Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #1696
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
I believe BOG fastpass is for concierge level resort guests right now.

I find that interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
We are staying CL for the first time next month. Maybe well get lucky!
Enjoy!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #1697
Happy99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post

Universal Studios Preferred Annual Pass (no black out days, which often gives discounts on hotels, gives 10% off food and merch), is $289 and renewal is $189

WDW Annual Pass (no black out days, and often gives discounts on hotels and merch) is $609 and renewal is $563.
US 2parks, WDW 4 parks
That has probably something to do with the difference in price too
Happy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #1698
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Yes, but that is the power pass and it will not get you any discounts or free parking.

With the 40% off of hotel rooms with the Universal Preferred, one short stay will often pay for your pass.
And that may be the way to go. I was just pointing out to rileygirl that there is a small price increase available for more than 4 days passes.

You can get a 7 day hopper for $199 as long as you don't go Xmas Easter ot July, plus it's good for a year.

Or a 7 day for $289 any time of the year plus discounts like you say isn't bad either, esp if you do a 2nd trip a year later. And renew for $189.

Last edited by jade1; 06-02-2013 at 12:10 AM.
jade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:27 AM   #1699
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Can someone sum up the Fastpass + and magicbands so I don't have to try to sort through 114 pages.

*May 2015-Grand Floridian and Beach Club * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
robinbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:31 AM   #1700
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbutterfly View Post
Can someone sum up the Fastpass + and magicbands so I don't have to try to sort through 114 pages.
First thing to know is that neither FP+ or MagicBands are NOT currently available to guests.

Nobody knows anything "for sure."
And, what we do "know" or can piece together from the "moving target of dripped out information"
is confusingly complex enough that it cannot be summed up in just a few words.

But...
HERE and HERE ya go.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #1701
Rileygirl
DIS Veteran

deleted

Last edited by Rileygirl; 06-10-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Rileygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #1702
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileygirl View Post
I'd like to see Universal spank disney, and spank them hard.
Yes. That is pretty evident in your posts.

Quote:
Disneys price structure has not changed at all, so its effectively saying, Universal you are still not even in our league.
I'd say they are still probably mostly right when you consider all the elements involved.

Quote:
Remember the old Mac VS PC commercials?
Just as with Apple and Microsoft, you don't have to unseat your competition to be wildly successful. Universal doesn't have to be the leader or even necessarily have that as a goal.

I do still see Disney adding more attractions at WDW over the next 5 years, so they will still be growing. Investors certainly have liked Disney over the past year. I don't know how much MM+ will help, but I don't think it will hurt their revenue models.
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:08 AM   #1703
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy99 View Post
US 2parks, WDW 4 parks
That has probably something to do with the difference in price too
You'd think it would but the annual passes at DL are way more expensive than Universal too---at least by a few hundred dollars.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:15 AM   #1704
NYDisneyKid
Expedition Everest Record Holder

Wait till Diagon Alley opens at US,,,can we say "price increase"? As Mr Rogers would say,,"lets say it together".
Old 06-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #1705
pmiranda
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
I understand what you are saying. I talked my DH into getting a tablet and signing up for a data plan because of all the new stuff coming to Disney parks. We had been on the fence so this pushed is over. Thing is, we got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and THE APP WON'T WORK ON IT!! Beyond annoyed about this. It isn't like we purchased some no name tablet! I don't understand why it won't work. It seems if Disney really wants guest to use this app then they will get it working on ALL devices!! I mean, I can get Angry Birds to work on our tablet and even our Nook tablet but the Disney app...no luck!
Blame Android, their SDK is plagued with issues that make programming apps on IOS much less complicated. Some apps port over a lot easier than others. That's why you'll find Android apps that have ported from IOS that just don't have the same umphh or constantly crash or whatever. But true, you'd think Disney would be above the average Joe. I'm just excited we'll be able to split up at times and have the option to facetime the kids easily whenever needed.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #1706
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyKnack View Post
Ok we don't own smart phones or Ipads - does anyone have advice on the cheapest way to stay connected in the parks? I guess Disney is trying to get me to give my money to someone else because it looks like I have no choice but to buy tech I've never wanted and wont really want to use for anything else... but if that's what I have to do to stay "competitive' so be it; and you can bet that money is going to come out of cash I would have spent on stuff at Disney.
If you are really concerned about it you can get a smart phone for free and a one month contract from companies like StraightTalk for $50 unlimited everything. I would think Disney would have kiosks set up that you get scan your own band to check your schedule.

No trips planned for now but fingers crossed for DCL in 2015.
darnheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #1707
linzbear
Flirts with Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
I understand what you are saying. I talked my DH into getting a tablet and signing up for a data plan because of all the new stuff coming to Disney parks. We had been on the fence so this pushed is over. Thing is, we got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and THE APP WON'T WORK ON IT!! Beyond annoyed about this. It isn't like we purchased some no name tablet! I don't understand why it won't work. It seems if Disney really wants guest to use this app then they will get it working on ALL devices!! I mean, I can get Angry Birds to work on our tablet and even our Nook tablet but the Disney app...no luck!
It does actually work, you just have to sideload it. That is, get a copy of the APK yourself and install it manually. It's blocked on the play store for all Android tablets, and I've sent a complaint in about it, but they don't seem to care.

In any case, I have a Galaxy Tab 2, and it is installed on it, but it was a pain in the butt to get it there and I didn't even use it while we were in the world. Just used my phone instead.
04/92 - CBR | 03/94 - Offsite | 03/03 - VWL | 05/05 - BWV | 05/06 - DLR | 12/06 - VWL | 04/07 - BCV | 10/07 - OKW/AKV | 12/07 - VWL | 09/08 - OKW | 10/09 - AKV | 11/10 - AKV/VWL | 10/11 - BLT/Swan | 5/13 - VWL
Planned:
11/14 - AKV
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #1708
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

If my vacation is perfect then Universal is a 4 day resort and WDW is a 7 day resort. I know of people who spend a full week at Universal but there are those who stay at a beach resort with way less to do for a week too. It really depends on what a person is looking for in a vacation.

I don't see why the two resorts can't coexist peacefully. I prefer to go to both myself and hopefully always will. That does leave poor SeaWorld out but a person can't do everything!

Regardless of this, I still don't want to carry any kind of phone in the parks.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #1709
mousemoose
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzbear View Post
It does actually work, you just have to sideload it. That is, get a copy of the APK yourself and install it manually. It's blocked on the play store for all Android tablets, and I've sent a complaint in about it, but they don't seem to care.

In any case, I have a Galaxy Tab 2, and it is installed on it, but it was a pain in the butt to get it there and I didn't even use it while we were in the world. Just used my phone instead.
Where can you find a copy of the apk file for My Disney Experience? I have the same problem with my Android.

Edit: Nevermind - I found one

Last edited by mousemoose; 06-02-2013 at 06:44 PM. Reason: found it
mousemoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #1710
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnheather View Post
I would think Disney would have kiosks set up that you get scan your own band to check your schedule.
That has been much discussed.

However, there appear to be none of these "guest kiosks" in the parks now,
and it's getting very close to time for the first guest tests of MagicBands and FP+. (And, all of the other "touch-point" readers HAVE been installed.)

There are some kiosks that look to be specifically for Cast Members to access, but it doesn't
seem practical that a CM would have to read your FP+ info to you... and potentially hundreds of other guests.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: