DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #46
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd43 View Post
You can still get a Feb UY, but your first points will be Feb 2014. Your MF would be pro rated until then. To get 2013 points, the earliest UY (on the calendar) is April for VGF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quirty30 View Post
You can get a February use year. But you can't get 2013 points for it. Same goes for March. Only use years of April or later get 2013 points.
Thanks for the replies! Enjoy your points nd43 and congratulations!
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #47
disbound09
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm8 View Post
Yes, your week is your week, no worries about getting a reservation! There was only 1 more fixed week studio available standard view for week 52( as told by guide)
So is it the same cost for the points that you normally pay? You just lock in a week at a certain resort with a specific size room. Then have that week forever? I didn't know you could do that it seems you would pay a premium for that as I assume there is only so many of those and when they are gone they are gone. Congrats!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #48
gwmom
Mouseketeer

Question for those of you who have toured the models and/or have purchased at GFV...... what is the minium amount of points a member can purchase??

Thanks...

S.S. Member Cruise September 2010, Sept 2013
Disney Dream Thanksgiving Cruise 2011
Disney Dream Aug 10 - 15, 2012
Pixar Pacific Coast Cruise September 2012
Disney Wonder - February 7-11, 2013

gwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #49
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
being in Australia we cant purchase thru Disney unless we are physically in the USA to sign the paperwork, so we'll have to wait til sept to get our 2 x 60 point contracts at GFV....cant wait

thanks guys for mentioning split contracts, hadn't thought of it before but is such a great idea
Same thing for us in Canada, but since I had flight credits, we've decided to head down for a 3 night non-park trip just to add on VGF. Now if only my guide could return my call so I can make sure he will be there when we are.

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)
vikkii19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #50
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmom
Question for those of you who have toured the models and/or have purchased at GFV...... what is the minium amount of points a member can purchase??

Thanks...
25 points if paying cash, 50 points if you're financing.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #51
gwmom
Mouseketeer

Thank you!!

S.S. Member Cruise September 2010, Sept 2013
Disney Dream Thanksgiving Cruise 2011
Disney Dream Aug 10 - 15, 2012
Pixar Pacific Coast Cruise September 2012
Disney Wonder - February 7-11, 2013

gwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #52
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disbound09 View Post
So is it the same cost for the points that you normally pay? You just lock in a week at a certain resort with a specific size room. Then have that week forever? I didn't know you could do that it seems you would pay a premium for that as I assume there is only so many of those and when they are gone they are gone. Congrats!
For VGF and Aulani you can purchase a fixed week...Sun to Sun. It costs the # of points for that week in the size villa and view that you want plus you have to buy 10% more points. You get that week every year w/out having to book...but you can opt out of that week and use your points as regular points to book whatever you want (unclear if you'd get the full points to use or the points less the added 10%). I would LOVE to buy a week for F&W (say 1st week OCT) in a standard view studio. It takes 125 points typically and to buy a fixed week we'd have to add on (10% more) 12.5 points...so I assume we'd buy 138 points at $145pp (just $20K ). I wasn't aware that you could split them and buy 100 points and 50 points to use as a fixed week. I might call my guide and get the details on the fixed week deal. DH will NEVER go for it, but I sure would LOVE to have that.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #53
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
I have seen a couple other mentions of a Feb Use Year not being available.
Is this only for non-members/new buyers?

We have a Feb UY and are current members. Even if I was tempted to buy VGF today this would stop me in my tracks. Can someone explain how this works? TIA.
This is because the resort technically didn't exist before April. April 1st was when the resort was declared (??) I think it's called. So they can't sell you something that didn't exist.

Some people are having a hard time with this, but it's the way it is.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #54
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
For VGF and Aulani you can purchase a fixed week...Sun to Sun. It costs the # of points for that week in the size villa and view that you want plus you have to buy 10% more points. You get that week every year w/out having to book...but you can opt out of that week and use your points as regular points to book whatever you want (unclear if you'd get the full points to use or the points less the added 10%). I would LOVE to buy a week for F&W (say 1st week OCT) in a standard view studio. It takes 125 points typically and to buy a fixed week we'd have to add on (10% more) 12.5 points...so I assume we'd buy 138 points at $145pp (just $20K ). I wasn't aware that you could split them and buy 100 points and 50 points to use as a fixed week. I might call my guide and get the details on the fixed week deal. DH will NEVER go for it, but I sure would LOVE to have that.
It would actually cost you 139 points! I was shocked at how low that seemed in comparison to using non fixed points during week 52 and week 1. They (DVC) said that since you paid 10% more for your points they wanted to discount your weeks during the holiday period as a "thank you" true or not, I know my guide said that they discounted the fixed weeks during some of the weeks to make it a "bargain" to the people looking to purchase fixed weeks.

I know that from the 22 December to the 29 December non fixed weeks the standard view studio is 199 points You'd be saving 60 points buying that week fixed

We are officially booked for the Christmas holidays at VGF This is our first ever Christmas trip/stay and we're going to go crazy

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #55
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It would actually cost you 139 points! I was shocked at how low that seemed in comparison to using non fixed points during week 52 and week 1. They (DVC) said that since you paid 10% more for your points they wanted to discount your weeks during the holiday period as a "thank you" true or not, I know my guide said that they discounted the fixed weeks during some of the weeks to make it a "bargain" to the people looking to purchase fixed weeks.

I know that from the 22 December to the 29 December non fixed weeks the standard view studio is 199 points You'd be saving 60 points buying that week fixed

We are officially booked for the Christmas holidays at VGF This is our first ever Christmas trip/stay and we're going to go crazy
We're doing Xmas for the 2nd time this Xmas and it is very nice...crowded...but nice to see all the decorations and snow falling on the Osborne lights street and all the gingerbread structures....love it. And GF is one of the nicest resorts to see at Xmas time. It really is only 139 points for week 52? What about week 51 (we go 12/20-25 or 26)? Sigh...if only.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #56
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
We're doing Xmas for the 2nd time this Xmas and it is very nice...crowded...but nice to see all the decorations and snow falling on the Osborne lights street and all the gingerbread structures....love it. And GF is one of the nicest resorts to see at Xmas time. It really is only 139 points for week 52? What about week 51 (we go 12/20-25 or 26)? Sigh...if only.
That was also listed as 139 points standard view deluxe studios FIXED WEEKS w/o the fixed weeks from 12/22-12/29 the points required is 199 so that's a 60 point difference. The one bedroom for this time frame is 407.

Thanks for the heads up about the crowds. I can't wait to let the memories begin

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

Old 05-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #57
shwn
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Quote:
That was also listed as 139 points standard view deluxe studios FIXED WEEKS w/o the fixed weeks from 12/22-12/29 the points required is 199 so that's a 60 point difference. The one bedroom for this time frame is 407.

Thanks for the heads up about the crowds. I can't wait to let the memories begin
I think you may have been given some misinformation or you got a really really great deal.

I actually bought a fixed week as well and I was given the fixed week point chart to keep. I am pulling this information straight from it. On the fixed/guaranteed week point chart a standard view studio is listed at 204 points for week 51 and 199 points for week 52. These are the 50 year average (life of the contract) of weeks 51 and 52 respectively plus 10% premium in points. There is no discount that I know of for getting those weeks, unless I just got a bad deal and "CM8" got a great one.

I also did not pay 10% more for each point. I only paid $145/per point.

Week 51 this year is 12/22-12/29 or using regular points would cost 199 points.
Week 52 this year is 12/29-1/5 or using regular points would cost 167 points.
shwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:05 PM   #58
cm8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwn View Post
I think you may have been given some misinformation or you got a really really great deal.

I actually bought a fixed week as well and I was given the fixed week point chart to keep. I am pulling this information straight from it. On the fixed/guaranteed week point chart a standard view studio is listed at 204 points for week 51 and 199 points for week 52. These are the 50 year average (life of the contract) of weeks 51 and 52 respectively plus 10% premium in points. There is no discount that I know of for getting those weeks, unless I just got a bad deal and "CM8" got a great one.

I also did not pay 10% more for each point. I only paid $145/per point.

Week 51 this year is 12/22-12/29 or using regular points would cost 199 points.
Week 52 this year is 12/29-1/5 or using regular points would cost 167 points.
I'm looking at my contract , standard view, deluxe studio points 139 verified by QA twice as we had another issue we needed to resolve. The non fixed week was listed at 199 for dates 12/22-12/29 for standard studio

and we too only paid 145 pp we just had to purchase the extra 10% pp to use it (paid more since the regular week is only 125 points for a non fixed week during some of the seasons)

Last edited by cm8; 05-29-2013 at 09:09 PM. Reason: more info
Old 05-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #59
Airb330
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm8

I'm looking at my contract , standard view, deluxe studio points 139 verified by QA twice as we had another issue we needed to resolve. The non fixed week was listed at 199 for dates 12/22-12/29 for standard studio

and we too only paid 145 pp we just had to purchase the extra 10% pp to use it (paid more since the regular week is only 125 points for a non fixed week during some of the seasons)
That seems like the deal of the century! Considering it definitely spans Christmas some years... And those dates in premier season are way, way higher than 139. I'm glad you got a deal but I certainly hope they aren't "giving" too many fixed weeks away to where it is going to affect availability at 11 months.
Airb330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #60
frank808
DVC Member

Quote:

So did DVC make a mistake and sell you a fixed week for 65 points less than was needed? How were you able to buy a fixed week at 138 points and split it into lower point contracts. I just bought a fixed week and I could not split it as the fixed week is tied to the number of points. If I bought a fixed week and say 100 extra points I could have split the 100 extra points into two 50 point contracts. They told me the deed to the fixed week was tied directly to the points. I also looked at the point chart and week 51 is 204 points. thanks
frank808 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: