Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #31
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
Okay since we are now officially onto day two, I'm chiming in. Two years ago I joined these women I had never met for a trip to WDW...what can I say it was awesome and I wanted to go back. I knew that I couldn't join them on a the cruise. Yes I still have fear of a ship tipping over, running out of power or hitting an ice berg. Never let a 9 yr old watch the Poseidon Adventure- seriously if I ever got on a cruise and saw Earnest Borgnine or Shelly Winters I may jump over board....yes I know they are dead. Anyway... when it came around again I too said I'm in for the land portion and I'd love to spend an extra day with Miss Lonnie at WDW. After all I was just happy to be there... so I created our button for the weekend

So as those two are dealing with the rain, I start to run around Minnesoder looking for rain gear. Man that confused people as we were expecting snow the next day. Seriously this is the spring that never happened. I loved all the texts I was getting. At one point I was actually ironing a poncho to seal the side so I wouldn't get wet. yes I was that nuts. I knew I was happy to go and I wasn't going to let some silly rain make me miss this trip.

This button is awesome!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 05-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #32
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

We hoofed it over to France, where the special slushie at the special F&G booth was calling our names- ◾La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush (Grey Goose Vodka Orange, St. Germain liquor with White and Red Cranberry Juice)

I WANT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post

Seriously it took me like 5mins to realize I was watching a kids shows and my kids werent there. Then I sort of felt bad and called them (NEVER DO THIS.. oh the guilt, for about 2seconds! LOL) P (my 14yr old ds) says nana (my mom, who was helping watch them while DH was working) said you went to Dland.. NOPE I didnt go to Dland. whispers WDW. To which I hear WHAT why couldnt we go. I proceeded to tell him WELL no kids or dads are going, its just a time for moms to get together, relaxe, rejuvinate to be better moms. Where P then says MAYBE you should take us so we can be better kids! LMAO maybe I will again, someday. He passed the phone to J (my 10yr old ds) and he told me that it was jacked up I left them to go see Mickey without them and I said ya I know.. Ok Night love you. HAHA Then poured myself another drink, you know cuz I was so distrought that I left them HA! Finally I hit the rack as tmrw would be a big day and the next few days too!

Next Up: I meet a Dismom... eventually!
If I ever am lucky enough to do a Mom's only trip to WDW it is my intention to do the right thing and TOTALLY LIE to my children about it.

"Kids, Mommy has to go to a conference for work. Where is it you ask? Ohio."

And upon my return?

"No, that's not a sunburn. That's a rash. From the soap. At the hotel. In Ohio."
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #33
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You do know neither one dies on the Poseidon FOR REAL or on any other ship, don't you?????????
oh man i never knew that but I did hear that DL is a LOT bigger then WDW

Old 05-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #35
NMW
DIS Veteran

Subscribing
Old 05-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #36
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Yay - another trip report! Looks like you guys had a good start. The Desert Rose drink looks yummy.
OH MY GAWD best slushy out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Yay, I made page one, super. OMG, those pink drinks look fabulous! I want one of the slushies, but am never there at the right time. The wine looked so refreshing as did the wine flight. I think I need to open a bottle ASAP!
Do it.. i give you permission lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm in! Cinco de Mayo will never be the same!

Jill in CO
right!!! so glad we got to meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Here! Of course I am. Feel like I should crack open a bottle of Merlot before I actually start reading though.
Yup do it! I give you permission lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm in. Great start. Bummer on the massive amounts of rain but you're right, WDW even in the rain is better than almost anywhere else.
Luckly all the weather apps and weather men were wrong as we expected it all week.. but it got better eventually. Someone brought some sunshine with them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Trying to get in on this one early !!! Loved the Pink Slushie at Epcot. I agree it was the best one yet !!
RIGHT, they should serve it over the grey goose

You girls are so lucky to be able to manage these Dismoms trips. I can still barely get out of the house to play tennis. No way I could manage a Disney trip alone !!
Thats what i thought too.. now I cant do it yearly. Thinking every 5yrs but working on every other yr maybe lol Every mom should have a nice get away at least for a short weekend to recoop!

Anyway, looking forward to following along. I hope you enjoyed better weather !!
we did soon it came

Quote:

That's all I can think of right now.

Except- yea- that whole thing with the laughing gas is true- but I'd like to add- the text mid-conversation that said, "I can't text right now- they're back to pull more".

Hand to God-
LMAO right I thought i saved the text too, cuz I knew no one would believe that story.. oh maybe its on my old phone. hmm cuz you cant make that stuff up!

Quote:
I just have to add- I'm always mad when the flux capacitor breaks, but when the falangy goes????? UGHHHHHHHH.... that's the WORST!

Hugs & Kisses,
Phoebe

lmao you got it before Ross and Rachel were on a break LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeADisMom View Post
Page 2?!?! How did THAT happen?[/COLOR]
you got here late to the party, like me! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
Okay since we are now officially onto day two, I'm chiming in. Two years ago I joined these women I had never met for a trip to WDW...what can I say it was awesome and I wanted to go back.
thats how I feel already, lets go back

I knew that I couldn't join them on a the cruise.
HEY you got on a ferry AT night.. a cruise is safer than a transporation boat LOL

After all I was just happy to be there...
ME TOO lol

So as those two are dealing with the rain, I start to run around Minnesoder looking for rain gear. Man that confused people as we were expecting snow the next day. Seriously this is the spring that never happened. I loved all the texts I was getting. At one point I was actually ironing a poncho to seal the side so I wouldn't get wet. yes I was that nuts. I knew I was happy to go and I wasn't going to let some silly rain make me miss this trip.
Iron a poncho.. ya that El and I thought that was a great text btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
This button is awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I WANT!!!!
best button ever! She comes up with another cute lil didy to share too

If I ever am lucky enough to do a Mom's only trip to WDW it is my intention to do the right thing and TOTALLY LIE to my children about it.

"Kids, Mommy has to go to a conference for work. Where is it you ask? Ohio."

And upon my return?

"No, that's not a sunburn. That's a rash. From the soap. At the hotel. In Ohio."
GREAT plan... but it would mean I would have to lie to my mother too.. she totally knows when Im lying still darn her LOL
Old 05-18-2013, 12:37 AM   #38
burly
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2013, 07:14 AM   #39
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
OH MY GAWD best slushy out there!

Do it.. i give you permission lol

right!!! so glad we got to meet!

Yup do it! I give you permission lol

Luckly all the weather apps and weather men were wrong as we expected it all week.. but it got better eventually. Someone brought some sunshine with them...

we did soon it came

LMAO right I thought i saved the text too, cuz I knew no one would believe that story.. oh maybe its on my old phone. hmm cuz you cant make that stuff up!

lmao you got it before Ross and Rachel were on a break LMAO

you got here late to the party, like me! lol

Iron a poncho.. ya that El and I thought that was a great text btw

GREAT plan... but it would mean I would have to lie to my mother too.. she totally knows when Im lying still darn her LOL
Oh, I'd tell my Mom the truth. She'd help me lie to the kids. She's excellent at it.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:45 AM   #40
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Post Missing Text.. TRUE STORY!

I recharged my old phone to see if by chance I still had our conversation of when I basically invited myself on this years trip, while I was at the dentist to have my right side wisdom teeth extracted. By luck I found it, thank goodness Im a text msg horder! I literally lmao as I found this, dear god I wonder what my dentist thought while I was texting, setting up a vacation as she's yanking teeth out!

Off to the dentist I go

Cruise or WDW

Halfway done

The juice is setting in

I'll fit right in

Time to pull the top

Ya, so that REALLY happened! No joke! Best part is she knew how wild and crazy I was and El STILL wanted me to vacation with her! If thats not a great friendship I dont know what is? And did you notice the last text was June 2nd... girl doesnt mess around you say your IN she bookes next day. Planner after my own heart!

Counting down till August when you come to Cali... Miss ya!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #41
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Hurrah for another DIS Mom's TR! Can't wait to hear all about your fun!!

Sorry about the rain but love, love, LOVE your positive attitude about it.

Drea - love your son's suggestion that you take them to WDW to make them better kids. Smart kid you've got there! And am at your dentist story!

Love the cinco de drinko buttons-- super cute!

Bummed I missed Flower & Garden this year... it looks so pretty... even in the rain. And love the addition of the food (& wine) booths!!

Old 05-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #42
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I'm late again! In the words of one of my aunt's - always 2 hrs late - "you started without me???" Nice start - so fun to see Drea with you ladies! I'll be back to catch up - missed you while you were gone!
Old 05-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #43
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I am in Ellen !!So sad no Kara this time !!!The cruise by the way was great !!! I have TR going on it already too !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 05-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #44
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

So much looking forward to reading ths trip report, the Dismoms are always so much fun!!

We were driving up from Miami to Orlando through that rain - and it was even heavier in Southern Florida!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 05-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #45
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Please forgive me for not getting to replies tonight, but I wanted to do an update, so I will do replies later-

So we took the monorail to the Contemporary for our dinner at The Wave. We were pretty early, but I was hoping to score some dry pants, as I said. Anyway, soon Drea, me & my wetpants went downstairs for dinner-

Passing by the bar-

And heading to our table. I asked our server if they had any pants in the back for our table, or a blazing fire to warm up by, but unfortunately he had neither, although he did come up with a bunch of napkins to dry off with! That helped! Drea wasn't feeling so hot- her head was starting to pound, so she passed on a cocktail. I ordered a glass of white wine, our server asked me a couple of questions about what I like in wine (most everything except oaky chardonnay- blech! and I prefer dry, lighter whites) and he showed up with a bottle of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc- one of my favorites! So he poured me a glass. For dinner, I kind of wanted to try these two apps, so instead I ordered this app for two for just me for dinner- The Wave Appetizer for Two - lump crab Florida rock shrimp cakes, fish tacos with avocado gelato and house-made soft flour tortillas $16.99

I REALLY liked the crab/shrimp cakes! I really did NOT like the fish tacos- they were over-chipotle- too much, it was all you could taste, and they could have been fish, pork, chicken, ratatouille ....really the meat was unidentifiable. I would not get them again, but that avocado gelato was yummy! Drea had Whole Grain Penne Pasta - with Florida White Shrimp, Cedar Key Clams, Calico Scallops, and Roasted garlic-Tomato Broth $26.99

And guess what? Her's had lots of chipotle in it too! Isn't that kind of odd, when her menu description said nothing about spice? Anywho....we did have room for dessert. I tried No Sugar Added DessertsChocolate Hazelnut Mousse with Raspberry, Angel Food Cake with Seaonal Florida Berry Compote, and Vanilla Bean Crème Brûlée 8.49

I really enjoyed it! Drea went with Creamy Indulgence Butterscotch Crème Brûlée with Espresso Macaroon, New York Cheesecake with Seasonal Florida Berry Compote, and Olive Oil-infused Chocolate Truffle Mousse with Salted Caramel Sauce 8.49

Lucky us, the couple at the table next to us was celebrating their 40th Anniversary! We had gotten into a conversation with them about DVC, and they asked us if we wanted their complimentary champagne because they did not drink- well, thank you very much, you may not, but we sure do! Happy 6 hour anniversary, Drea!

Check paid, it was time to go find the monorail....

Look Lonnie! It's a bunny!

And as we were pulling in to the MK stop, what do you think we saw???

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: