Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2013, 11:47 PM   #1
oldkeysara
Earning My Ears

Question Magic Kingdom Thanksgiving Day Parade

Hi! We are going to Disney World for Thanksgiving Weekend 2013. I have not been able to find any information regarding the time of the Thanksgiving Day parade at Magic Kingdom. Has anyone been? We are trying to figure out what time we will need to make dining reservations, so we don't miss the turkey! Thank you!
oldkeysara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:52 AM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkeysara View Post
Hi! We are going to Disney World for Thanksgiving Weekend 2013. I have not been able to find any information regarding the time of the Thanksgiving Day parade at Magic Kingdom. Has anyone been? We are trying to figure out what time we will need to make dining reservations, so we don't miss the turkey! Thank you!
There are no special parades on Thanksgiving Day. Figure the normal 3:00p parade and one or two showings of MSEP in the evening.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
YensidRocks
Mouseketeer

We just booked a trip for Thanksgiving weekend as well. I'm trying to figure out if Disney does anything special to kick off the Christmas season, etc. I'm so excited!!

Me DH DD14
YensidRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by YensidRocks View Post
We just booked a trip for Thanksgiving weekend as well. I'm trying to figure out if Disney does anything special to kick off the Christmas season, etc. I'm so excited!!
There are kinds of things going on that are Christmas themed. Some start before Thanksgiving and some after. Here are just a few;

Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing LIghts (or some such name)- Occurs in the evenings at DHS and is, in a word, AWESOME. It starts in early Nov. or has the last few years anyway.

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party- Hard ticket event at MK in the evening. The last couple of years I know there hasn't been one scheduled for the week of Thanksgiving. The last one before the holiday is the Friday prior to Thanksgiving, and then they start up again the Sunday following. I haven't looked at this year's schedule to confirm this is true this year.

Candlelight Processional- Telling of the story of Christmas in Epcot. This starts the Friday after Thanksgiving. In a word, spectacular. The story has a celebrity narrator and a large choir and the Voice of Liberty sing Christmas hymns. Many suggest booking a CP dining package once they are offered to minimize the time you have to line up for a seat. The last two years we've gone the Sat. following Thanksgiving, and both times we could have walked up at show time and gotten a seat. It may not have been a great seat, but we could have gotten one. YMMV.

Holiday Storytellers- Various tales of Christmas (or holidays celebrated around that time) from around the world. Occurs in the World Showcase at Epcot, and starts the Friday following Thanksgiving. This is marvelous. Our favorites are the storytellers in Japan, Norway and China.

This is just a few of the the things you can see. The resorts and parks are of course all decorated, and you could spend a good day just touring those. Oh, and there is a special holiday end to Illuminations that starts the Friday after Thanksgiving (I think).

We've been the last two Thanksgivings and it is a wonderful time to go!
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: