DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
Kingdome8
Mouseketeer

Question on points

I'm thinking of buying 100 points at animal kingdom. In a few years I will need more as 3rd kid gets older.
My question is when I buy more points does that give me 2 home resorts?
Like if I have 100 at animal kingdom and 60 at bay lake will both be considered home resort for 11 month reservation? And can I book using all 160 points each vacation?
Kingdome8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

From the Home Resort Rules and Regulations:
Quote:
Home Resort Priority Period
  1. From eleven (11) months through and including eight (8) months in advance of their desired check in day, plus up to seven (7) consecutive days after the desired check in day, Club Members have exclusive access to reservations at their Home Resort. During the Home Resort Priority Period, only Club Members who have Ownership Interests at the Home Resort and who are using Home Resort Vacation Points will be able to request reservations at their Home Resort.
  2. Members who wish to reserve Vacation Homes at other DVC Resorts may begin requesting reservations seven (7) months in advance of their desired check in day, plus up to seven (7) consecutive days after the desired check in day. During this period, all Club Members will be able to request reservations at all DVC Resorts.
  3. All reservations are on a first-come first-served basis.
  4. DVC Operator may increase or decrease the length of the Home Resort Priority Period; however, the Home Resort Priority Period will never be shorter than one (1) month.
Club Members with Ownership Interests at Multiple DVC Resorts
  1. In the event that a Club Member has Ownership Interests in more than one DVC Resort, Home Resort Vacation Points from multiple DVC Resorts may be combined as DVC Vacation Points for reservations made less than seven (7) months in advance.
  2. If a Club Member requests a Home Resort reservation during the Home Resort Priority Period and the reservation requires more Home Resort Vacation Points than the Club Member has available in that particular Home Resort, he or she may borrow Home Resort Vacation Points from that particular Home Resort's next Use Year, subject to all Borrowing guidelines. Or, at the end of that particular DVC Resort's Home Priority Period, Club Members may use their Home Resort Vacation Points from other DVC Resorts as DVC Vacation Points to complete the reservation.
  3. Club Members cannot apply Home Resort Vacation Points from one DVC Resort as DVC Vacation Points to any other DVC Resort during the destination DVC Resort's Home Priority Period.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
myxdvz
DVC - BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdome8 View Post
I'm thinking of buying 100 points at animal kingdom. In a few years I will need more as 3rd kid gets older.
My question is when I buy more points does that give me 2 home resorts?
Like if I have 100 at animal kingdom and 60 at bay lake will both be considered home resort for 11 month reservation? And can I book using all 160 points each vacation?
Yes, you will have 2 home resorts but you can't combine them until the 7months.

Your 100 AK points, can be used at 11 months to book at AK.
Your 60 BLT points, can be used at 11 months to book at BLT.

At 7 months, you have 160 points to book anywhere.
Dec 2006 - X DLR / May 2010 - XY WDW, ASMo / March 2011 - XYZ DVC/DCL (AKV, Dream, OKW, Hilton) / Jan 2012 - XYZ DLR, PPH, VGC / June 2013 - WXYZ WDW, BCV/BWV / Oct 2013 - HKDL / Nov 2013 - WXYZ WDW/BLT/WBC, DCL/Magic / Mar 2014 WDW/OKW /
June 2014 HHI

myxdvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #4
Kingdome8
Mouseketeer

Ok that makes sense. I was confused. And not ready to buy a lot of points yet
Thanks guys
Kingdome8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: