Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
JasonDVC
DIS Veteran

Another WWYD thread! Breakfast during EMH

We are going to WDW this July and my DD4 and DS2 are big Disney Jr. fans so I made an ADR at H&V for 8:05 am. We are staying at BCV and this is an EMH day at DHS. Going on rides during EMH is appealing to me but I made a breakfast ADR during that time so it seems like it's one or the other.

WWYD?
  1. Stay with the plan
  2. Change the ADR to 9am or later but that means the kids eat a late breakfast which they are not used to
  3. Stay with the ADR, take all the passes and grab FP's at TSM which I can use later
  4. Other

I'm leaning towards #3. TIA for your opinions!

JasonDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDVC View Post
We are going to WDW this July and my DD4 and DS2 are big Disney Jr. fans so I made an ADR at H&V for 8:05 am. We are staying at BCV and this is an EMH day at DHS. Going on rides during EMH is appealing to me but I made a breakfast ADR during that time so it seems like it's one or the other.

WWYD?
  1. Stay with the plan
  2. Change the ADR to 9am or later but that means the kids eat a late breakfast which they are not used to
  3. Stay with the ADR, take all the passes and grab FP's at TSM which I can use later
  4. Other

I'm leaning towards #3. TIA for your opinions!
I would switch to a later breakfast like a 9:30 or 10:00 then you can get in a couple rides grab fast passes and then eat a nice breakfast and you should not really need lunch either because your eating later
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
ajh88
DIS Veteran

Me, I'd probably move my reservation and take advantage of the morning EMH. I've done a breakfast during morning EMH and I was sort of anxious for the whole time, just wanting to get done so we could get out into the park - I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I should have. Alternatively, since you are staying relatively close to DHS, maybe you could do breakfast on a different (non-EMH) morning then hop to another park for the rest of the day?

If it would really mess with your kids' schedule too much to move breakfast time (more power to the people who maintain regular schedules at Disney - we were never successful in doing so, but didn't suffer any major consequences of it either!) - I would also go with #3 - get in for your ADR and run to grab a FP for something (just make sure the return time will be for after you're done eating!).

Have fun!

ajh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
JasonDVC
DIS Veteran

I'm just thinking it would really stink if I move the reservation to a later time and the kids just complain all morning that they are hungry. I could certainly give them something light to eat before we head out.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
poohfriend77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDVC View Post
I'm just thinking it would really stink if I move the reservation to a later time and the kids just complain all morning that they are hungry. I could certainly give them something light to eat before we head out.
We like doing the morning EMH, followed by a late breakfast. Can you pack some easy breakfast foods, or get a bagel/banana/whatever at your resort before you head to the park?

I have a DD who wants to eat IMMEDIATELY when she wakes up. Even putting her off for the hour it would take to get ready, take the bus to the park, walk to the restaurant, check in, get seated, etc. would be pushing my luck. We always feed her a pre-breakfast, no matter what time our ADR is for.
poohfriend77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #6
bucky1023
DIS Veteran

I also vote for rides during EMH and then breakfast after... I would feel like I am wasting the extra time in the park sitting and eating when the rides are open.

But you know your family best so you should do what would work for you. If the kids would be cranky from eating later I wouldn't want to start off the day on the wrong foot either.
bucky1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #7
JasonDVC
DIS Veteran

I changed the ADR to 9:55. Ill give the kids something light before we head out. Thanks for your opinions!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: