DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
dmunsil
Disney Uber-Nerd

One more interesting case

Another mystery from the mixed-up files of Mrs Martha O Haynie. (Martha Haynie is the Orange County Comptroller, and her name is prominently on every page of the web site of the Comptroller's office.)

Couple A (in Hartford, CT) buys 150 pts BWV in January 2000
Couple A buys 150 more BWV in November 2000
Couple A sells the first chunk to Couple B, in Saint-Hubert, Quebec in October 2008. This is not a gratuitous transfer; it used escrow and a normal amount of cash changed hands.
Couple A and Couple B both sell their identical chunks to Disney on the same day in April 2013, for nearly the same price (but not exactly). One was 65/pt and one was 66/pt.

This seems like it can't be coincidence. But maybe it is. Maybe they both just happened to sell the same week, and then Disney exercises ROFR once a week. But man, I thought I was going crazy. I kept seeing a name from a previous transaction and thought I was looking at the wrong search.

I'm beginning to understand what a title search actually entails. It's quite the breadcrumb trail you have to follow with some of these transactions.
dmunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
agie65
New Disney Fan

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunsil View Post
Another mystery from the mixed-up files of Mrs Martha O Haynie. (Martha Haynie is the Orange County Comptroller, and her name is prominently on every page of the web site of the Comptroller's office.)

Couple A (in Hartford, CT) buys 150 pts BWV in January 2000
Couple A buys 150 more BWV in November 2000
Couple A sells the first chunk to Couple B, in Saint-Hubert, Quebec in October 2008. This is not a gratuitous transfer; it used escrow and a normal amount of cash changed hands.
Couple A and Couple B both sell their identical chunks to Disney on the same day in April 2013, for nearly the same price (but not exactly). One was 65/pt and one was 66/pt.

This seems like it can't be coincidence. But maybe it is. Maybe they both just happened to sell the same week, and then Disney exercises ROFR once a week. But man, I thought I was going crazy. I kept seeing a name from a previous transaction and thought I was looking at the wrong search.

I'm beginning to understand what a title search actually entails. It's quite the breadcrumb trail you have to follow with some of these transactions.
Very interesting.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: