DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
havertown
Mouseketeer

Gf fixed week?

What is all of this talk about fixed week contracts for GF?

I thought DVC was by use year only?

Where can I find the pricing of a fixed week?

Is it possible to buy a fixed week for every third year?
havertown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts...rand-floridian

Aulani also offers the fixed week option. At that resort, the fixed week option is sold at a 10% premium over the comparable cost of the number of Vacation Club points for the type of accommodation, the view category, and the season chosen by the owner.

You would not be able to purchase every third year.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by havertown View Post
What is all of this talk about fixed week contracts for GF?

I thought DVC was by use year only?

Where can I find the pricing of a fixed week?

Is it possible to buy a fixed week for every third year?

That chart will not be shown until you commit to making the fixed week purchase. They will not even allow you to have a copy of it either

Once we viewed it, it was promptly taken away by the guide and locked in the drawer I can tell you that Week 52 for a deluxe studio standard view was 139 points. I was told that there was only 1 more available at that rate on last Friday, so you may have a chance.

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm8 View Post
That chart will not be shown until you commit to making the fixed week purchase. They will not even allow you to have a copy of it either

Once we viewed it, it was promptly taken away by the guide and locked in the drawer I can tell you that Week 52 for a deluxe studio standard view was 139 points. I was told that there was only 1 more available at that rate on last Friday, so you may have a chance.
That number makes no sense - they are discounting the Christmas fixed week purchase?!?!? Why wouldn't someone purchase that then if they thought they'd use it even periodically. If so it doesn't seem like DVC is being very smart on their pricing.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:

I show week 52 standard studio at 199 points.

Bill

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
BillPA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post

Bill
from the point chart:

Mar 24—Apr 6 December 24—31
Sun—Thu Fri—SatWeekly
STD 31 36 227
Lake 37 43 271

Someone has bad info???

BillPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #7
shwn
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post

Bill
Same here. I show week 51 as 204 points and week 52 as 199 points in a standard view studio. There is no discount for week 51 or 52 or any week for that matter. Each week is calculated as the average points for the next 50 years (for that week) and then 10% of points extra is added.
shwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #8
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPA View Post
from the point chart:

Sun—Thu Fri—SatWeekly
STD 31 36 227
Lake 37 43 271

Someone has bad info???
Week 52 starts on Sunday Dec 29 in 2013.

Bill

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #9
Dean
DIS Veteran

DVD decides how to price the fixed weeks. Week 51 & 52 are likely lower because they average weeks over several years and both weeks will include lower season nights (Dream for 51 and Adventure for 52). Week 15 & 16 will include magic season on the days that cross out of the traditional premium time. What it appears they've done is not to simply add points for fixed weeks compared to seasons as has been suggested but rather they've made judgements of the relative demand of a given week and price them accordingly. I believe this gives us insight into demand of individual weeks far more than our experiences on reservations or the points charts do.
Quote:
from the point chart:

Sun—Thu Fri—SatWeekly
STD 31 36 227
Lake 37 43 271

Someone has bad info???
Bill you're looking at the points charts and what others are referencing is a chart related to the points associated with fixed weeks. It's different for 2 reasons. One, that DVD can decide how to price them any way they want and 2, that fixed weeks vary and cross over into other seasons.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #10
BillPA
DIS Veteran

Thanks Dean. I was looking at week 51 or 52 as being Christmas time. Am I missing something?

BillPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #11
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Dean. I was looking at week 51 or 52 as being Christmas time. Am I missing something?
You are I think. The standard timeshare calendar would have week 51 start (Sunday as DVC's is) anywhere between 17 & 23 Dec on a rotating basis. Week 1 will always start the first Sunday in Jan and when that wouldn't be the case anymore as the calendar creeps, you add an extra week in (week 00 or 53) every 5-6 years. The only way to guarantee Xmas every year would be to buy both weeks 51 & 52 otherwise you'd miss or check out on Xmas about 1/3 of the time for week 51.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #12
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
DVD decides how to price the fixed weeks. Week 51 & 52 are likely lower because they average weeks over several years and both weeks will include lower season nights (Dream for 51 and Adventure for 52). Week 15 & 16 will include magic season on the days that cross out of the traditional premium time. What it appears they've done is not to simply add points for fixed weeks compared to seasons as has been suggested but rather they've made judgements of the relative demand of a given week and price them accordingly. I believe this gives us insight into demand of individual weeks far more than our experiences on reservations or the points charts do.
Bill you're looking at the points charts and what others are referencing is a chart related to the points associated with fixed weeks. It's different for 2 reasons. One, that DVD can decide how to price them any way they want and 2, that fixed weeks vary and cross over into other seasons.
Thank you! I'm looking at my contract and it clearly states the points as 139 for deluxe studio standard view. FIXED WEEKS have a built in discount I was told.

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #13
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! I'm looking at my contract and it clearly states the points as 139 for deluxe studio standard view. FIXED WEEKS have a built in discount I was told.
I'm trying to figure out what is really happening with the points on Fixed Week. Are you saying that you bought Week #52 at VGF and that you had to pay for 139 points? If you opt out of your fixed week, do you get 139 points?
Old 05-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #14
Airb330
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm8

(To all... Not specifically asking cm8)

Why would they discount it, yet publicly state the fixed option carries a 10% premium?

It makes no sense.
Airb330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:51 AM   #15
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
I'm trying to figure out what is really happening with the points on Fixed Week. Are you saying that you bought Week #52 at VGF and that you had to pay for 139 points? If you opt out of your fixed week, do you get 139 points?
Assuming the fixed week costs 139 points, I was told that you pay annual fees on the 139 points and if you opt out that you get 139 VGF points to use in the 11 / 7 month windows.

That makes sense to me since the 139 points is part of the total number of points that DVD can sell. I'm not sure what happens to the "extra" points when the owner uses the fixed option. Perhaps it is just part of the "administrative" slush and the equivalent nights can be rented out. I do wonder if the proceeds of those go towards breakage (it seems right that they do) or to DVD or to MS (for administration of the fixed options) or to ???

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: