DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #16
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd43 View Post
I could pick my use year, but for some reason, the earliest month I could pick was April for 2013 points (no Feb). April was fine for us, so it worked. I am not sure if this was a guide thing or just something structural with the offer timing that Feb UY would not provide 2013 points (first points would be 2014 with that choice).

We did two contracts. One for 200 and one for 100. The thought being we would sell the 100 pt. contract if we later decided to downsize this many points.

We plan to immediately bank 2013 points and have our first visit in early April for Spring break 2014.
When VGC opened, the first use year was June 2009. I was thinking about it but with my April use year, I would not get points until 2010. Ended up nixing the deal for me. I could have waited until 2010 but by then my head took over my heart.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #17
nd43
Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
So you're saying you're not paying closing costs on your two contracts?
Funny you ask! Yes, there is a closing cost, but I was told it was not increased for multiple contracts (i.e. just one cost). Again, I had the same expectation so I asked that specifically of my guide.

However, I have feeling I am going to get a phone call later telling me I need to pay the closing cost for EACH contract, but that is not what he said. So, I just rolled with it for now. The closing cost was not much so I would still break them up even if it applied to each contract. My gut told me he was wrong with his answer!
nd43 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #18
nd43
Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
[COLOR="Blue"]Since we are friends, I suggest that you buy 50 point contracts for even more flexibility.
Bill, I made most of the mistakes, so I am very happy you still might consider me a friend! I am giving the contract breakup more thought. I am going to re-confirm the "no extra cost" and probably do some additional breakouts.

Quote:
My other concern is that the resort may not be what you envision in your mind. We made the mistake of buying BLT before the resort was completed. When we finally stayed there we found the theming not to be our favorite and the views from the rooms not at all what we expected. After a few months the rooms really started showing wear which was attributed to the quality of the furnishings and finishes selected by the DVD/DVC President as a cost savings measure.

We are interested in the VGF but we will wait to stay there first to check out the quality and views.
I have read that about BLT and it is depressing. We just stayed at BWV and I thought the room was fine. However, I told my wife that it was recently updated so it was not going to get much better. Disney keeps the grounds really nice but almost all of their hotel rooms are tired. They just do not seem to think keeping your room really nice is critical. I have almost prepared to be a little disappointed. I hope it can at least match my lowered expectations.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #19
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

We sold some AKV 50 pointers several months ago and they went for a premium price and the longest took 3 days to sell.

Since you are buying direct, one of the benefits is being able to get multiple 50 point contracts. There are a lot of owners who will later jump at the chance to by a 50 resale add-on for VGF should you decide to sell.

They will appear as separate contracts in your account but with a simple click, you pick which contracts to use. Just make sure that they are all titled the same. Disney made some mistakes on ours, wrong UY, different names, they had to be re-done. Double check your paperwork.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #20
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We sold some AKV 50 pointers several months ago and they went for a premium price and the longest took 3 days to sell.

Since you are buying direct, one of the benefits is being able to get multiple 50 point contracts. There are a lot of owners who will later jump at the chance to by a 50 resale add-on for VGF should you decide to sell.

They will appear as separate contracts in your account but with a simple click, you pick which contracts to use. Just make sure that they are all titled the same. Disney made some mistakes on ours, wrong UY, different names, they had to be re-done. Double check your paperwork.

Bill
I agree...I'd do two 50 and two 100 pointers.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #21
intertile
Mouseketeer

There is an extra cost...although minor. The closing costs on 2 50 point contracts is $65 more than 1 100 pointer. It is still imo worth it, but you should be aware of all the costs.

intertile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #22
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Congrats. ..that prices is lower than I think most of us were expecting.

DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #23
nd43
Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
I agree...I'd do two 50 and two 100 pointers.
Done! I had them break it down into 4 contracts just like above. Thank you and others for the input. As others have stated, I think the extra closing costs are worth it (although my guide seemed to think there were no exta costs at first... I am assuming there are). It gives us many options in the future to adjust.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #24
Illini Al
Mouseketeer

Congrats and enjoy your trip next April!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #25
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Congrats!! Very exciting!
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #26
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Done! I had them break it down into 4 contracts just like above. Thank you and others for the input. As others have stated, I think the extra closing costs are worth it (although my guide seemed to think there were no exta costs at first... I am assuming there are). It gives us many options in the future to adjust.
I think this is absolutely the best thing. I have no plans to add on but I daydream from time to time and look up 50 point contracts resale. They fly off the shelf. Even 100 points go fast....and they don't get lowball bids either. So IF you ever need to dump one...it will be easy and you will get top dollar
Old 05-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #27
drpepr
Earning My Ears

Any word on the minimum buy in to be a founding member? Can you split this amount in smaller contracts amd still be considered founding?
drpepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #28
MickeyFan612
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I'm a huge fan of resale but I don't think I can wait-). Plan to at least purchase 50 points to try the place out! Congrats on your purchase OP-)
MickeyFan612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #29
disbound09
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Congrats nice to see someone run the gauntlet and emerge with a decision they are happy with. Well done! Welcome home!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #30
ernobrn
Earning My Ears

Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhh!

Just purchased 100 points at GFV!!

WDW: Oct. 1987/Timeshare in Kissimmee; Oct. 1994/POFQ; Aug. 2001/Radisson; Oct. 2008/Poly; Oct. 2009/POFQ; Oct. 2010/AKL; Oct. 2011/CB; Oct. 2012/WL; May 2013/POR
ernobrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: