DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2014, 03:13 PM   #1
suefly
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 39

off to ROFR

The wait begins. Sent to Disney 7/30. Just have to keep busy. Distract myself until I hear. Although I will be checking email daily.
suefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:55 PM   #2
weswife
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by suefly View Post
The wait begins. Sent to Disney 7/30. Just have to keep busy. Distract myself until I hear. Although I will be checking email daily.
Good luck! I am in ROFR too .... day # 16......waiting
__________________
weswife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-31-2014, 07:29 PM   #3
DisneyfromDeland
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 10

I will join you. My contract was sent on 7/29. It's only been 2 days and I am having trouble waiting.
DisneyfromDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:55 PM   #4
CheapRunnerMike
Earning My Ears
 
CheapRunnerMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: London, Ontario Canada
Posts: 24

Good luck! The trick will be to find something to keep your mind off it for the next few weeks...let us know if you find something that works!
CheapRunnerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:36 AM   #5
DisneyfromDeland
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 10

I am a teacher and I have to go back to work very soon, so that will help!
DisneyfromDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #6
BL2014
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 10

Teacher here too mine went in on the 28th let's see who gets approval first. Good luck to all of us anxiously awaiting
BL2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:28 PM   #7
weswife
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,577

Hello!

Just curious as to where everyone is purchasing. We are are hoping to own 150 points at the Boardwalk!

I keep telling myself .... no news is good news! We check the days off each night
__________________
weswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:49 PM   #8
DisneyfromDeland
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 10

My contract is at AKV. We are interested in being able to book the value or possibly concierge level rooms, and I love a savannah view!
DisneyfromDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:09 PM   #9
weswife
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyfromDeland View Post
My contract is at AKV. We are interested in being able to book the value or possibly concierge level rooms, and I love a savannah view!
I rented points from a member on here, we are staying at AKV Jambo house for the first time! We check in October 26!

Good luck on your contract!
__________________
weswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:34 PM   #10
DisneyfromDeland
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by weswife View Post
I rented points from a member on here, we are staying at AKV Jambo house for the first time! We check in October 26!

Good luck on your contract!
That's hilarious. We rented points from a friend and we are staying at BWV garden view studio on October 4th. We were torn between several resorts.

I am so nervous about our contract making it through. It is fully loaded, so I didn't negotiate as much as I probably could have or maybe should have, but I feel like its a fair price. I guess that's all that's important.
DisneyfromDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:54 PM   #11
weswife
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyfromDeland View Post
That's hilarious. We rented points from a friend and we are staying at BWV garden view studio on October 4th. We were torn between several resorts.

I am so nervous about our contract making it through. It is fully loaded, so I didn't negotiate as much as I probably could have or maybe should have, but I feel like its a fair price. I guess that's all that's important.
LoL.. that is funny! We were torn too. We decided on BWV for many reasons. We like the resort, the pool and the location can't be beat! We enjoyed our stay there last year!!!!

We have never been to AKV. We did have a quick service meal there once a few years back.

__________________
weswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:50 PM   #12
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!
 
DVC Jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rowlett, Texas
Posts: 5,258

day 26 and counting for us

good luck everyone
__________________
~Jennifer~
Do You Believe In Magic?


Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries


DVC Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:12 PM   #13
suefly
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 39

120p at SSR. no current points. I didn't negotiate either. Still doubting that choice, but would have been worse if I lost it. In the end would have only be a couple hundred.

Have a trip planned for December not staying DVC. So should be planning that trip. Also remodeling bathroom. I should have enough to keep me busy. Still checking email, daily. (or more)
suefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:15 PM   #14
weswife
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,577

Jen you are getting so close! I bet you hear on Monday!!! As others have posted Disney seems to make decisions on Mondays and Tuesdays! Good luck!!!!

I am on day # 18! Almost there! I like to think if Disney was going to take it they would do it early on.... Soooo as each day passes I feel happy
__________________
weswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #15
weswife
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by suefly View Post
120p at SSR. no current points. I didn't negotiate either. Still doubting that choice, but would have been worse if I lost it. In the end would have only be a couple hundred.

Have a trip planned for December not staying DVC. So should be planning that trip. Also remodeling bathroom. I should have enough to keep me busy. Still checking email, daily. (or more)
We are planning an Oct trip! We are renting points from 2 fellow dissers on here! This keeps me busy but .... we still dream of owning our own points! My DD #2 wants to be a DVC member! We are talking about remodeling our bathroom too! As far as negotiating we did on the closing costs. It saved us about $250. We will start with 2015 points, no 2014 points but we felt that was ok.

Good luck!
__________________
weswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.