Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #751
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileygirl View Post
Robo

I think the way they tiered the system will make sure that the average joe gets a good fast pass, and then two medicore ones. They will be happier in my opinion for sure.

The more relevant aspect is: are we going to be happy with space, HM and Jungle cruise. And the obvious answer is not. Because in the old system, we didnt need a fp for JC or HM. Under this new system, we probably will

And that sucks.
Why would a first-timer be happier with their 2 chump FP's than an experienced guest
(after they have seen the chump attractions?)

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #752
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganDVC View Post
I can't articulate how much I disagree. What "first-time" guest has a clue about FP+? Actually, they probably know more than we do because while we're here speculating about 1,000 scenarios that COULD happen but probably never will, they are happily going about their lives...
Can you please re-read my post (and do so in relation to the post to which I referred and quoted?)

Sorry, but I can't see how your remark relates to what I said.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #753
Rileygirl
DIS Veteran

You know I hear ya mom2rtk.
And its true, I am totally worried as well.

We havent even touched the other whole thing regarding what might woo us, the dis vet. Im not going to get into it tonight, Its another can of worms, and maybe more controversial then the other stuff I have mentioned. My fingers are too tired!

Doggydoc
I would invite you to read this thread if you havent already.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....+pass+capacity
This gives the whole thought process regarding the potential numbers. Yes its speculation, but I think BCROOK did an excellent job on it.

Mom2Mickeyfan
Another good point. However, my counter point is : who the heck will have figured this out that even if you leap at your 60 day window, you dont need to. Not the average person I dont think. Not the average off site person I dont think. So although its not really a perk, its percieved to be one.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #754
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganDVC View Post
I can't articulate how much I disagree. What "first-time" guest has a clue about FP+? Actually, they probably know more than we do because while we're here speculating about 1,000 scenarios that COULD happen but probably never will, they are happily going about their lives...
I don't think his point had anything to do with wheather a "first-time" guest will have a clue about FP+ but that after Disney "pushes" them into rides that us planners don't want to book FP+s for so that they may "disperse" the crowds, they will walk not being very happy. Top that with now they are in a SB line for 2 or 3 hours for Space or Splash Mountain and wondering why Disney didn't give THEM a FP+ for that ride instead. Not the greatest word of mouth about that when they get home. What it would do is make those guest book their FP+s before they arrive IF they decide to give Disney another try.
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #755
MichiganDVC
Can barely see my Kool-aid bath with these Rose-colored glasses on....

Here's what I know while knowing nothing...

Here's what I know while knowing nothing...

1. We have no clue how many fastpasses anyone will get on any given day for any given ride based on the resort you stay in.

2. There are more people in the world, therefore more days when MK and other parks will reach near-max capacity. This means longer lines and less FPs. If Space Mountain really makes or breaks your vacation, get there 8:30am and ride it first. Save your allotted FP for your 2nd E-ticket ride and stand in line for the 3rd.

3. HM + POTC+ JC does = happiness for me! These are my must rides! No MK visit is complete without these. Sure, BTMR is fun, but it doesn't compare to Pirates.

I guess I don't get it. BTMR is a semi-thrill ride with minimal backstory. So is Splash MT. You can get similar, and better, thrills at your local Six Flags. But Pirates....Haunted Mansion....this is what makes Disney special!

And for those people who claim that they can only come to WDW every 5 years and must ride every e-ticket ride 7 times in order to enjoy their vacation: ... There is more to WDW than fast-moving coasters.

1980 - Contemporary
1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990- Poly
1991 - Yacht Club 1996 - Offsite 2000 - Poly 2003 - Offsite
2008, 2009 - Boardwalk Villas 2010 - Offsite, Boardwalk Villas
2011 - Beach Club, Boardwalk Villas, Bay Lake Tower 2012 - Boardwalk Villas, WL/Poly 2013 - Beach Club, AKL-Kidani, Bay Lake Tower
2014 - Boardwalk, Poly
MichiganDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #756
doggydoc
It's not a midlife crisis I'm just a car enthusiast.....honest

Quote:

Doggydoc

You always sound so mad to me. I hope you are not mad, and that I have not pissed you off. Not at all my intent.
Sorry, I'm not mad at all, I actually enjoy a good debate. I seem to have a rather terse way of posting. I think it is due to typing out medical records all day where I am trying to deliver the most information in the fewest words possible

Quote:
How will fp+ replace EMH? Well, I think that Disney believes this will be a much better and desireable method of operating, that it will 'work' for the majority, and use certain perks eventually that are linked to fp+ to be the incentive, rather then emh.
When E nights were gotten rid of, there was a huge howling of protest I seem to remember. People were upset. That dam EMH cant replace E nights! thats a terrible idea. Will never work.
Very nebulous and speculative. People have plenty of economic incentive to stay off-site, they will need something more concrete to encourage them to pay extra to stay on-site.

Quote:
3 fast passes can be very efficient crowd control. If they are spread out appropriately. and, its not that its just 3 fast passes, but its 180 thousand people spread out between 4 6 parks, scheduled for either mornings or afternoons that will be the effective crowd control. Not sure I can spell out my theory any better.
Ykwim?
3 FP's will encompass about 15 minutes of the average guests day. The rest of the time will be spent sweating in the SB line. If Disney is hoping to pull off the kind of control you are suggesting it will be the biggest IT coup in history.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #757
doggydoc
It's not a midlife crisis I'm just a car enthusiast.....honest

Quote:
Doggydoc
I would invite you to read this thread if you havent already.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....+pass+capacity
This gives the whole thought process regarding the potential numbers. Yes its speculation, but I think BCROOK did an excellent job on it.
Oh I've been on these threads since the beginning and read that post when it was posted. You can't do an excellent job without actual hard numbers which bcrook doesn't have access to. I could make up a bunch of numbers to support any conclusion I want.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #758
Rileygirl
DIS Veteran

I obviously also enjoy a good debate.

I humbly disagree with you regarding 3 fp's taking 15 minutes. You know what I am going to say. Disney is going to set up the system so that the 'pre bookers' time line will be spread out. So, a fp at Hm at 10:30. then maybe their CS got prebooked: look cold burgers at Pecos. Yum. Then maybe Splash at 3 pm. In between, they may take in another attraction or too. And yes, I absolutely think this is a million times better then what they are doing now ROBO! And, guess what, all those people, those 80% that complained when we were in the fp line and they were waiting in the standby line. well guess what, disney let them in on the secret. When they walk on Space, they will be so proud and happy. And when they wait for BTMRR, they think, well, those people in the fp line must have picked this as their fp+, so they dont get angry waiting. And if they score another fp on the suprise and amaze feature, you dont think they will love the system?

Also doggydoc, I dont think you are giving enough credit regarding the overall crowds both onsite and offsite being spread between 4 theme parks and 2 water parks. This will help lessen that space mountain standby time perhaps by a significant amount.

hmm, ok, as I typed that out, I dont think standby lines will actually be lessened at all, even if they equalize all people throughout the 6 parks.
Bad argument.

My brain is fried. Time to tune off. Thanks everyone for the great debate. I got my fp fix.

Happy posting!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #759
Robo

Something just doesn't feel right.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #760
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmak1214 View Post
Hi everyone! I am confused about FP+. Will be heading to Disney soon! My understanding is that the new fastpass system is not up and running for all guests yet. Is that correct? Worried they will begin using it right before we get there and I won't know it started. From the posts I've read it seems like there isn't a definite start date yet.

You are correct. No start date has been announced, and I don't think you have anything to worry about.

If by "soon," you mean that your trip is in the next, say, 3 months, I think there is virtually no chance that FP+ will be up and running.

Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
g-dad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #761
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4under4 View Post
And to add my 2 cents to the whole smart phone issue... I seem to recall not too long ago plenty of dissers up in arms over Parent X texting while on IASW instead of enjoying time with their family in such a magical place [or lighting up a dark ride with their too bright screen, or stepping on heals while they walked blindly through the crowds, etc.]. Imagine an entire park filled with people, nose down trying reschedule a FP+. I don't think that would be fun at all.

Besides kiosks, they are going to need slow lanes for people looking at their screens
I have been loosely following this since it started, ... what you said makes a lot of sense... I don't own a smart phone but my husband and daughter do... I can just see people walking looking down at phones, tripping, falling, and then trying to sue Disney because after all they were looking something up on the Disney app for a FP or dining reservation, etc...
I don't even take a phone with me to the parks, I'm there to be on vacation
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #762
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Something just doesn't feel right.
ya think?
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
Old 05-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #763
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

prebooking for CS? did I miss this somewhere? please tell me that was a joke...

also, do we have to purchase the wristbands? if so, how much? are they good for more than one trip?
Old 05-24-2013, 10:29 PM   #764
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresnr View Post
This is no joke.
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:29 PM   #765
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresnr View Post

also, do we have to purchase the wristbands? if so, how much? are they good for more than one trip?
As for CS, not a joke. For your other questions, the answers are mostly unknown. It is expected you are not required to purchase a band.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: