Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #151
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleBeautyandtheBeast View Post
By spending less time in queue lines they are guessing you will spend more time shopping, doing pay attractions (tours, BBB, etc.) or eating. They view you standing in a queue line as wasted time, time that you could be doing other stuff that potentially makes them more money. Who knows if it will actually work that way. Time will tell.
This doesn't make any sense to me though. I know you're correct and this is what "Disney" is using as theoretical reasoning, but only allowing 3 fastpasses per day, would cause us to theoretically spend more time in lines, as we always use way more than 3 a day.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #152
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
Is this not stressing anyone else out? I am not fond of the idea of fp+ at all and don't want to have to so intensely plan my trips! Can someone offer some of the positives of this system for people other than over planners?
There's the potential of not having to run all over the park to get the FPs, go back to what you were doing, then go on back to ride. If there's a more centralized point, or if you can do it on your phone, etc, that's a lot less nonsensical criss-crossing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
Actually, no, no one can tell because it's not working yet.
There are lots of guesses
There are about 300 who could tell us, I imagine, since it's Tuesday and the OP said it's been being tested since Sunday. The question is...are they in this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
"Only" 60 days in advance is specifically mentioned in the Terms and Conditions. I disregard all other rumored numbers as long as that is there.
It also matches the new online checkin timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBelleMom View Post
I forget that there are people out there who just wing it when it comes to Disney - then I read about or run into them. I really do hope that the solution for them is easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTink View Post
I honestly feel really badly for travelers who inevitably will just show up at Disney. They are plenty of them out there. They will book a hotel room offsite and plan to just mosey on over to the parks without a master plan. They will not likely know anything about fast pass plus beforehand.

There are going to be so many frustrated people wandering around the parks not feeling any Disney "magic" whatsoever.
Those people don't generalize use FP, though. Aren't they the ones grumbling about how much "those people" must have paid as they go by in the FP line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
This is WDW only, right? Not DLR? We will be at DisneyLand this summer and I want to make sure there's no surprise.
Not DLR. But I believe DLR stopped allowing late use of FPs. Sadness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
This doesn't make any sense to me though. I know you're correct and this is what "Disney" is using as theoretical reasoning, but only allowing 3 fastpasses per day, would cause us to theoretically spend more time in lines, as we always use way more than 3 a day.
That's where I get stuck, too.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #153
Snow Wight
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

My friend just checked into Poly today. She is going to concierge to check into it. Hopefully we can get some firsthand info.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Snow Wight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #154
jerivera
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleBeautyandtheBeast View Post
By spending less time in queue lines they are guessing you will spend more time shopping, doing pay attractions (tours, BBB, etc.) or eating. They view you standing in a queue line as wasted time, time that you could be doing other stuff that potentially makes them more money. Who knows if it will actually work that way. Time will tell.
Interesting. I view it as wasted time too.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #155
superdisneydork
Mouseketeer

I'm getting quite nervous now, I had hoped roll-outs would be delayed to minimize impact on my September trip.

As the other posters have commented, my main concern is with this concept of having to book my rides 60 days out. It sounds chillingly like ADRs, which never play nice with me because A) I may not really have that much warning on a trip and B) I can't possibly be sure what I'm going to want to ride/eat and when at 2 months.

Obviously, I'm going to hit the big ones like TT, Soarin, ToT, etc, but in what order and time I don't know. Plus, if I get to the park and find out I have a FP for a time when that ride is just not busy, well that's really frustrating, and wasteful. I am afraid though that if I don't book them 60 days out, they'll be gone when I get to the park.

I love the concept of picking them up by phone/kiosk with magic bands in the park. I hate the 3 per day limit/1 park per day (I use PH often) and I really hate the idea of pulling them 2 months out.

Ideally, I could pull up to 3 at the 60 day mark, for one park per day, and then when I get there I could get additional ones for the park I'm in once my band has been gate scanned. That seems like best case, but unlikely. I'd also be quite happy with choosing between picking three in advance OR using the FP+ system in the park to pull from my phone once I've arrived, with no limits. Or them just not getting rid of the old FP (which is almost what I expected, otherwise the FP+ name is kind of weird, it'd be like PP+ with PP)

Hopefully some of this stuff gets cleared up soon, but I'm not getting Magical feelings here...

Matt
superdisneydork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #156
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I don't understand how being limited to three fastpasses a day (and only one headliner if the rumors are true) helps anyone save time. That part of the plan escapes me too.

I hope that someone will post details about the bands. I don't like to wear things on my wrist when it's hot but I don't carry a bag either. I'm hoping that they are soft enough to easily carry in a pocket.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #157
Tink3rbell86
Mouseketeer

Before they roll anything out for FP+ they probably should get the MyDisneyExperience app working properly. It still doesn't recognize my Vacation reservation number and some of my dining reservations are missing (but i can see it all online...except my balance and cant make payments) If these things don't work how do i know that when FP+ is rolled out it will 1. allow me to actually make the FP+ reservation 2. That it will be there when i get to the ride, plus soo many more questions. Why does Disney have the worst website ??

We love to park hop and even tho we do plan out our dinner ADR's it plays a small part in where we may spend our day because we often go back to epcot for dinner. So the fact that now i would have to figure out what park i would be in each day to make sure i had FP and only be able to use the 3 in one park would stress me out.

If they did do it that you could only do 3 in one park each day that may cause more people to not buy park hoppers! I guess we will all just have to wait and see...

7 trips and counting
Me DH , DD3 & DS9months

t-33days til our next disney world trip. No better time to write my first PTR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3159886

Returning to the world September 21-30th staying at POR
DS first trip DD second trip
Tink3rbell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #158
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BebopBaloo View Post
Can we consider letting this thread go back to the -hey FP+ is being tested in the parks, right now, hooray- type of thread that it started as?

Hooray !.
I want to be randomly selected for that magic wrist band!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #159
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by capegirl View Post

Hooray !.
I want to be randomly selected for that magic wrist band!
lol me too
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1

BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #160
msmileyface
Mouseketeer

I called Disney. I told them I am travelling in June and asked if I would have to worry about the new FastPass system. The person on the phone was very surprised I was even asking about this. He said, "Oh, no.. that's only JUST being piloted now and it won't really be rolled out until 2014." Just my 2 cents.
msmileyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #161
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCFanatik View Post
Wasn't there an "Official" Speculation FP+ thread that covers all this already posted?

Yes, please dont get excited because nothing good can come of the new FP+ system. It is just designed by Disney to get people to spend more money in the parks. It is also designed to reward the person that doesnt rope drop and can in the future will be able to get an FP+ without having to get to DHS an hour before it opens.

This will drive people away in droves to other vacation destinations because it will decrease the value of a Disney vacation. Just like the implementation of the FP return time enforcement decreased the value and drove scores of people away.

And any Terms and conditions you read about the FP+ are set in stone. Disney is bound by those previously released T&C. Nothing can change when all the testing is completed.

Disney's IT is totally inept and will not ever be able to get all the systems on the website and mobile app to work on a consistent basis. People will not be able to use the system and any FP+ that they make will be lost by the poor IT designers and system.

People will be forced to carry smart phones or tablets with them all day. people will leave their ringers on and disrupt every ride because they dont want to miss any texts from Disney. Provided that the incompetent IT can make that part of the system work.

People will not be able to figure out any of the proposed kiosks that are setup for FP+

And those bracelets. UGGHH. Nothing to get excited about there. People will have to wear those around. And beware, Disney will track your every movement while wearing one. People will be able to steal your credit card info from those magic bands. Thieves will be everywhere trying to capture info from those bracelets.

Please dont get excited about anything regarding FP+. Nothing good will come from it.
Quite a few inaccuracies you've got there. The biggest misconceptions are the parts about stealing your credit card info. The magic bands do NOT store active credit card info. The cards store an inactive RFID chip that is linked to a centralized record on a database. No personal info is stored on the band. Just like the Key to the World Card, but in wristband form. And no, Disney is NOT going to track your movements. Bog Iger wrote a scathing reply to Congressman Ed Markey from Massachusetts, who brought up those concerns. Bog Iger practically ripped him a new one in his reply.

As for the other assumptions. the enforcement of FassPass return times didn't drive people away in droves. The parks are as crowded as they ever were.

The only part of the post remotely accurate is the IT problem. The app and website for My Disney Experience has some glitches. It didn't work properly for my April trip, but I was still able to make a dining reservation from it while I was on the trip. It's working on some things but seems to have trouble with some prior resort or dining reservations.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #162
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTink View Post
I honestly feel really badly for travelers who inevitably will just show up at Disney. They are plenty of them out there. They will book a hotel room offsite and plan to just mosey on over to the parks without a master plan. They will not likely know anything about fast pass plus beforehand.

There are going to be so many frustrated people wandering around the parks not feeling any Disney "magic" whatsoever.
Since FastPass has been around since 1998 or so, I really think it's the fault of the people who don't take time to do any basic research of their trips. They don't have to be on the boards, but every guidebook on the market discusses FassPass.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #163
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmileyface View Post
I called Disney. I told them I am travelling in June and asked if I would have to worry about the new FastPass system. The person on the phone was very surprised I was even asking about this. He said, "Oh, no.. that's only JUST being piloted now and it won't really be rolled out until 2014." Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #164
NYDisneyKid
Expedition Everest Record Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
For real? I'm suspicious. For starters, May 12th isn't a Monday.
Correct
Old 05-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #165
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!

personally I am willing to drink the koolaid and believe that the eventual implementation of FP+ will be a good thing. while it is in the interest of Disney to find ways to get us in their shops and eateries spending our money, it still is also in their interests for guests to have an overall good time. I would really be surprised if they did not consider all aspects of a guest's experience and how to not negatively impact their experience. i'm sure they have worked at covering all aspects from the commando, rope dropping, running of the bulls to TSM crowd to the smell the roses crowd that still doesn't know about the current FP system. I just don't see Disney rocking the boat to the point that they alienate the masses. Yes, I drink the koolaid and I have faith in the Mouse
d1gitman is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: