Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #16
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Here! Of course I am. Feel like I should crack open a bottle of Merlot before I actually start reading though.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #17
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I'm in. Great start. Bummer on the massive amounts of rain but you're right, WDW even in the rain is better than almost anywhere else.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #18
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Trying to get in on this one early !!! Loved the Pink Slushie at Epcot. I agree it was the best one yet !!

You girls are so lucky to be able to manage these Dismoms trips. I can still barely get out of the house to play tennis. No way I could manage a Disney trip alone !!

Anyway, looking forward to following along. I hope you enjoyed better weather !!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #19
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Post Back it up a little

Hello all.. Im Drea (anewmac) finally off work (man it sure gets in the way of all the good stuff) and now have time to add my 50cents worth to catch up with El....

But 1st I think I need to take on a ride in my Delorian and go Back to the Future! Let you know how this trip got planned I really think its a great story (and not just cuz it involves me!)

So one day (not in band camp!) June 1, 2012 exactly, Im thinking man I would love to join those wild and crazy girls! Ive been reading their reports and we have text eachother on other vacations etc. Then as Im at the dentist to have my wisdom teeth taken out as Im waiting for the good stuff (laughing gas) to kick in.. Im reading the last trippy (the dream cruise) and I text El and say next Dismoms trip "IM IN!". I think we must have gone back and forth a few times,
El- "you sure?"
Me- "Ya Totally!",
El- "no really are you sure?"
Me- "Yes Im there!"

Why she didnt believe me I have no clue, I mean would you trust someone that just posted this on Facebook... lol

Well a few days later she text me again once I was um.. off the juice. To verify. Thats when I announced YES Im still in. The rest was history! Untill they mentioned about having to do an initiation into their lil crew Then I started rethinking things LMAO

Fast forward to May 1st 2013, I was heading down a day early. I was going to red eye it and get there at the same time as El (and Kara) but by the time I went to book the price shot up $200. So instead I booked to fly on Weds and just get a room at All Star Music with military discount (Im married to a US Marine if yall havent read my prior reports [those that are finished LOL]) Which ended up being a better idea since Im all the way on the other coast it gave me a chance to relaxe and start my trip our correctly!

it aint water or sprite kids Ill tell you that!

My lil buddy Elfis was making the trip out there too with his girlfriend Barb (to read more about him check out his blog http://vivalaselfis.blogspot.com/ ) (DONT JUDGE ME PLEASE LOL)

I flew out of Sunny San Diego at 1030am and was SUPPOSED to land at 730pm Mickey Time! Thanks to Laura's great idea I stocked up on some in flight beverages!

Its a good thing I did too because as soon as we sat in our seats the pilot came on and said the Flux Capasitor was broken and we would be changing planes

2hours later we were on our way in our new ride

My plan was to get to All Star check in and head to DTD to acctivate my Military tix, and get a beverage (cuz Im sure I would be parched by then!) But thanks to the falangy breaking on the plane. I didnt get to my resort till past 11pm BOO. I did get to drive the DME buss (not literally as in front seat!) and saw this exciting site!

When I checked in I asked the gal how I would transfer to Old Key West, I guess the english to japanesse translation was off and she was telling me 7hours to get down to Key West.. no hun the resort ohhh LMAO, she got her manager and he told me where to take my luggage. I head to my room and find this waiting for me.

and since I had a few flight provisions left I made myself a beverage, while enjoying watching The Suite Life of Zack and Cody reruns.

Seriously it took me like 5mins to realize I was watching a kids shows and my kids werent there. Then I sort of felt bad and called them (NEVER DO THIS.. oh the guilt, for about 2seconds! LOL) P (my 14yr old ds) says nana (my mom, who was helping watch them while DH was working) said you went to Dland.. NOPE I didnt go to Dland. whispers WDW. To which I hear WHAT why couldnt we go. I proceeded to tell him WELL no kids or dads are going, its just a time for moms to get together, relaxe, rejuvinate to be better moms. Where P then says MAYBE you should take us so we can be better kids! LMAO maybe I will again, someday. He passed the phone to J (my 10yr old ds) and he told me that it was jacked up I left them to go see Mickey without them and I said ya I know.. Ok Night love you. HAHA Then poured myself another drink, you know cuz I was so distrought that I left them HA! Finally I hit the rack as tmrw would be a big day and the next few days too!

Next Up: I meet a Dismom... eventually!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #20
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

:r otfl2::rot fl2::rotfl 2:

That's all I can think of right now.

Except- yea- that whole thing with the laughing gas is true- but I'd like to add- the text mid-conversation that said, "I can't text right now- they're back to pull more".

Hand to God-
Old 05-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #21
podsnel

I just have to add- I'm always mad when the flux capacitor breaks, but when the falangy goes????? UGHHHHHHHH.... that's the WORST!

Hugs & Kisses,
Phoebe

Last edited by podsnel; 05-16-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #22
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Post I meet a Dismom... eventually!

When I woke up I got ready and poured myself the last of the provisions in some OJ that I got from dinning last night.

I packed up and took a few pics of the room (its your standard value, nothing to write home about)
But I love the new soap caps!

Elfis and Barb were sharing a room with me. (Please dont judge me)

After I checked my luggage to transfer .. to OKW.. not Key West the city. I hopped on a bus to DTD, figuring I would activate my military pass, shop while I wait for El to arrive.

It had already started raining here and there

30mins later I was leaving DTD to hop on a bus to OKW to FINALLY meet a Dismom. I was the only one on the bus and the driver was really chatting it up with me (thinking, I still got it lol). So El said give the guy a show so he drops you off 1st .. ! Next time Ill try the show so I dont end up being the last stop! (apparently I dont got it)

As the driver is pulling up I see El, Im already grinning from ear to ear, Im so excited were gonna meet.. then I get off and where'd she go? Seriously people got in our way and I couldnt find her.. but once we do we screamed eachothers names and hugged and got misty eyed. Im sure people thought we were cray cray! We should have told them its our 1st time meeting since we met online and Im sure we would have gotten more looks!

Eventually our bus to Epcot came and off we went to enjoy the rainy day. Well not yet at least!

El asked me where I wanted to go 1st since I dont get out that way as often as her and my reply was, "I dont care, Im just HAPPY to be here!"

We made it just as the bars were opening (how perfect was our timing!) Since I had taking a LONG bus ride and El was on a LONG flight we were really thirsty. So we found the 1st kiosk we could and dove right in!
You will see this beverage a few times this weekend.. but it was sooo good I have to show it again this time!

It was so great to toast with this girl.. many many times lol

As we made our way around the world we would window shop also. They had really cute stuff (I wish I would have got the Mickey shape stepping stone now darn it! Oh well Ill make it LOL)

A rainy day at Disney is better than a sunny day at work! (even better when you dont have kids or a hubby whining about it)

Isnt she just adorable! She was so good about taking my pic I eventually got out of my shyness (HA me shy) and made her do it too!

After we made stops in France, Morroco and Italy we thought we better do a ride or 2 to walk off the alcohol LOL.

El asked me what I wanted to ride 1st since I dont get out that way as often as her and my reply was, "I dont care, Im just HAPPY to be here!"

Since Test Track was out of commision, I was ok with that since we have Carsland in Dland!

So then our FP's for Soaring were almost ready. When I saw El taking pics of her feet I thought thats a cute shot, but not so cute Nike's LOL and No El I have no clue where this is still

OH OH OHH I know this one.. Its Dland, you know the park BIGGER than WDW! Have you heard that El its BIGGER! lol

But I did find you this, to study before you trip this summer! That way as you ride it you can tell Ty and Tim each city.. Im sure they will want to know!!! lol
City's in Soarin'

And yes I DID want to ride Living with the land.. seriously! Every time Ive been with the family they never wanted to do it. So it was a walk on (No clue why it didnt have a long line or need fast passes LOL) and El devirginized me on this ride!

They added some animatronics to this ride we heard.. lol Actually there were CM's grooming and planting things and on our boat some lil kid said are those robots, and the CM's started doing robot moves it was great!

Look ma Im driving the boat (it doesnt happen much on this trip.. I wonder why they dont trust us to be in front? LOL)

I did thanks for asking! (but Im good never having to ride it again LOL)

After Soaring we thought we better make our way to the Contemp for an earlydinner at the Wave. It was really coming down, but its ok we have our rain gear, poncho up girl! Wait is that the RIGHT FINGER? (this will come into play later too!.. wait for it.. wait for it!)

A rainy day at Disney is better than a sunny day at home, a rainy day at disney is better than a sunny day at home... I kept repeating this

It could be worse I could be a WORK!

Gee El I wonder how you got so soaked?

Once we got on the Monorail, El tried to call home, or they tried to call her but she couldnt hear them, or they couldnt hear her?? I dont remember exactly. (I blame it on the Breakfast Oj, Slushy, Wine, and more wine!) So she needed to dry her phone off since it SOMEHOW got wet...? Since she didnt have any part of her dry, I offered her my shirt. Thats what friends are for! Keep Shining, keep smiling, knowing you can always cant on me.. thats for sure!

Rain wasnt to bad most of the day, we would poncho up (this really doesnt come into play YET technically but like El said its just so funny to say!) then 2 seconds later it would stop, and we would poncho down. Great exersice, but bad for your hair and clothes.

Anyhow, as we got off the monrail we saw the best sight, a Rainbow.. then noticed it just wasnt 1 but a DOUBLE RAINBOW. Some lil girl said "THIS IS the happiest place on earth!" I agreed, we are just into part of day 1 and Im having the time of my life!

Next up... I dont feel so good.. but theres always room for dessert!

Last edited by anewmac; 05-19-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:03 AM   #23
WannaBeADisMom
WDW...it's my "happy place"....

Page 2?!?! How did THAT happen?

DISmoms Round TWO! Don't Axe, Don't Tell!!;DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits....5/13-5/17/11;
DISmoms 4-The Hunt for Jack Sparrow--Our most recent shenanigans!

Old 05-17-2013, 07:00 AM   #24
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Yay - another trip report! Looks like you guys had a good start. The Desert Rose drink looks yummy.
Hi Kristi! It was nice- but the slushie was the drink that was TDF. By the way, I am VERY excited about our St Martin Boat trip with Captain Bob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Wouldn't miss a DISmoms trip for the world. ..... and I even made page one.

Okay, now going back to read.
Hi Karin!!! Thanks for coming along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Oh popcorn at the ready - I am in !!
That's great Linda! Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
im here...late but here
Hey Laura! But I don't get it- how are you late?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Joining in! Great start!!
Thanks for joining us! And welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Hey, I'm hear, can't wait to start reading. Let the fun begin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Yay, I made page one, super. OMG, those pink drinks look fabulous! I want one of the slushies, but am never there at the right time. The wine looked so refreshing as did the wine flight. I think I need to open a bottle ASAP!
Hi there Mother of Wicket! Those pink drinks were Da Bomb! I wish they would offer them all the time-
Old 05-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #25
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
Joining in!
Wonderful!! Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm in! Cinco de Mayo will never be the same!

Jill in CO
Hey Jill! Thanks for stopping by! You are right- Cinco de Mayo will never be the same- I've spent 2 in a row in Epcot, BOTH were great days! I have no idea where I will be next May 5th, but I can't imagine it will be as fun as this was-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Here! Of course I am. Feel like I should crack open a bottle of Merlot before I actually start reading though.
At least! This was a very thirsty trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm in. Great start. Bummer on the massive amounts of rain but you're right, WDW even in the rain is better than almost anywhere else.
Hey darlin'! And- it sure is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Trying to get in on this one early !!! Loved the Pink Slushie at Epcot. I agree it was the best one yet !!

Hello there! Was that the perfect slushieor what?

You girls are so lucky to be able to manage these Dismoms trips. I can still barely get out of the house to play tennis. No way I could manage a Disney trip alone !!

If there's a will, there's a way..... I highly recommend a trip with girlfriends- no one to worry about but YOURSELF- not something I want everyday, but it REALLY recharges my batteries every time!

Anyway, looking forward to following along. I hope you enjoyed better weather !!
We did, it improved greatly after the first day, which was not what the weather report was saying, so we were just sooo happy those weather people were SO wrong!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #26
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeADisMom View Post
Page 2?!?! How did THAT happen?
Well, first there's page 1, and then comes page 2......

Nice to see you Joanie-
Old 05-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #27
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Okay since we are now officially onto day two, I'm chiming in. Two years ago I joined these women I had never met for a trip to WDW...what can I say it was awesome and I wanted to go back. I knew that I couldn't join them on a the cruise. Yes I still have fear of a ship tipping over, running out of power or hitting an ice berg. Never let a 9 yr old watch the Poseidon Adventure- seriously if I ever got on a cruise and saw Earnest Borgnine or Shelly Winters I may jump over board....yes I know they are dead. Anyway... when it came around again I too said I'm in for the land portion and I'd love to spend an extra day with Miss Lonnie at WDW. After all I was just happy to be there... so I created our button for the weekend

So as those two are dealing with the rain, I start to run around Minnesoder looking for rain gear. Man that confused people as we were expecting snow the next day. Seriously this is the spring that never happened. I loved all the texts I was getting. At one point I was actually ironing a poncho to seal the side so I wouldn't get wet. yes I was that nuts. I knew I was happy to go and I wasn't going to let some silly rain make me miss this trip.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #28
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
[SIZE="3"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
And yes I DID want to ride Living with the land.. seriously! Every time Ive been with the family they never wanted to do it. So it was a walk on (No clue why it didnt have a long line or need fast passes LOL) and El devirginized me on this ride!
[/B]
Be honest the only reason you wanted to ride the Land ride is because you were 40 inches!

Old 05-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #29
podsnel

FOWTY!!! She's FOWTY inches!! She can ride!!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #30
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
Okay since we are now officially onto day two, I'm chiming in. Two years ago I joined these women I had never met for a trip to WDW...what can I say it was awesome and I wanted to go back. I knew that I couldn't join them on a the cruise. Yes I still have fear of a ship tipping over, running out of power or hitting an ice berg. Never let a 9 yr old watch the Poseidon Adventure- seriously if I ever got on a cruise and saw Earnest Borgnine or Shelly Winters I may jump over board....yes I know they are dead.

You do know neither one dies on the Poseidon FOR REAL or on any other ship, don't you?????????

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: