

We did a couples massage when back on board and while I loved mine; my wife is use to very deep massages and the CM doing hers was "too gentle". In the evening we did Remy Dinner. We LOVE IT!!!! What a treat.

We had a table shared by three other couples but one never showed up for any of the nights. The other two were fun to have at our table. We never were short on conversation. They were a lot of fun to talk with. And we had fantastic servers. And I must admit I like Animators Palate on the Magic and Wonder better than the Dream. With adults only at our tables it is too distracting for conversation. But I would think the kids would love it.

Our stateroom steward was great, room nice and tidy, towel animals each night, love to talk with her, asked us each time if there were any special requests/needs.

And for the first time; my wife and I made it to Serenity Bay. On our first three cruises we had our son with us. On our fourth cruise on January 2011 for the Wonder PC westbound cruise we were not able to dock because of the wind.

It was not easy to get off the ship. Four nights is just too short for us. The only reason we did this one was to see the Dream. I would love to do a back to back on it. We had such a great vacation. It did help that we did two nights at the Animal Kingdom Lodge the two nights before the cruise (our first time here).

If there are any questions I would be glad to try and answer them. If there is something I don't know/remember I can ask my wife.
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, All Star Music/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Off-site 2015, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
MinnesotaMouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: