Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #91
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

As long as there will always be a free option, I'll be ok with the new system. It's just that I remembered reading a long time ago that the FP+ referred to the pay-extra option to pre-schedule your FPs, which is something I am not interested in at all. I thought the limit of 3 referred to the pay option, not the free FPs. But mostly I'm hoping that they won't be phasing out the free FPs.

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #92
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by aVASTGrl View Post
As long as there will always be a free option, I'll be ok with the new system. It's just that I remembered reading a long time ago that the FP+ referred to the pay-extra option to pre-schedule your FPs, which is something I am not interested in at all. I thought the limit of 3 referred to the pay option, not the free FPs. But mostly I'm hoping that they won't be phasing out the free FPs.
No plans AFAIK to make FP or FP+ pay-only. You might be thinking of Universal, where you can get something similar to FP, but you have to pay extra for it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #93
TTA Rider Matt
Earning My Ears

How does this new system work? I'm going June 30, can I call now and ask about it? Or do I have to wait until I get there to see if I am one of the lucky ones?
1999 - Yacht Club, All Star Sports
2000 - Old Key West
2001 - Boardwalk
2002 - All Star Movies, Boardwalk
2003 - Boardwalk
2004 - Boardwalk
2005 - Caribbean Beach, Pop Century
2007 - Boardwalk
2010 - Boardwalk, Dolphin

2013 - Beach Club Villas
TTA Rider Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #94
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
No plans AFAIK to make FP or FP+ pay-only. You might be thinking of Universal, where you can get something similar to FP, but you have to pay extra for it.
Nope, not thinking of Universal. I read it in regards to Disney's FP+. Good to know they are not moving towards pay only. I would not be pleased.

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

Old 05-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #95
cheer25mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
Is this not stressing anyone else out? I am not fond of the idea of fp+ at all and don't want to have to so intensely plan my trips! Can someone offer some of the positives of this system for people other than over planners?
Yes, it is really stressful for me. NOT HAPPY at all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4under4 View Post
I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but is there any consideration for fp runners with the bands? I don't think DH will want to wear 6 bands, and I can't imagine dragging the kids to btmrr if we're in tomorrowland just to get a fp. I hope there is some way to link them!
There wouldn't be any runnning and pulling a fastpass with the bands. From what I understand, You would book them in advance or in the parks from certralized kiosks. There will be no more going to that attraction to get FP. I ma guessing the in order to use traditional FP and FP+ during the testing guests must be given a magic band AND a ticket on KTTW or paper. I don't see any other way of using both.
cheer25mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #96
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer25mom View Post
There wouldn't be any runnning and pulling a fastpass with the bands. From what I understand, You would book them in advance or in the parks from certralized kiosks. There will be no more going to that attraction to get FP. I ma guessing the in order to use traditional FP and FP+ during the testing guests must be given a magic band AND a ticket on KTTW or paper. I don't see any other way of using both.
Not necessarily true. One theory is that you will get 3 attractions per day that you can FP+ in advance, and in addition to those 3 you will be able to "pull" (virtually) FPs the day of from the attractions just like before. No one knows if this is true or not, just speculation.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #97
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
Not necessarily true. One theory is that you will get 3 attractions per day that you can FP+ in advance, and in addition to those 3 you will be able to "pull" (virtually) FPs the day of from the attractions just like before. No one knows if this is true or not, just speculation.
This is the scenario I'm hoping is true. I do like the idea of a central location instead of having to zig-zag around the park. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Old 05-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #98
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
Can someone offer some of the positives of this system for people other than over planners?
Anyone??
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #99
mickeygirl14
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell us how this is working? Are they giving out bands at check-in and allowing those selected to make advance FP+ reservations then? Or are people being selected prior to arriving? We'll be there in a few weeks and curious as to how this is going to affect wait times with FP+, regular FP and stand-by options.

'84: Offsite '94: Offsite '96: ASMu Disneymoon Aug '00: POFQ Sept '07: FW-Cabins Sept '10: POR
Feb '11: Made it to WWOHP Sept '11: CR June '12: Swan Surprise Trip Oct '12: Marriott June '13: BC Oct '13: Hilton
June '14: Hilton Oct '14: Hilton

My first WWOHP Visit Report - Did I mention there was FREE butterbeer?

A Host of HOKIES Heads Back to the World! - Sept 2011 PTR.
mickeygirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #100
ThurlFan
Grim Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzCMlightyear View Post
You may book FP in advance, or day of from a computer/smartphone/kiosk.
Will there still be walk-ups? For example, if we are riding BTMRR and notice that the FP return time for Splash works well for our schedule can we go the a kiosk and get FP on the spot? If it works the way it does now with the main difference being an electronic 'ticket' instead of a paper one, that's a pretty manageable change. Or would that be something we do via smartphone if we're already in the park that day?

Also, how far in advance people can book will be key. In theory you can book table service dining the day of, but good luck getting a seat at CRT if you're not 180 days out. I think the concern on many peoples' part is that - like popular dining spots - popular attractions will have to be booked way in advance or FP will not be available.

Would like to see them strike a good balance between day-of and advance reservations. My hope is that they hold a significant number of reservations for walk-up type distribution like they have now with the paper system.
ThurlFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #101
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Don't get too excited yet folks. 100 spread throughout the parks is a tiny sample. It's just a test. But it's a sign this is things are ready to move forward again soon. For now though..... just pretend it's not there.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #102
Sphinx610
DIS Veteran

Question

I think its making people nervous bc we are all used to the current system and know how to do the workarounds so we can make the most out of it. No one knows the entire story or how it works out in real life and there is that "fear" of the unknown...
For example, what impact will it have on the availability of FastPass for people that don't want to pre-plan their vacation to include ride times? (how would you even use old FP if you don't have a ticket. You can't) I like making my ADR's ahead but how do I know which park and ride I will feel like doing on a specific date 180 days away? Will we be forced into doing that? We just don't know yet.

I do like the idea of the band, 3 fastpasses per day kind of stinks, especially if the rumor about only being able to use them in one park whether you hop or not is true.

Just my two cents...
Old 05-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #103
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeygirl14 View Post
Can anyone tell us how this is working? Are they giving out bands at check-in and allowing those selected to make advance FP+ reservations then? Or are people being selected prior to arriving? We'll be there in a few weeks and curious as to how this is going to affect wait times with FP+, regular FP and stand-by options.
Anything you see in the test may or may not apply when it goes live for the masses.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #104
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeygirl14 View Post
Actually, no, no one can tell because it's not working yet.
There are lots of guesses
AngiTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #105
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

I am putting out my guess in that they'll maintain something for those who are last minute guests. I have no idea what or no inside knowledge other than an assumption they won't want to piss off the last minute people. Every guest is not a planner and they have to know that.
AngiTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: